or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 5224  

post #78346 of 122416
Visited Lakota House in Tokyo searching for shell boots on the Modified last. Was really hoping for ravello and cigar but no luck. The guy told me that the rare shell colors are now just that, extremely rare. All they had were #8 and black (both PT boots). At 110,000 Yen (about $1100), I couldn't bite. But they had some boots on the Military last, which I've never tried. Given my obsession with Viberg right now, the Military last was very appealing to me. The toe box is rounder than the Modified last but has less interior room. It has less of the extreme arch of the Modified but the heel is narrower, which I really liked.

This last has more of a work boot look to it. I spent way more for these than I should have, but they will be my souvenir from Tokyo. My first boots with a crepe sole, which don't get much love here, but thought I'd try, as they were just so comfortable.





post #78347 of 122416
Boot spell, those are great! Very cool pickup and they look supremely comfortable
post #78348 of 122416

Whiskey with olive drab linen today.

This particular batch has some green undertones.

It must have been aged in American oak barrels. HAHA

 

post #78349 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post


Lookin' good Sazon!  You nearly fooled me... your pic was cut off on my screen, and for a second I thought Uncle Mac was back!  Oh well, hope he 's doing well.  Wear in great health my friend...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post

Dang, those are looking awesome!!! Beautiful boots Saz!

-M

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDV View Post

Very nice boots sazon.
Nice sw mdubs. I'm considering those, even though they're black. smile.gif


Thank you kindly gentlemen!
post #78350 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post

Alden for Brooks Brother Shortwing Balmorals in Black Shell Cordovan. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)



  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)












Worn with a Charcoal Pinstripe Suit, white dress shirt, and red tie. I thought the socks were cool at bringing it all together! :-)

-Mike

Mike - these look great in black ! Nice pick.
post #78351 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkotsko View Post

Whiskey with olive drab linen today.
This particular batch has some green undertones.
It must have been aged in American oak barrels. HAHA
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


I think whiskey lends itself better to shortwings than longwings. Looking sharp B!
post #78352 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post

Alden for Brooks Brother Shortwing Balmorals in Black Shell Cordovan.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Worn with a Charcoal Pinstripe Suit, white dress shirt, and red tie. I thought the socks were cool at bringing it all together! :-)

-Mike
I really dig those black eyelets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkotsko View Post

Whiskey with olive drab linen today.
This particular batch has some green undertones.
It must have been aged in American oak barrels. HAHA
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

They look so dang good, BK.
post #78353 of 122416
Alden x Leffot King Naval Boot

In 2 different lighting schemes. I got creative at the photo studio today.

post #78354 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by sazon View Post

Alden x Leffot King Naval Boot

In 2 different lighting schemes. I got creative at the photo studio today.
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

These are a great looking boot, Saz.

post #78355 of 122416
^^ Very nice, Saz!
post #78356 of 122416
Kotsko/Saz,

Both of yours look terrific. I have never seen the Leffot boot with antique before.

-M
post #78357 of 122416

Is the military last the same as M-58 (Alden for BB?)

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by BootSpell View Post

Visited Lakota House in Tokyo searching for shell boots on the Modified last. Was really hoping for ravello and cigar but no luck. The guy told me that the rare shell colors are now just that, extremely rare. All they had were #8 and black (both PT boots). At 110,000 Yen (about $1100), I couldn't bite. But they had some boots on the Military last, which I've never tried. Given my obsession with Viberg right now, the Military last was very appealing to me. The toe box is rounder than the Modified last but has less interior room. It has less of the extreme arch of the Modified but the heel is narrower, which I really liked.

This last has more of a work boot look to it. I spent way more for these than I should have, but they will be my souvenir from Tokyo. My first boots with a crepe sole, which don't get much love here, but thought I'd try, as they were just so comfortable.

 
post #78358 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootSpell View Post

Visited Lakota House in Tokyo searching for shell boots on the Modified last. Was really hoping for ravello and cigar but no luck. The guy told me that the rare shell colors are now just that, extremely rare. All they had were #8 and black (both PT boots). At 110,000 Yen (about $1100), I couldn't bite. But they had some boots on the Military last, which I've never tried. Given my obsession with Viberg right now, the Military last was very appealing to me. The toe box is rounder than the Modified last but has less interior room. It has less of the extreme arch of the Modified but the heel is narrower, which I really liked.

This last has more of a work boot look to it. I spent way more for these than I should have, but they will be my souvenir from Tokyo. My first boots with a crepe sole, which don't get much love here, but thought I'd try, as they were just so comfortable.

Pretty interesting that this is the second time this boot has come up recently. I also just picked up a pair NIB on eBay, but may have gotten my sizing wrong on the military last. There will likely be a pair on B&S shortly.
post #78359 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post

Kotsko/Saz,

Both of yours look terrific. I have never seen the Leffot boot with antique before.

-M

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sazon View Post


I think whiskey lends itself better to shortwings than longwings. Looking sharp B!

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post


They look so dang good, BK.

Thanks, Gents.

post #78360 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootSpell View Post

Visited Lakota House in Tokyo searching for shell boots on the Modified last. Was really hoping for ravello and cigar but no luck. The guy told me that the rare shell colors are now just that, extremely rare. All they had were #8 and black (both PT boots). At 110,000 Yen (about $1100), I couldn't bite. But they had some boots on the Military last, which I've never tried. Given my obsession with Viberg right now, the Military last was very appealing to me. The toe box is rounder than the Modified last but has less interior room. It has less of the extreme arch of the Modified but the heel is narrower, which I really liked.

This last has more of a work boot look to it. I spent way more for these than I should have, but they will be my souvenir from Tokyo. My first boots with a crepe sole, which don't get much love here, but thought I'd try, as they were just so comfortable.
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

379x reminds me of the baby between a Modified and Barrie last.....

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.