or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 5137  

post #77041 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by madeinitaly View Post


Thank you Alcibiades.
Do you Think it wouldn't be enough a 8EE?

An 8EE could fit in the toe box width and in the length. But you should consider the fit of the heel as well. The Aberdeen heel cup is relatively wide and shallow. Going to 8EE may make the heel fit a bit too wide for a full strap loafer.
post #77042 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDV View Post

^ beebs channeling sftg + uncle Mac.

I hope to wear tassel loafers one day. I'm not ready yet.

I've been trained by the finest.  Jokes aside, I was skeptical until I got a pair myself, in Color 8, and now I include them in my rotation alongside all my other favorites.  It's an acquired taste.

post #77043 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeebs View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDV View Post

^ beebs channeling sftg + uncle Mac.


I hope to wear tassel loafers one day. I'm not ready yet.
I've been trained by the finest.  Jokes aside, I was skeptical until I got a pair myself, in Color 8, and now I include them in my rotation alongside all my other favorites.  It's an acquired taste.

Tassels - while not for everyone - are a wonderful addition to a well-rounded shoe wardrobe. nod[1].gif
post #77044 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by sazon View Post

New arrival from Brooks. I don't own any loafers or tassels. Have a little trepidation about keeping these.
I wear suits 4 days a week so I could definitely get use out of these

I think you should keep them. fistbump.gif
post #77045 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguy View Post


I think you should keep them. fistbump.gif

Agreed.  Now remove the tassel condoms...

post #77046 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguy View Post

Tassels - while not for everyone - are a wonderful addition to a well-rounded shoe wardrobe. nod[1].gif

Before joining this community I had never heard anyone speak ill about tassels. I have worn them with suits and always considered them a staple for well-dressed men. It's strange to read some of the comments about them.

Monk straps are a different animal and while I like them, I didn't notice until reading an earlier post that other than Mac's ravello pair, I don't know that I've seen any others on this site. I'm not a fan on the double strap, but Alden's monk strap on Aberdeen (I believe) seems like a great looking shoe.
post #77047 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguy View Post

I think you should keep them. fistbump.gif

Thanks Seven
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeebs View Post

Agreed.  Now remove the tassel condoms...

Always practice safe-tassel wear my friend until you know she's a keeper.
post #77048 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

I think mdubs, too. He is enough competition alone.

Muhahaha!

All bought in 6 months.


The good news is, I have my Black Shells in production and am tapping out of LWB purchasing mode. Unless....

-Mike
post #77049 of 122416

#2

 

#4, #2, ruby

 

What?

that's silly, i'm not afraid to wear them...

post #77050 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post

Muhahaha!

All bought in 6 months.


The good news is, I have my Black Shells in production and am tapping out of LWB purchasing mode. Unless....

-Mike
Unless.... They make a green pair???
post #77051 of 122416
Pickups from today. Stopped by the shop. They are now on their way to my house.



Whiskey SW and old-stock Cigar Cap Toe Blutcher.

And from last week.

4060HC and 974

I was embarrassed to have to buy 7 sets of trees today. I am going to have to do a lot of picture taking when I get home.
post #77052 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDV View Post

#2



#4, #2, ruby



What?
that's silly, i'm not afraid to wear them...

Insanely nice DV!!!
post #77053 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by sazon View Post

Thanks Seven
Always practice safe-tassel wear my friend until you know she's a keeper.

Those are beautiful tassels sir. I think you should keep them, wear them and enjoy them. My Color 8 tassels were my first Alden's. My wife calls them mustache shoes.
post #77054 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post

Pickups from today. Stopped by the shop. They are now on their way to my house. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


Whiskey SW and old-stock Cigar Cap Toe Blutcher.

And from last week.

4060HC and 974

I was embarrassed to have to buy 7 sets of trees today. I am going to have to do a lot of picture taking when I get home.
I need those cigar captoe bluchers!!!!
post #77055 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

I need those cigar captoe bluchers!!!!

Yeah, they are a number of years old BNIB. Have the older Cigar color. I was a total sucker for them.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.