or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 5158  

post #77356 of 122416

#8 Monks today

 

post #77357 of 122416
Nice Don! You not concerned about the rain this afternoon or you going with overshoes? I had planned to go suede NST's but audibled to New Balance...
post #77358 of 122416
Kinda drab look today for a drab day. Rain in the NE today so I went with some CXL.

post #77359 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resistant View Post


#4 casual Pho lunch
Very nice. I would love to see more photos. Outdoor, direct sunlight, etc.
post #77360 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

Kinda drab look today for a drab day. Rain in the NE today so I went with some CXL.

  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

I have been growing more and more fond of the CXL.

My only hangup is when the surface gets damaged. Scuffs brush right out, but I have a scratch I cant seem to get rid of on my one pair.

I know it adds to the patina over time.

I don't wear any of my good boots as "work boots" per se. But the CXL doesn't heal as well as shell does.

post #77361 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkotsko View Post

I have been growing more and more fond of the CXL.
My only hangup is when the surface gets damaged. Scuffs brush right out, but I have a scratch I cant seem to get rid of on my one pair.
I know it adds to the patina over time.
I don't wear any of my good boots as "work boots" per se. But the CXL doesn't heal as well as shell does.
I have 2 pair of CXL. These and a loafer from Rancourt. I honestly don't even bother brushing scuffs and scrapes out. I only brush them to remove dust and dirt after I take them off.
post #77362 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironclad View Post


Beauties, Steve! Have a great Friday.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tampatravel View Post
 


There's something very special about a Plain Toe! Love them @totalair1

Thanks Guys!  Looking forward to my Cigar and Ravello LWB I ordered from Alden Madison that dues in a few months

 

See Ya,

Steve

post #77363 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

Nice Don! You not concerned about the rain this afternoon or you going with overshoes? I had planned to go suede NST's but audibled to New Balance...

Nah, they have been treated with defender -  shell is tough

post #77364 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironclad View Post

Hell has been described in myriad ways for dozens of centuries.

I'm going to redefine it as it relates to shell.



I keep wanting to break out my brand new 975s and keep having to wait! I totally hear ya on the Virginia weather this weekend. I'll be running a 10K in Richmond in the rain in the morning. Oh well....
post #77365 of 122416

I have been feeling the CXL these days as well....especially the LHS which is probably my favorite casual shoe....still trying to get comfortable with tassels though!

 

post #77366 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLVol View Post
 

I have been feeling the CXL these days as well....especially the LHS which is probably my favorite casual shoe....still trying to get comfortable with tassels though!

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

Don't even sweat it. They look great!

post #77367 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLVol View Post
 

I have been feeling the CXL these days as well....especially the LHS which is probably my favorite casual shoe....still trying to get comfortable with tassels though!

 

 

I'm not a tassel guy either so I'd be feeling self conscious in those too.

post #77368 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackboard_knowledge View Post

That was a lot of data, so I may have zoned out during part of it. But, let me try and help. Some people have found the Barrie boots are a little tight on the instep for their comparable size in the Trubalance last. Those people size a half size up (and some use a small insert if there is a little room). I would probably not recommend messing with the width.

However, these things are not cheap, so I am hesitant to recommend someone buy something that they cannot return if they do not fit. So, perhaps get properly fit first. There will always be more sales, auctions, etc.
How noticeable is the jump in a 10.5D to 11D Barrie last in terms of toe space? Do people find a perfect fit width wise while having a ton of extra space for their toes?
post #77369 of 122416

Apologies in advance for cross-posting . . . Would anyone who owns more than one of these care to compare and contrast?

 

(1) AE Leeds in brown and/or cappuccino and/or walnut shell

(2) Alden PTB, Barrie last, in cigar and/or ravello shell

(3) Carmina PTB, Detroit last, in cognac shell

post #77370 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfnhalfnhalf View Post
 

Apologies in advance for cross-posting . . . Would anyone who owns more than one of these care to compare and contrast?

 

(1) AE Leeds in brown and/or cappuccino and/or walnut shell

(2) Alden PTB, Barrie last, in cigar and/or ravello shell

(3) Carmina PTB, Detroit last, in cognac shell

 

Interested in hearing this as well since I just joined the group MTO Carmina PTB in cognac shell.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.