or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 5215  

post #78211 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by movoblast View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkotsko View Post

 
I am amazed no one has jumped on those Color 8 974s on the 'bay BIN $450 8.5D
Its a steal.
Not really. Can't you get those every so often with the brooks brothers corporate discount for the same price? Unless you need those NOW it'd be better to wait for the next corporate sale in which it'd be brand new and have a legitimate exchange policy.

The stock 974 (Tremont last) is not available at BB. BB's version of the color 8 shortwing bal (M-75 last) is quite different - in design, appearance, and fit - than the 974. I have owned both.

Of all the Alden shell models BB carries, the shortwing bals have probably been the least restocked of them all, at least in the last few years.

$450 is roughly 1/3rd off the current retail price for the 974.
post #78212 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguy View Post


The stock 974 (Tremont last) is not available at BB. BB's version of the color 8 shortwing bal (M-75 last) is quite different - in design, appearance, and fit - than the 974. I have owned both.

Of all the Alden shell models BB carries, the shortwing bals have probably been the least restocked of them all, at least in the last few years.

$450 is roughly 1/3rd off the current retail price for the 974.

 

+1, I have the 974 (Color 8) and the BB in Black Shell. Very different shoes.

 

-M

post #78213 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post



icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gificon_gu_b_slayer[1].gificon_gu_b_slayer[1].gificon_gu_b_slayer[1].gificon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

 

Crap, I thought I was a longwing nut...

 

-M

post #78214 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by sazon View Post

Splitting toes today Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

Saz, those are awesome! Nice socks as well! I am sure that you are making Uncle Mac proud.

post #78215 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

A LWB on grant is something I'd like to see (and own).

The only place I've ever seen them is Thom Browne for Brooks, and then only in black.
post #78216 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

A LWB on grant is something I'd like to see (and own).

The BB Black Fleece line sold a black shell LWB on Grant last through, I think, 2010. I believe the initial price was $800. I picked them up on sale for $400, but others got them at $340 (an additional 15% off).
post #78217 of 122416
Wow, five pairs of the same model. worship.gif

Four is my limit.

post #78218 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxgreen View Post

The BB Black Fleece line sold a black shell LWB on Grant last through, I think, 2010. I believe the initial price was $800. I picked them up on sale for $400, but others got them at $340 (an additional 15% off).

lol how was this possible. that much of asaving through BB direct? they retail for around $700 and the best i got them for (40% off) was low $400
post #78219 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtc2000 View Post

Wow, five pairs of the same model. worship.gif

Four is my limit.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

cray, just cray

do you have any closeups? i do recall you posting them before..
post #78220 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Nation View Post


Quick question about the quality of the shell on your shoes - on mine, I am a bit disappointed by the quality of the shell itself.

Take a close look at yours on the left and right side of the vamp and let me know if you have any patches where the shell is "rough" - like the surface of an orange. I have a big spot on each shoe where the shell simply isn't smooth. It isn't on the vamp, so I shrugged it off, but for the price, I'm not thrilled about the quality in all honesty...

Cheers,
BN

If you want quality, buy Edward Green or John Lobb.  

 

Buying Aldens is like selecting a life partner: someone who may not be perfect, but is perfect for you.

post #78221 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post

Crap, I thought I was a longwing nut...

-M
This made me choke on my coffee.
post #78222 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

lol how was this possible. that much of asaving through BB direct? they retail for around $700 and the best i got them for (40% off) was low $400

I bought my pair in 2010. The tongue on my pair says "2007." That may have been the first or second year that Thom Browne designed the Black Fleece line. Perhaps Brooks Brothers had high expectations but their expectations were not met and they were stuck with a lot of inventory. I am confident that the retail price was $800 and that I got my pair for 50% off. I had the NY (Madison Ave.) store ship an 11.5D and a 12D to me because I was unsure of the fit. I ended up returning the 11.5D.
post #78223 of 122416
oh lord. i had returned a 12, needed the 11.5 snap!
post #78224 of 122416



From new to trashed.
post #78225 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeebs View Post

If you want quality, buy Edward Green or John Lobb.  

Buying Aldens is like selecting a life partner: someone who may not be perfect, but is perfect for you.

Thanks, I'll sleep better tonight... shog[1].gif

We're talking about Horween Shell here (and possibly Alden QA), but not your run of the mill Alden manufacturing issues...

Cheers,
BN
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.