or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 5285  

post #79261 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post

Maiden Voyage during my rare church appearance this AM. Happy Easter and Passover
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Looking good. Happy Easter.

-M
post #79262 of 122416

Happy Easter, All. 

post #79263 of 122416
Happy Easter!

X-post from #ShoeShineSunday …



New Alden 9015's ready for the world … scored from the shoemart seconds sale!
post #79264 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by macjedi View Post

Happy Easter!

X-post from #ShoeShineSunday …
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

New Alden 9015's ready for the world … scored from the shoemart seconds sale!

Dang, those are certainly looking sharp! :-)

-M
post #79265 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post

Dang, those are certainly looking sharp! :-)

-M
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Thanks mdubs! The spoiler's for you & rydenfan wink.gif
post #79266 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkater1 View Post

Thanks
Nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkotsko View Post

As I said on IG. Very Nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDV View Post

Wow. Looking good stevent.

Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDV View Post

Ravello and color 4 are my favorite shell colors. Blasphemous, I know....
Both are Barrie x the shoe mart. #4 ct, ravello sw. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Man I wish I had gotten those captoes as well. Amazing photo


Also shined up the color #4 for shoeshinesunday, first time any product or care on them outside of brushing and maybe reno one time:
post #79267 of 122416

Hello all.  First post here.  Been checking out this thread for years and finally have something to ask you guys.

 

 

I just got a pair of Color 8 Cap Toe boots on the Barrie in a D width.  I know I'm an E, but reallllly wanted these.  Predictably, they're a little tight.  I sized up 1/2 size to accomodate for volume, but they're still a teeny bit painful.  

 

Any ideas?  I know that cordovan "doesn't stretch", so am I just SOL?

 

post #79268 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstrsnkr View Post

Hello all.  First post here.  Been checking out this thread for years and finally have something to ask you guys.


I just got a pair of Color 8 Cap Toe boots on the Barrie in a D width.  I know I'm an E, but reallllly wanted these.  Predictably, they're a little tight.  I sized up 1/2 size to accomodate for volume, but they're still a teeny bit painful.  

Any ideas?  I know that cordovan "doesn't stretch", so am I just SOL?

I think the idea that shell won't stretch is a myth. I know there are those that believe that but I've had a different experience. B. Nelson personally told me that shell would stretch and I've had him stretch a pair of shell shoes for me with great success. With that said, after the shoes break in they may give you a little more space. As the insole is worn down it will add a little volume in the shoe.

Good looking boots! I have them in the grant last and wear them a lot.
post #79269 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevent View Post

Thanks!
Man I wish I had gotten those captoes as well. Amazing photo
Also shined up the color #4 for shoeshinesunday, first time any product or care on them outside of brushing and maybe reno one time:
Thanks.
WOW, your sw boots are something special. Nice work. What product did you use to shine them up?
post #79270 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstrsnkr View Post

Hello all.  First post here.  Been checking out this thread for years and finally have something to ask you guys.


I just got a pair of Color 8 Cap Toe boots on the Barrie in a D width.  I know I'm an E, but reallllly wanted these.  Predictably, they're a little tight.  I sized up 1/2 size to accomodate for volume, but they're still a teeny bit painful.  

Any ideas?  I know that cordovan "doesn't stretch", so am I just SOL? Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)



My rule of thumb is this - if they don't fit when I first try them on, I don't buy them. Would you like to wear a painful shoe for 8 hours? I know I wouldn't. I'd likely send those back and grab a pair in the 'e' width you need. The king captoe boot is a standard makeup so should not be too hard to source.

Hope that helps you out, although it might not be what you wanted to hear..
post #79271 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevent View Post

Also shined up the color #4 for shoeshinesunday.

Great boots, stevent!

This recent deluge of #4 pics is driving me crazy!!
post #79272 of 122416

Wow.  Quick replies.  Thanks for the input.

 

They felt great in the store.  I really wanted to get right to work breaking them in, so I marched all over the city yesterday, about 6 miles in them.  

 

That could certainly be a factor in the soreness when I pulled them off.  

 

I am pretty sure that type of mileage excludes them from any return policy.  

 

 

Maybe I'll just wear them in short bursts for a while before I send them off to get a little stretch.

 

Again, thanks!

post #79273 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstrsnkr View Post

Wow.  Quick replies.  Thanks for the input.

They felt great in the store.  I really wanted to get right to work breaking them in, so I marched all over the city yesterday, about 6 miles in them.  

That could certainly be a factor in the soreness when I pulled them off.  

I am pretty sure that type of mileage excludes them from any return policy.  


Maybe I'll just wear them in short bursts for a while before I send them off to get a little stretch.

Again, thanks!

You could also put them up on the Marketplace or you could give them another shot and see if they loosen up a little. Also like to point out the cork will compress a pidge with wear, which may give you the additional space you need.

-M
post #79274 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstrsnkr View Post

Hello all.  First post here.  Been checking out this thread for years and finally have something to ask you guys.


I just got a pair of Color 8 Cap Toe boots on the Barrie in a D width.  I know I'm an E, but reallllly wanted these.  Predictably, they're a little tight.  I sized up 1/2 size to accomodate for volume, but they're still a teeny bit painful.  

Any ideas?  I know that cordovan "doesn't stretch", so am I just SOL?

I think the idea that shell won't stretch is a myth. I know there are those that believe that but I've had a different experience. B. Nelson personally told me that shell would stretch and I've had him stretch a pair of shell shoes for me with great success. With that said, after the shoes break in they may give you a little more space. As the insole is worn down it will add a little volume in the shoe.

Good looking boots! I have them in the grant last and wear them a lot.

I have stretched shell before too. It can be done.
post #79275 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDV View Post

Thanks.
WOW, your sw boots are something special. Nice work. What product did you use to shine them up?

Thanks, used deer bone, neutral cordovan creme over boot, burgundy cordovan creme over toes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironclad View Post

Great boots, stevent!

This recent deluge of #4 pics is driving me crazy!!

Thanks!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.