or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 5170  

post #77536 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDV View Post

shell monk


Good god are those fantastic. Are they the ones you just scored off of eBay? Also, great outfit.

For me, Color 8 pt boots to complement our dusting of snow today:
post #77537 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don L View Post
 

Those are superb 

yes, I agree

post #77538 of 122416

I bought that model too, great jeans

post #77539 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by bespoken pa View Post

What color tanker are you looking for? Cxl? Shell?

fter looking at some photos,  I would like the Shell.

post #77540 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post

Not a monk fan, but I would wear those often!  While the breadth of your collection may not compare with Uncle's collection, your must-have pairs are certainly in the same league.  I'm just trying to get in the same league with your lawn.  Spring can't get here soon enough!  I would like to live in SD.  smile.gif
Thanks rtp, you're too kind.
I miss mac's postings, hopefully he can rejoin us soon.
Spring is here in sd, you might be able to see oranges that have fallen off the trees in the photo.
post #77541 of 122416

Black Calf NST's for this monsoon Monday

 

post #77542 of 122416
PSA - Kathy at Alden DC has a few pairs of Ravello Chukkas in 10.5, 11.0 and 11.5 - all D and all on Barrie

Cheers,
BN
post #77543 of 122416
So I received the Shoemart 2nd's today. Box was marked 9900 Cigar PTB but I'm pretty sure these are the new Ravello (as advertised on the 2nd's list). Initially they looked to be in pretty much perfect condition. When I held them in direct sunlight I could see that one of the shoes was considerably lighter than the other. I'm wondering what I should do because at the moment they actually look like 2 different shoes. It seems that I have a few options:

1. Return them for a refund.
2. Wear them and hope they even out.
3. Leave the darker shoe in the sunlight for a few days/ weeks/months.
4. Apply renovateur to the darker shoe and hope that I can get it to match the lighter one.
5. Send them to Alden for "refinishing".

I am inclined to give the renovateur route a go - I lightened a pair of AE Dundee's (which were coated in finishing product) quite successfully recently. However, I wouldn'y want to do this and potentially mess one of the shoes up for good.

If I contacted Alden would they even offer to attempt to make these match by refinishing them, and if so does anyone here have the contact info of someone at Alden who might be able to help me?

These are on the Barrie and I'm a size 12.5D - these are never available in my size, anywhere. In fact, I'm puzzled as to where these were headed before they became seconds? They could have been from a DC run? These have quite a dark antique edging.

Anyway, any advice would be appreciated.

This is what they look like... the colour difference is much more apparent in direct sunlight.

post #77544 of 122416
Gents, quick question.

I'm thinking to order BB color 8 captoe in 9D at 40% but have to ask for some advice. If I wear 9D in Plaza and Grant, am I OK with 9D in BB Snap last?

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Cordovan-Leather-Straight-Tips/039H,default,pd.html?dwvar_039H_Color=BLCK&contentpos=6&cgid=0522
post #77545 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoit1981 View Post

So I received the Shoemart 2nd's today. Box was marked 9900 Cigar PTB but I'm pretty sure these are the new Ravello (as advertised on the 2nd's list). Initially they looked to be in pretty much perfect condition. When I held them in direct sunlight I could see that one of the shoes was considerably lighter than the other. I'm wondering what I should do because at the moment they actually look like 2 different shoes. It seems that I have a few options:

1. Return them for a refund.
2. Wear them and hope they even out.
3. Leave the darker shoe in the sunlight for a few days/ weeks/months.
4. Apply renovateur to the darker shoe and hope that I can get it to match the lighter one.
5. Send them to Alden for "refinishing".

I am inclined to give the renovateur route a go - I lightened a pair of AE Dundee's (which were coated in finishing product) quite successfully recently. However, I wouldn'y want to do this and potentially mess one of the shoes up for good.

If I contacted Alden would they even offer to attempt to make these match by refinishing them, and if so does anyone here have the contact info of someone at Alden who might be able to help me?

These are on the Barrie and I'm a size 12.5D - these are never available in my size, anywhere. In fact, I'm puzzled as to where these were headed before they became seconds? They could have been from a DC run? These have quite a dark antique edging.

Anyway, any advice would be appreciated.

This is what they look like... the colour difference is much more apparent in direct sunlight.
 

 

If they were mine I'd likely keep them and go at the lighter shoe with a darker shade of cordovan creme in an attempt to darken the lighter shoe to get close  to the darker one...

 

The combination of seconds and size means you keep them and figure it out... imo

post #77546 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post

Sell two of seven:
Black cordovan tanker boot (Barrie)
Black cordovan NST blucher (Aberdeen)
Color 8 wingtip boot (Barrie)
Color 8 captoe boot (Plaza)
Black cordovan unlined PTB (Barrie)
990 (Barrie)
Snuff plaza wingtip bluchers

Rule - you can only pick one black model

I'd say black tankers since you have #8 tankers, but you said the black tankers get a lot of wear. Maybe black unlined PTB and then either #8 wt boot or snuff wt bluchers.
post #77547 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel28 View Post

Gents, quick question.

I'm thinking to order BB color 8 captoe in 9D at 40% but have to ask for some advice. If I wear 9D in Plaza and Grant, am I OK with 9D in BB Snap last?

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Cordovan-Leather-Straight-Tips/039H,default,pd.html?dwvar_039H_Color=BLCK&contentpos=6&cgid=0522

How are you able to get the BB shell at 40%?  I called about their recent sale and every associate I talked to said they're excluded.

post #77548 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleViti View Post

How are you able to get the BB shell at 40%?  I called about their recent sale and every associate I talked to said they're excluded.

It helps to know SA but I not 100% if I can do it. Just trying to confirm my sizing.
post #77549 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel28 View Post

Gents, quick question.

I'm thinking to order BB color 8 captoe in 9D at 40% but have to ask for some advice. If I wear 9D in Plaza and Grant, am I OK with 9D in BB Snap last?

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Cordovan-Leather-Straight-Tips/039H,default,pd.html?dwvar_039H_Color=BLCK&contentpos=6&cgid=0522

I just went through this the other week. The first review on Brooks Brothers' website was correct for me: I ordered them in my Plaza / Aberdeen size of 10.5D, and they felt short and rubbed. I sized up a half size up to 11D and they fit much better. I know a lot of folks say that the Snap last is essentially the Aberdeen, but I did not find that to be true.
post #77550 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackboard_knowledge View Post

I just went through this the other week. The first review on Brooks Brothers' website was correct for me: I ordered them in my Plaza / Aberdeen size of 10.5D, and they felt short and rubbed. I sized up a half size up to 11D and they fit much better. I know a lot of folks say that the Snap last is essentially the Aberdeen, but I did not find that to be true.

I appreciate your help, maybe I'll order both, 9D and 9.5D.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.