Yeah, the wink gave that away. :-)
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on 1/1/17 at 9:11am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 5116post #76727 of 1224163/21/14 at 8:28pmpost #76728 of 1224163/21/14 at 8:46pmpost #76729 of 1224163/21/14 at 8:52pm
Very cool! Your dad wears Alden's as well? My dad apparently used to wear Florshiem Imperials, but I don't think he ever got into their Shell models. My dad never made it into Alden's.
My dad has flat feet, how are Alden's for the flat footed? (I guess I got the arch from my mom.)
-Mpost #76730 of 1224163/21/14 at 8:59pmQuote:
Yeah, he does, and has for longer than I've been alive. His are primarily from BB, although he has some from Sherman Bros. He's not completely loyal, however, and wears shoes from other makers too.post #76731 of 1224163/21/14 at 9:14pmQuote:
I've got Adam's phone #. PM me if you would like to call him about the #2 LWB.
That too was a joke if you were about to reach out. (I have his number but will NOT distribute!)post #76732 of 1224163/21/14 at 9:18pmpost #76733 of 1224163/21/14 at 9:34pmQuote:Originally Posted by tifosi
@mdubs Thanks for the explanation although there was no reason for you to do that. Congrats again on the one of twenty beauties.
My sentiments exactly. Although the #2 is too red for my tastes, it is still amazing to see something like that which most thought Alden would never do again.Quote:Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster
There is something to be said about the neurotic Alden seeker. While there are many here who are fantastic consumers and bring a great deal of business to Alden of Carmel, DC, San Fran, Madison, TSM, Leffot, Epaulet, Unionmade, etc..., there are a bunch of pains in the rear out there (here). The purchases that had no real chance of finding a new home, but instead are sent back because of the slightest of so-called blemishes, poor fit, wrong "shade" of cigar or ravello, the slightest of creasing when pulled out of the box, etc... I have pretty high standards, but sometimes I wonder if there are those out there that have no intention of keeping internet/phone-ordered shoes, but simply want to take some pics and return.
I originally thought Adam (From AoC) was a total a-hole, but I now know why he has to be such a stickler.
Buckeye Nation, I am sure you are a great consumer and are a valued customer, but there are those that are a major pain in the rear. I believe that is what the original poster was referring to. Before y'all start replying that the above are reasonable excuses for returns, I will concede that they are, individually. But if there is a pattern (i.e. you have bought and returned more Aldens than you have kept in the last year), you are likely a pain in the arse to retailers. Alden QC is not that bad.
I'm probably a pain in the ass. I haven't returned more than I've kept but it's close. My main problem is if a shoe doesn't fit me perfectly it's going back. The one i really wanted to keep was the CXL chukkas. I loved the way they looked but they rubbed my pinky toes where I knew it would be painful if I wore them for a long day of walking. The other reason is that I've gotten to the point that if I don't love a shoe, it's going back. Most times it's hard to tell in pics if you're going to love a shoe. This was the case with the 975 for me recently. I got them but just didn't love them in person like everyone else does.post #76734 of 1224163/21/14 at 10:12pmQuote:Originally Posted by mdubs
My updated LWB collection (all in Shell Cordovan)... I have a Black Shell LWB in production right now.
From 12 O'Clock around (Clockwise): Alden Ravello LWB, Alden Cigar LWB, Rider Scotch Grain Shell LWB, Alden Color 8 LWB, Alden Color #2 LWB, Alden Whiskey LWB, Alden Ravello LWB.
.Wow gorgeous collection. Congratulations on the new acquisition.post #76735 of 1224163/21/14 at 11:15pmQuote:
Thank you. Did you manage to get the Alden for JCrew 975? The price that they could be purchased from JCrew was insane (I am worried that JCrew may become banned by Alden if they continue to do these sales. They frequently have cool spins on designs.)
The 975 is the classic, and arguably the best LWB, particularly from a usability perspective. I believe that the 974, 975, and 990 are considered to be Alden's foundational shoes, although they may not all be the most popular now.
-Mpost #76736 of 1224163/21/14 at 11:24pmGentlemen, the wait is over. O'Connell's finally hits 40% off tomorrow (sorry, not a Ralph Lauren 65% off sale). Someone please buy the Color 8 LHS in 10C and the Black Shell Chukka in 10D, so that I am not tempted. Only other shell remaining is the Tassel Loafer in Color 8... There is also quite a bit of calf and other materials remaining. The opera pump is pretty amazing. :-)
-Mpost #76737 of 1224163/22/14 at 3:35ampost #76738 of 1224163/22/14 at 3:43amQuote:
I might have to come out of buying hibernation for those.post #76739 of 1224163/22/14 at 4:03ampost #76740 of 1224163/22/14 at 5:25amQuote:Originally Posted by mdubs
Gentlemen, the wait is over. O'Connell's finally hits 40% off tomorrow (sorry, not a Ralph Lauren 65% off sale). Someone please buy the Color 8 LHS in 10C and the Black Shell Chukka in 10D, so that I am not tempted. Only other shell remaining is the Tassel Loafer in Color 8... There is also quite a bit of calf and other materials remaining. The opera pump is pretty amazing. :-)
I never got an answer regarding the welterweights in here. Oconnells has a few of them and I was wondering how come I never hear or see anything about them in this thread. Aren't they basically just the PTB with a microcell sole? Or are there some other differences that I'm not aware of which makes them not as popular?
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 1 minute ago
- › Brooks Brothers RETAIL 100% Cashmere Vest Blue Medium NWT 3 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 10 minutes ago
- › Official Wedding Attire Question/Answer/Picture Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 13 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 15 minutes ago
- › Yellow Hook Appreciation Thread 15 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...