Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on 1/1/17 at 9:11am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 5186post #77777 of 1224164/3/14 at 6:54ampost #77778 of 1224164/3/14 at 6:55am
I have a black and #8 shell watch band from Fluco. They're quite nice considering the price point, but I would agree with you that they're on the dry side.
Quote:Originally Posted by Burzan
Sorry to go off track a little again, just wanted to show you guys my new cordovan watch strap. I wasn't sure what to expect as it was around $70, but it seems very well made though darker than I had thought from the website pics. It is not too much darker than the strap on the LHS in real life. The shell was a bit dry so I hit it with some VSC and that darkened it a bit more. Overall I am very satisfied for the price point. I also have a #8 strap on the way that seems to be Nomos seconds or something, again a great price point so we'll see when that arrives.
Fluco Horween Shell in Whiskey.
This is for the other day when I was trying to find a belt for my Whiskey LHS. I put my AE walnut Manistee belt up against it and I am not sure I like it at all. The LHS has a rich olive undertone and the belt has so much orange in it. It will work until I find something better I suppose.post #77779 of 1224164/3/14 at 6:56ampost #77780 of 1224164/3/14 at 6:57ampost #77781 of 1224164/3/14 at 7:01am
Wow! These are incredible. I don't remember seeing this particular makeup before. Are these a recent run or something you have had for awhile?post #77782 of 1224164/3/14 at 7:10ampost #77783 of 1224164/3/14 at 7:10ampost #77784 of 1224164/3/14 at 7:11amQuote:
Nailed it. Wife came home. She is not quite the shoe fan. I will upload the pics tonight.
-Mpost #77785 of 1224164/3/14 at 7:13amThere seems to be increased interest in navy reverse chamois like that offered by Tassels.
As it is not shell, perhaps we would have a chance to do a similar makeup stateside. Has anyone tried this angle with any US shop, and would anyone be on board?
I could see this being really amazing with no speed hooks, and darker edging. Actually, I could see it being awesome in a cap toe, like the Alfred Sargent x J. Crew boot.post #77786 of 1224164/3/14 at 7:41ampost #77787 of 1224164/3/14 at 7:47ampost #77788 of 1224164/3/14 at 8:01ampost #77789 of 1224164/3/14 at 8:03amCan I get some sizing advice? I'm hoping to pick up some LWB in shell, but I'm not sure of my size on the Barrie last. I think I'm around a 10.5E on the brannock. I wear a 10.5EE in AE 5 last (though my instep is a little high for the balmorals). I sometimes wear an 11D in other shoes.
Should I go for 10.5D? 10E?
Thankspost #77790 of 1224164/3/14 at 8:15amQuote:The Barrie has a lot of volume. I would say a 10.5D.Originally Posted by K. Nights
Can I get some sizing advice? I'm hoping to pick up some LWB in shell, but I'm not sure of my size on the Barrie last. I think I'm around a 10.5E on the brannock. I wear a 10.5EE in AE 5 last (though my instep is a little high for the balmorals). I sometimes wear an 11D in other shoes.
Should I go for 10.5D? 10E?
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Cars We Drive! 4 minutes ago
- › Antonio Meccariello Shoes 5 minutes ago
- › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Kamakura Shirts - Madison Ave Store 8 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 9 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 10 minutes ago
- › 3 Piece Fresco Suit??? 13 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 13 minutes ago
- › The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions 13 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 15 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › The Current Popular Menswear Pieces
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway