or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 5100  

post #76486 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjonesd2 View Post

Anyone know which last the J.Crew Straight Tip Blucher in shell is made on?
Thanks

There was some discussion on this the other week. I want to say that the consensus said that they were on the Aberdeen last.
post #76487 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by TO Tie Guy View Post


If I don't get the ones from the Alden store when I buy the shoes, I go with one's from woodlore.com

 

Thanks TO, so you use XL trees in your 12Ds?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjonesd2 View Post


When you go to your shopping cart to checkout, put in the CARDLOVE code. You should get the message "This promo can only be used after a payment method of the correct type has been added to your order." After--and only after-- this, put in your zip code and it should update with the code applied. Then just check out.

 

Thanks tjones.. just picked me up a pair of 975s :nodding:

post #76488 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfnhalfnhalf View Post

The J. Crew website people must be as dumb as a bag of hammers.  (If you're one of these people, sorry.)

Ha. I only wish I had stumbled upon the Polo code for 65% off that some employee posted on Twitter the other day. Looks like a bunch of guys picked up the shell Marlows for $300.
post #76489 of 122416
I'm curious, does anyone abstain from using these codes for moral/ethical reasons? I live a pretty honest life yet have no qualms about using online discount codes that are obvious mistakes. I do feel a tiny bit uncomfortable as I'm going through the transaction, but I inevitably hit "Complete Order".
post #76490 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by REguy View Post

I'm curious, does anyone abstain from using these codes for moral/ethical reasons? I live a pretty honest life yet have no qualms about using online discount codes that are obvious mistakes. I do feel a tiny bit uncomfortable as I'm going through the transaction, but I inevitably hit "Complete Order".

I abstained from the RL deal when it said it was an employee discount. Had Marlow Wingtips, loafers, and tassels in my cart! Just felt wrong to me, plus I need more shoes like a hole in the head.

-Mike
post #76491 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmoney View Post

Thanks TO, so you use XL trees in your 12Ds?

Yes, I do. Woodlore has a pretty good size guide as well if you are unsure of sizing for a particular tree model.

http://www.woodlore.com/shoe-tree-sizing-charts/
post #76492 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post

I abstained from the RL deal when it said it was an employee discount. Had Marlow Wingtips, loafers, and tassels in my cart! Just felt wrong to me, plus I need more shoes like a hole in the head.

-Mike

You do already own the Marlow Wings right mdubs? Surely, you must?!
post #76493 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoit1981 View Post

You do already own the Marlow Wings right mdubs? Surely, you must?!

I do as a matter of fact. But at $297.50, why not have a second pair? I had the Gianni as well, but they hit my 3 months with no wear rule, so I sold them for the price I paid.

-Mike

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)




Edited by mdubs - 3/19/14 at 7:53pm
post #76494 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by REguy View Post

I'm curious, does anyone abstain from using these codes for moral/ethical reasons? I live a pretty honest life yet have no qualms about using online discount codes that are obvious mistakes. I do feel a tiny bit uncomfortable as I'm going through the transaction, but I inevitably hit "Complete Order".

Like reguy, I consider myself a very honest person. I'm a husband, father, and teacher. I'm accountable and my behavior matters. I try to do the right thing in everyday life.
That being said, I now regret not ordering more rl gear at the discounted rate. Half of me felt guilty while ordering, half felt like the orders wouldn't be honored anyway, and half felt like it was a sweepstakes shopping spree. (That's one too many halves)
I have rationalized my discounted rl purchases, but they're just nonsense excuses. I will enjoy every item from that order, I don't plan on selling or returning anything.

Mdubs makes me proud. I'd vote for him if he ran for office.
post #76495 of 122416

Does anyone have interest in colored laces appropriate for chukkas, shoes or boots? I've been thinking about picking up several colors from shoelacesexpress.com. However, I'm not thrilled about having to buy two pairs per color at about $6.49. My thought was it might be more worthwhile to find several folks looking for the same colors and then place a group order.

post #76496 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDV View Post

Like reguy, I consider myself a very honest person. I'm a husband, father, and teacher. I'm accountable and my behavior matters. I try to do the right thing in everyday life.
That being said, I now regret not ordering more rl gear at the discounted rate. Half of me felt guilty while ordering, half felt like the orders wouldn't be honored anyway, and half felt like it was a sweepstakes shopping spree. (That's one too many halves)
I have rationalized my discounted rl purchases, but they're just nonsense excuses. I will enjoy every item from that order, I don't plan on selling or returning anything.

Mdubs makes me proud. I'd vote for him if he ran for office.

Thanks, you embarrass me. I don't think it was unethical and wouldn't lose sleep. RL made a conscience decision to acknowledge the discount. It definitely won't take them out of business. Buying for the pure intent of making a profit, could be breaking the rules of the EPP (employee purchase program).
post #76497 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by macjedi View Post

I'm considering tassels or full-strap. I haven't tried an Aberdeen yet. Did you go tts on your calf tassels?

I went 1/2 size down from what I consider TTS and what my Aberdeen lace-ups are....they are a bit snug but I believe they are the correct size.....I previously ordered a pair of natural CXL tassels from BB and they felt too large from the get go
post #76498 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLVol View Post

I went 1/2 size down from what I consider TTS and what my Aberdeen lace-ups are....they are a bit snug but I believe they are the correct size.....I previously ordered a pair of natural CXL tassels from BB and they felt too large from the get go

Just to confuse things a little bit. I am a 10.5C TTS, go either 10.5B or 10D Barrie, and go 11B on the Aberdeen.

I have both the Full-Strap and Tassel in 11B and both fit like a dream. Actually might be my best fit. I tried on 8 different sizes at SF when I bought my tassels. 11B won. :-)
post #76499 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Nation View Post


Funny, my wife said something similar....

The first time I called around 10, there was no answer either - second call I got through

 

Apparently Kathy had me down for a 10.5E / 11D; the former wasn't ordered, and the latter didn't come in.  While I'm pretty sure I'm a 10.5D in the Tremont, that's water under the bridge now.

post #76500 of 122416


Love how my 403's are breaking in. Had to share
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.