I'll even throw in a pair of Alden shoe trees. ^^^ (and a couple hundred bucks)
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on 1/1/17 at 9:11am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 5284post #79246 of 1224164/19/14 at 6:16pmpost #79247 of 1224164/19/14 at 6:25pmI love the lacing on those boots. Dislike going under on the second set of eyelets. All boots should be laced this way unless the styling is super casual, then I'd not go top side on the first pair of eyelets.
The #4 cap toe is unreal. I can't believe I missed out on some of these rare shells.post #79248 of 1224164/19/14 at 6:53pmpost #79249 of 1224164/19/14 at 7:31pmpost #79250 of 1224164/19/14 at 7:35pmpost #79251 of 1224164/19/14 at 7:38pmpost #79252 of 1224164/19/14 at 8:51pmQuote:Originally Posted by green garden
I got a package from the Easter Bunny.
Overall, I like the way that the pair I got isn't too dark. But as we all painfully know by now, it really seems like no Alden is without any issue. My pair also exhibits some color differences. The toe of the left is darker than the vamp, then the vamp of the right is darker than the toe. If they switched the skins, I think the colors would have matched better. It's not bad and the ordinary person probably won't notice. But I wish the people making these would have been a bit more fastidious and switched the skins for the better match.
Where are people getting these shell Aldens from? And do they have all sizes available?post #79253 of 1224164/19/14 at 9:17pmQuote:
That #4 captoe is outstanding. Wonder how you keep it so pristine. There's barely a crease there and the lustre it has is unbelievably pristine.post #79254 of 1224164/19/14 at 9:18pmQuote:
Quote:Quote:Quote:Quote:Originally Posted by sacafotos
I love the lacing on those boots. Dislike going under on the second set of eyelets. All boots should be laced this way unless the styling is super casual, then I'd not go top side on the first pair of eyelets.
The #4 cap toe is unreal. I can't believe I missed out on some of these rare shells.
I agree with the second eyelet lacing observation. I play with lacing too much, thanks for noticing.
thanks for the kind words gentlemen. Everyone's been killing it lately on this thread. its nice to see what you guys post on a daily basis.
wkl, these were a limited run from a couple of years ago. I don't want to say never, but it will be hard to track a pair down. and the size 10 doesn't help, that may be the most competitive size around here.post #79255 of 1224164/19/14 at 9:25pmQuote:Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster
Thanks BC. Not sure I hold them on equal ground, but I certainly hold both in high regard. Chrmxl certainly makes for a great casual shoe.
Sorry DV for not telling you immediately. You said "we were safe" because someone had already snagged the 10D. I said, "Safe? I guess..." I suppose I wanted to take a look at them first. I have had second thoughts about how much use I would get from them. The blue is some what sharp and greenish rather than navy. In any case, they will split time with my snuff LWB, tan PTB, brown chrmxl dovers, and my natty chrmxl LWBs. Ugh... when Will I wear all of my shell??!!
I've decided to keep them. If this shoe came out with brown chrmxl instead of the blue, I would jump on those too.
rtp, I think they look great. I can see you incorporating them into your rotation just fine. I'm happy you got them. now, easter fit photo please...
sorry, the ravello sw boots are staying home. forever.Quote:
thank you circleslife. I wear these quite a bit, I really like them. I use trees and clean them with an old t-shirt after e wear. there must be something about this hide, they do show less rolls than other shells I have.post #79256 of 1224164/19/14 at 9:30pmpost #79257 of 1224164/20/14 at 7:05amQuote:Originally Posted by thebeebs
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Proud to say I own both of these pairs, but Mr DV, how do yours get such a "wet look"? Do I need to gel my shoes or something?
Beebs, your avatar pic of your wingtip boots looks wet/gelled up pretty nicely.post #79258 of 1224164/20/14 at 8:43ampost #79259 of 1224164/20/14 at 8:44ampost #79260 of 1224164/20/14 at 10:29am
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Any One for a Scotch? 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 2 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos,... 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 8 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 11 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 14 minutes ago
- › NIB Junkard Berry Shell Cordovan Size 42 (US 9) 16 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 16 minutes ago
- › Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures 18 minutes ago
- › Nigel Cabourn 19 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...