Do I trust local shoe repair. It send them to alden. I don't have missing part to heel.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Yesterday at 9:57 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 4/17/16 at 2:48pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 5292post #79366 of 1224164/21/14 at 7:42pmpost #79367 of 1224164/21/14 at 7:43pmpost #79368 of 1224164/21/14 at 7:55pmQuote:Originally Posted by mike fite
Today is sad day. Got off work, got out of cab and took shoes off and low and behold.....heel is gone???!??[IMG] Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Do I trust local shoe repair. It send them to alden. I don't have missing part to heel.
BNelson or Alden direct.
If they are newer and not seconds, Alden may fix free.post #79369 of 1224164/21/14 at 8:02pmpost #79370 of 1224164/21/14 at 8:08pmpost #79371 of 1224164/21/14 at 8:17pmQuote:Originally Posted by TO Tie Guy
Friends, I was in Boston for the marathon over the weekend and brought some Saphir Cordovan Cream along for the ride just in case (one can never be too safe). I had it in the side of a weekender bag which was put under my seat. When I arrived home the glass had shattered and the cream was everywhere. Not the end of the world as the only other things in there were some cloths for buffing but a heads up if you are flying with the stuff, be careful!!
+1 I had a bottle that I bought from Leather Soul with a pair of shoes that leaked about 1/4 of it out of the top. The top was still in place, I figure it must've been a pressure issue on the plane during shipping.Quote:Originally Posted by mike fite
Today is sad day. Got off work, got out of cab and took shoes off and low and behold.....heel is gone???!?? Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Crazy, I would send it back to Alden, they should fix that for free.post #79372 of 1224164/21/14 at 8:31pmQuote:
I've had this happen to me twice on AE shoes, a new pair and a pair I had the factory refurb.
Alden will take care of this for free, but you loose several weeks to a month - if that matters, then as other have suggested, any local cobbler can fix this for you.
BNpost #79373 of 1224164/21/14 at 8:32pmQuote:
My guess is that Alden will fix for free but do you really feel like waiting a couple of months for such a basic repair? I'm with REguy, take it to a local cobbler. This is an easy fix.post #79374 of 1224164/21/14 at 8:43pmQuote:Originally Posted by keithp3521
Well, Friday is going to be a sad day for me: I put up my color 8 LWBs with antique edge for sale on Ebay. They just didn't fit right. Of all the different shoes I've worn, those color 8s are the only ones that women consistently said, 'Ooh, I love your shoes." As soon as Leffot has another pre-order, I'm going to replace them with my proper size. Guess I'm not alone in thinking that particular make-up is awesome: within an hour, those shoes had hundreds of views and bidding was up to more than half the retail price. I tell you, Aldens really hold their value.
There is good news in all of this, however: today I received a replacement pair, boots I've wanted for a long time: AF84 from Alden of Carmel, brown calfskin boots. I am in love all over again.
Boys, let me tell you: the customer service at Alden of Carmel is truly exceptional. I'm headed out of town tomorrow for bidness and I asked Adam at AoC if he could get them here to Alaska before I left and he did it. I have nothing but the highest praise for Adam and Alden of Carmel. I love the customer service at Leffot, too, BTW. But Adam is the Babe Ruth of cust svc.
Here's a pic of my new boots, just unwrapped. You can see my old Tricker's in the background. Funny how old and beat-up they look compared to brand-new Aldens.
Carry on, boys. And Alden always.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Here's the color 8 auction, if you're interested:
I felt the same way about my Epaulet alt Wien's that I just sold. I think the antique edge up against color 8 seems to really get women's attention. They were easily my most complimented shoes, but like you, the fit wasn't quite right. I posted a link to your auction a couple of days ago shortly after you listed the LWB's. A half size smaller and I would be all over them as they are a beautiful shoe. Good luck with your auction and congrats on your new score.post #79375 of 1224164/21/14 at 9:00pmQuote:
Send it to Alden. They should fix it for free. Must say Allen Edmonds has been exceptional with their customer service when this happened to me. Don't know about Alden however.post #79376 of 1224164/21/14 at 9:09pmpost #79377 of 1224164/21/14 at 9:09pmpost #79378 of 1224164/21/14 at 9:45pmQuote:Originally Posted by Bobbo316
Its an awesome choice. I went back and forth for weeks about picking it up because I have a snuff suede wingtip already on commando. I finally buckled though and ordered them. I should get in the next day or two. I do worry slightly though because my size was originally out of stock and someone returned. Just crossing my fingers that a defect of some sort wasnt the reasoning and its more related to sizing.
Anyways congrats on the purchase!
What size may that be for you?post #79379 of 1224164/21/14 at 9:46pmpost #79380 of 1224164/21/14 at 9:50pmQuote:Wow. Thanks, Shawn. That was very cool of you to link to my sale. That's good karma, baby.Originally Posted by Shawnc
I felt the same way about my Epaulet alt Wien's that I just sold. I think the antique edge up against color 8 seems to really get women's attention. They were easily my most complimented shoes, but like you, the fit wasn't quite right. I posted a link to your auction a couple of days ago shortly after you listed the LWB's. A half size smaller and I would be all over them as they are a beautiful shoe. Good luck with your auction and congrats on your new score.
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › WTB alden tanker or indy boot, in suede size 7.5-8d 54 seconds ago
- › HOF: Labels, heels and nail patterns - Secrets to ID the maker 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 3 minutes ago
- › WTB Alden LWB 8.5 B/D in Whiskey or Ravello 3 minutes ago
- › WTB ALDEN LONGWINGS 7.5 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 5 minutes ago
- › Motorcycles 6 minutes ago
- › EPAULET RIVET CHINO 10OZ DUCK CANVAS CARAMEL $150 Size 35 9 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...