the #2 LWB's with a natural welt look a lot like a Tricker's to me
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on 1/1/17 at 9:11am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 5112post #76667 of 1224163/21/14 at 11:57amQuote:Originally Posted by mdubs
Sir, you are correct and you have a great eye. They were intentionally left unfinished to give them a more casual style. I think a little Mac Methoding and possibly some Neutral Saphir Cordovan Cream could easily take care of that. They are definitely on the drier side for Alden shell.
I do agree that they are cool, but definitely not as utilitarian as the Cigar LWB.
That's actually pretty cool that they were intentionally left without the luster. Honestly, I rarely wear shell with denim because I don't like the look of shiny shoes with jeans for the most part. These I think would pair better with denim than a lot of other shell/jeans combos I've seen.post #76668 of 1224163/21/14 at 12:02pmpost #76669 of 1224163/21/14 at 12:07pmQuote:Originally Posted by mdubs
My updated LWB collection (all in Shell Cordovan)... I have a Black Shell LWB in production right now.
From 12 O'Clock around (Clockwise): Alden Ravello LWB, Alden Cigar LWB, Rider Scotch Grain Shell LWB, Alden Color 8 LWB, Alden Color #2 LWB, Alden Whiskey LWB, Alden Ravello LWB.
Freaking amazing! Wow. My favorites in order: (1) Alden Whiskey LWB, (2) Alden Ravello LWB (lighter color above the whiskey), and (3) Alden Cigar LWB.post #76670 of 1224163/21/14 at 12:08pmpost #76671 of 1224163/21/14 at 12:11pmQuote:
I'm kinda confused about that too. A retailer that doesn't want you to know that they have rare shell makeups? I hope that Alden hasn't become THAT "exclusive."
Beautiful shoes though!post #76672 of 1224163/21/14 at 12:16pmpost #76673 of 1224163/21/14 at 12:41pmQuote:
When specifically asked by retailers, I have refrained from posting news of shoes here in the past. Unfortunately, retailers may not have additional shoes to sell... Many retailers won't want to field 100 calls attempting to buy shoes that aren't available or to get on a list for future orders. Somewhat understandable (I have no clue about these #2s)post #76674 of 1224163/21/14 at 12:57pmpost #76675 of 1224163/21/14 at 1:03pmQuote:Originally Posted by Alcibiades
When specifically asked by retailers, I have refrained from posting news of shoes here in the past. Unfortunately, retailers may not have additional shoes to sell... Many retailers won't want to field 100 calls attempting to buy shoes that aren't available or to get on a list for future orders. Somewhat understandable (I have no clue about these #2s)
While I understand it can be frustrating to field a bunch of calls about the availability of shoes that are in limited supply, wouldn't you think retailers would rather attract future customers by drumming up attention? Not trying to rock the boat or anything -- just seems strange that a retailer would slap someone down for disclosing that rare shoes were purchased from them.post #76676 of 1224163/21/14 at 1:08pmpost #76677 of 1224163/21/14 at 1:12pmpost #76678 of 1224163/21/14 at 1:17pmI assume they allocate special shoes to people who are top customers. There are only a handful. Why get calls from everybody else about them? This is VIP rewards points type stuff. I'm more interested in the existence of the phenomenon than the shoes.post #76679 of 1224163/21/14 at 1:20pmQuote:
This seem like a very odd thing to state as fact...
Personally I have not purchased a single pair of Aldens having ever tried them on. Every single one was getting on a list or simply calling a store to inquire about what was in inventory or what was coming in.
We aren't talking about millions of resellers here - and I would consider myself a "long term buyer" to every store that I have ordered from.
J. Gilbert being an examplepost #76680 of 1224163/21/14 at 1:25pm
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 34 seconds ago
- › RM Williams Boots - Everything You Wanted to Know 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 3 minutes ago
- › How to make darts less noticeable? 3 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 4 minutes ago
- › Yellow Hook Appreciation Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...