or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 5174  

post #77596 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post

TV, awesome PTBs! Way to keep it classic on a Monday.
-Mike

Thank you, Mike!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironclad View Post

TV, great looking shoes! I really need to consider buying a pair at some point in the future.

Thank you! I guess my lady was right, she convinved me to get the 990 and hold for the 975. This is my first ever PTB dress shoes and the more I look at them the more it grows on me. Weird, but I like it. I am waiting for Adam to restock his commando 975 this late Fall.
post #77597 of 122416

Gentlemen,

 

Finally back at home, I took my Color #2 LWBs for some more photographs. I am *hoping* to wear these bad boys on Thursday for their maiden voyage, but that largely depends on weather.

 

These have the single 1.5 or "one and a half" thick sole finished with the oil finish. Kind of an in between the flex-welt and the water-lock sole options...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

And for fun... An old outdoor pic.

 

-Mike

post #77598 of 122416

Since I think we all appreciate some fine Shell Cordovan around here, how about an Ashland Leather wallet in Natural Shell.

 

 

 

 

 

-Mike

post #77599 of 122416

^^ beautiful wallet.. loving my #4 from them, need to grab an #8 or black shell at some point

post #77600 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhitelaw View Post
 

^^ beautiful wallet.. loving my #4 from them, need to grab an #8 or black shell at some point

 

Definitely, they are good stuff. I have the Italian Brown (closest I could get to Ravello) and this Natural Shell (close to Whiskey and I thought it would be cool to have a natural shell sample).

post #77601 of 122416
I have #4, Whiskey and Cigar from them. I would love a marbled shell
post #77602 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by tv2177 View Post

Thank you, Mike!
Thank you! I guess my lady was right, she convinved me to get the 990 and hold for the 975. This is my first ever PTB dress shoes and the more I look at them the more it grows on me. Weird, but I like it. I am waiting for Adam to restock his commando 975 this late Fall.

Nothing wrong with the 975, but I think you and your lady made the right choice with the 990.

You might also consider the AF80 (SW blucher on commando) and AF79 (WT boot on commando) for a #8 wingtip.
post #77603 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post
 

Gentlemen,

 

Finally back at home, I took my Color #2 LWBs for some more photographs. I am *hoping* to wear these bad boys on Thursday for their maiden voyage, but that largely depends on weather.

 

These have the single 1.5 or "one and a half" thick sole finished with the oil finish. Kind of an in between the flex-welt and the water-lock sole options...

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

Weak in the knees, Mike! I'm weak in the knees.

post #77604 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Argentino View Post

Quick question: in using such paste wax over such high stress areas, don't you get the polish cracking via subsequent wear? Is it just a colored cream that one is shooting for here for such an effect as you describe?

As long as you do not cake on the wax this should not happen.  Most of it buffed and brushed off.

post #77605 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Doble View Post

Nothing wrong with the 975, but I think you and your lady made the right choice with the 990.

You might also consider the AF80 (SW blucher on commando) and AF79 (WT boot on commando) for a #8 wingtip.

To be honest with you, AF80 was actually something that my lady told me to get at the first lace, until she sees the 990.

AF80 is definitely one fine shoe and I'll need to pick that one up at some point. As for AF79, I am leaning towards the plaza WT boot from JGilberts. For me, plaza boot is the way to go.
post #77606 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post
 

Gentlemen,

 

Finally back at home, I took my Color #2 LWBs for some more photographs. I am *hoping* to wear these bad boys on Thursday for their maiden voyage, but that largely depends on weather.

 

These have the single 1.5 or "one and a half" thick sole finished with the oil finish. Kind of an in between the flex-welt and the water-lock sole options...

 

 

-Mike

 

Congratulation on the #2s and nice pics Mike. Wear in good health. Again, I'm not sure if you should wear them. :tounge:

post #77607 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by tv2177 View Post

To be honest with you, AF80 was actually something that my lady told me to get at the first lace, until she sees the 990.

AF80 is definitely one fine shoe and I'll need to pick that one up at some point. As for AF79, I am leaning towards the plaza WT boot from JGilberts. For me, plaza boot is the way to go.

The plaza last makes an excellent boot indeed. I was just limiting myself to AoC #8 WT offerings.
post #77608 of 122416

thanks for the kind words mike, I enjoyed the monks today.

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdubs View Post
 

Gentlemen,

 

Finally back at home, I took my Color #2 LWBs for some more photographs. I am *hoping* to wear these bad boys on Thursday for their maiden voyage, but that largely depends on weather.

 

These have the single 1.5 or "one and a half" thick sole finished with the oil finish. Kind of an in between the flex-welt and the water-lock sole options...

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

And for fun... An old outdoor pic.

-Mike

awesome looking shoes. thanks for sharing.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post
 

Since I think we all appreciate some fine Shell Cordovan around here, how about an Ashland Leather wallet in Natural Shell.

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Mike

sweet wallet.

post #77609 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincikid View Post
 

A few pages back folks were wondering how the navy CXL would work with dark jeans. Here's Alden for J.Crew with RRL once washed denim combo. 

 

 

 

 

Thanks for the picture! The natural welt and tan laces make the look.

post #77610 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post

TV, awesome PTBs! Way to keep it classic on a Monday.
Beautiful LWBs. Looking terrific!
-Mike

Thanks Mdubs
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.