Did I miss something... What list?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 8:22 am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 4/17/16 at 2:48pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 5150post #77237 of 1224163/27/14 at 8:09ampost #77238 of 1224163/27/14 at 8:31amQuote:Originally Posted by blackboard_knowledge
I really like them with the darker edges! Did you say that you got these off of the seconds list, or am I thinking of someone else? I would love to know where you got them, as this is the type of shoe that I would end up wearing the lion's share of the work week.
I'm not convinced that it is everything, rather it is instead one of a few factors. Pattern of the shoe (chukka vs lhs, vs fullstrap for exaple), stride/gait (the particular way that a person walks), instep and toe height (how much vertical space is between the top of the foot and top of the inside of the shoe), the directional orientation of the fibers of a particular piece of shell (horizontal, vertical, diagonal, ect), and perhaps some others that I haven't considered.post #77239 of 1224163/27/14 at 8:32amQuote:
Speaking of archaism, finally got through after about 5 tries and 15 minutes on hold - ring ring ring...please hold while...ring ring ring - TSM using the same tech advisor as Aldenmadison? Though have to say, the lady who took my order, her voice, so calm in such madness, almost forgot my feeding frenzy for discounted Aldens. Think I'm in love. Now just hoping my wife will let me put them on so I'll at least be styling while she beats me to a bloody pulp.post #77240 of 1224163/27/14 at 8:55amQuote:Originally Posted by nemo
Speaking of archaism, finally got through after about 5 tries and 15 minutes on hold - ring ring ring...please hold while...ring ring ring - TSM using the same tech advisor as Aldenmadison? Though have to say, the lady who took my order, her voice, so calm in such madness, almost forgot my feeding frenzy for discounted Aldens. Think I'm in love. Now just hoping my wife will let me put them on so I'll at least be styling while she beats me to a bloody pulp.
Er, what was purchase?post #77241 of 1224163/27/14 at 8:59amQuote:Ooops. Wrong model number. I meant my Leffot version in #8. 97581Originally Posted by tampatravel
I believe they don't make these anymore but they are 36". They're flat and waxed (like I like my women) and I don't think they carry them anymore. The ones they carry are round now...the old ones looked like this:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
...and thanks @tifosi
for the kind words and your 9751s are awesome and something I should probably buy toopost #77242 of 1224163/27/14 at 9:03ampost #77243 of 1224163/27/14 at 9:18am
I tend to agree with you - a stiff catfish comes to mind - especially when they are new. But without any barries available...
But on the other hand, I get the sense that the shell indys when worn as beaters really exemplify how lovely a horse's ass can bepost #77244 of 1224163/27/14 at 9:30ampost #77245 of 1224163/27/14 at 9:33amQuote:Originally Posted by brp2
All: I'm again looking for advice on a question I've asked before, but haven't done anything about yet. I need a black dress shoe but I'm not sure what I want.
The most traditional shoe I'm considering is a black straight-tip balmoral like this: http://www.theshoemart.com/alden-mens_cap_toe_bal_oxford_shell_cordovan_black_shell/pvc-ald-mxs-9071_ald_m_cap_toe_bal_oxford_shell_cordovan.html. For some reason, however, I'd like this model much more if it had a heel cap / counter. Any ideas on where I could find something like that?
The other two I'm considering are a black monkstrap or a black saddle balmoral. I can't decide if the monk will be too quirky to work as a dress shoe, and TSM's photos don't make clear whether the all black shell saddle is monochrome enough to fit the bill.
So I may have answered my own question. While not the dressiest of options, there was a black shell PTB on TSM's 10e seconds list. So long as it's not too obviously a second, and the fit is good (I've hypothesized for a while now that 10e is my true Barrie size), I may be all set.post #77246 of 1224163/27/14 at 9:35amQuote:
This shouldn't even be a question... Schoolboy error!Quote:
I was a fan of a horses rear-end long before I found out that people had been making shoes from them.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #77247 of 1224163/27/14 at 9:55amQuote:
This shouldn't even be a question... Schoolboy error!
Agree 100%.......buy now and decide later if you want to keep them!post #77248 of 1224163/27/14 at 10:42ampost #77249 of 1224163/27/14 at 11:01ampost #77250 of 1224163/27/14 at 11:03amQuote:
I ALMOST pulled the trigger on these, but had that same thought!
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 31 seconds ago
- › What is wrong with Brioni? 2 minutes ago
- › Please help me with shoes! 3 minutes ago
- › Red Wing Iron Ranger Boots - what's the dilly yo? 6 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 8 minutes ago
- › NIKE Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Daily CE Musings of Piob 15 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 16 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments FW 16 16 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 18 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding