or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 5167  

post #77491 of 122416

any color except black.

post #77492 of 122416
Been trying to find a shell NST shoe with commando for a while. I saw a pair on EBAY but not my size. Anyone aware of retailers who sell this makeup? Any color but black would work and I guess the only realistic option is 8, which would be fine.
post #77493 of 122416


Marble Indy...
post #77494 of 122416
Great work Mr Chorizo... That was a cool makeup. You're wearing it exactly the right way.
post #77495 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post

1) The appearance of the drip mark should be reduced or eliminated with a suede brush
2) They will get more drip marks over time. A brush will help

Not a huge deal IMO.

Yup. You'll get more marks on suede shoes the first time you wear them.

I'll never understand this practice of workboots made up in delicate fabrics and then getting vexed when they inevitably get a mark on them.
post #77496 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by meso View Post

Yup. You'll get more marks on suede shoes the first time you wear them.

I'll never understand this practice of workboots made up in delicate fabrics and then getting vexed when they inevitably get a mark on them.

Two things the mark was not put there by me. It was received that way. Second I have snuff plain toe boots there are 5 years old rotated heavy thru summer and fall with no marks on the at all.
post #77497 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitchottie View Post


Any thoughts

My hypothesis is that your shoes were sold to a customer who subsequently returned them, and then they were resold to you.  The reason I say this is bc Need Supply was, at one point, sold out of all sizes except 9.5D, and then about a week later, an 8D and 11.5D appeared on their website inventory.  This leads me to believe that these two pairs, one of which was likely yours, were returned and resold.  Just a guess, but I'm likely correct given what you are reporting.

 

That said, you're going to do far worse things to those shoes over time, and I'm sure a suede eraser and brush will remove the marks.  If you are upset, and rightfully so, you may have to return knowing that you won't be able to get a replacement pair.

 

Best of luck either way!

post #77498 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by meso View Post

Yup. You'll get more marks on suede shoes the first time you wear them.

I'll never understand this practice of workboots made up in delicate fabrics and then getting vexed when they inevitably get a mark on them.

This. I purposefully get suede a bit busted immediately, just to get it out of the way and not feel all fussy. Things look better worn anyway.
post #77499 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeebs View Post

My hypothesis is that your shoes were sold to a customer who subsequently returned them, and then they were resold to you.  The reason I say this is bc Need Supply was, at one point, sold out of all sizes except 9.5D, and then about a week later, an 8D and 11.5D appeared on their website inventory.  This leads me to believe that these two pairs, one of which was likely yours, were returned and resold.  Just a guess, but I'm likely correct given what you are reporting.

That said, you're going to do far worse things to those shoes over time, and I'm sure a suede eraser and brush will remove the marks.  If you are upset, and rightfully so, you may have to return knowing that you won't be able to get a replacement pair.

Best of luck either way!

Thank you I tried a suede brush and the white eraser and nothing changed. The only thing that happened was the nap got looser. I even lightly wet the area and brushed again. I am using a normal suede brush not a metal bristle brush... I don't want todo any damage to the boots. I am confused as to what could have dripped to not come off, that is why I wonder if it came came from the factory like that.
post #77500 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitchottie View Post

Thank you I tried a suede brush and the white eraser and nothing changed. The only thing that happened was the nap got looser. I even lightly wet the area and brushed again. I am using a normal suede brush not a metal bristle brush... I don't want todo any damage to the boots. I am confused as to what could have dripped to not come off, that is why I wonder if it came came from the factory like that.

For what it's worth, I'd probably contact the vendor and see if they'll toss you a couple bucks. On one hand, yes, they sent you shoes with a slight flaw. On the other hand, you bought light colored suede boots and you'll surely accumulate more stains and scratches than that.

It definitely wouldn't be a deal-killer for me.
post #77501 of 122416
Gents, I've been out of the Alden area for a while...is anybody currently offering a black Indy with a dark welt? Basically one like the black cordovan but in calf.
post #77502 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDave View Post

Gents, I've been out of the Alden area for a while...is anybody currently offering a black Indy with a dark welt? Basically one like the black cordovan but in calf.

i thought i remembered that Adam had one on special over at AofC. Good luck.

post #77503 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitchottie View Post

Two things the mark was not put there by me. It was received that way. Second I have snuff plain toe boots there are 5 years old rotated heavy thru summer and fall with no marks on the at all.
Seems like you are careful with your suede. I am careful with mine too, I would not be happy to pay full retail for expensive suede boots with that mark in that area.
Give the retailer a call, would you consider a small discount or credit towards your next purchase? I'm guessing they don't have another pair of these in your size available.
post #77504 of 122416
In all honesty, why do you really care what everyone on this thread thinks? If you are happy with them, keep them, if you don't think they are up to your standards, then return them. But you seem to come on here somewhat regularly with a post asking what everyone thinks, and basically asking them to make the choice for you.

It's your call, they are your shoes.

Just make a choice and stick with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitchottie View Post

Here is a crazy question.. How do you guys stop buying Alden's. While I love Alden's I also love the deal. I just bought 4 pairs last month.
Tres bien reverse tobacco Indy , ptb natty on crepe, natty chukka jcrew, snuff suede Dover ... I have these plus jcrew 405, 404, 401.. Jcrew natty cap toe boot, jcrew cordovan cap toe boot, jcrew suede lwb, jcrew scotch grain lwb, jcrew snuff plain toe boot. Jcrew tobacco plain toe boot. Now I want to buy the need supply Indy and the leffot greenwhich... I seriously think I have a problem... How do you guys stop or contain yourself to pass on deals or say hey I won't wear those much. I make sure I rotate thru each pair as long as the weather doesn't affect anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitchottie View Post

Jcrew natural chukka... Sized to 11 amazed they fit. Is the wrinkling normal on the vamp?




Quote:
Originally Posted by fitchottie View Post

Should I be concerned with the stitching on the side welt or the wave. Also thoughts on the un even stitching on the toe( one being wider and the other pointy).
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitchottie View Post

Thank you I tried a suede brush and the white eraser and nothing changed. The only thing that happened was the nap got looser. I even lightly wet the area and brushed again. I am using a normal suede brush not a metal bristle brush... I don't want todo any damage to the boots. I am confused as to what could have dripped to not come off, that is why I wonder if it came came from the factory like that.
post #77505 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrich7 View Post

In all honesty, why do you really care what everyone on this thread thinks? If you are happy with them, keep them, if you don't think they are up to your standards, then return them. But you seem to come on here somewhat regularly with a post asking what everyone thinks, and basically asking them to make the choice for you.

It's your call, they are your shoes.

Just make a choice and stick with it.



Fair enough.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.