or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 5097  

post #76441 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burzan View Post
 

 

You are making me feel real good about looking into an 8D size in the Grant for my 8.25 feet haha

I am an 8D Barrie. About a year ago when Alden DC did their last cigar captoe run I tried to fit into an 8D; it was way too tight. It was more of a width issue then length issue but it didn't work at all. I am going with an 8.5D this run but wish I could try an 8E for comparison

post #76442 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakes11771 View Post

 

:dozingoff:

(doubtfully rolling my eyes)

 

Normally I'd agree with you but I want my new house worse than I want shoes at the moment.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Nation View Post


That was a nice lunch break surprise, cross the 10.5D off that list...

Cheers,
BN

 

Pretty sure that 8.5D would fit me and i'd love something in Whiskey but they're will always be more down the road. :(

post #76443 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by SerialComma View Post

The snuff suede Dovers are on their way to me from Unionmade, and they should arrive today. Curious about where you suede Dover owners stand on treating vs. not treating. I've never treated a pair of suede shoes before (but I've never had Aldens), and I generally love the character they take on with time. And if any of you have pictures of yours, I'd love to see. Thanks!

I have the exact same shoes that have been sitting in my closet for about 4-5 months now waiting to be worn. I treat all my suede with some sort of waterproofer before wearing.

post #76444 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious49 View Post

I have the exact same shoes that have been sitting in my closet for about 4-5 months now waiting to be worn. I treat all my suede with some sort of waterproofer before wearing.
Thanks. Did you find that the color changed after treating?
post #76445 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post
 

I am an 8D Barrie. About a year ago when Alden DC did their last cigar captoe run I tried to fit into an 8D; it was way too tight. It was more of a width issue then length issue but it didn't work at all. I am going with an 8.5D this run but wish I could try an 8E for comparison

 

Yeah I see what you mean now about possibly considering a 7.5E if I am a 7.5D Barrie. I don't really need anymore length it would just be the width as the main concern as well.

 

Do they not do E widths in the run you got in on or did you just not want to risk another one fitting wrong? Obviously slightly big can be worked with.

post #76446 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Nation View Post

That was a nice lunch break surprise, cross the 10.5D off that list...

Cheers,
BN

Huh. I've got to give Kathy a call. My name was the only one on the list for the 10.5 d when I asked about the whiskey SW.
post #76447 of 122416

Hi Alden experts, I recently received a pair of white Bucks from Alden NYC and as you can see from the image, not all the suede is perfectly smooth. Is this to be expected? I'm happy to get these banged up a bit so not that worried but at the same time as these aren't cheap I want to make sure I'm getting the goods! Thanks in advance for your comments..

post #76448 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by brp2 View Post

Huh. I've got to give Kathy a call. My name was the only one on the list for the 10.5 d when I asked about the whiskey SW.

Not sure if by "available" she meant ones not accounted for - I asked about a few things, this was the only thing she had in 10.5D in anything unusual. We started here and ended back on these after a nice conversation.

I also hopped on the Cigar Cap toe list, but my spot is likely a year out...
post #76449 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Nation View Post

Not sure if by "available" she meant ones not accounted for - I asked about a few things, this was the only thing she had in 10.5D in anything unusual. We started here and ended back on these after a nice conversation.

I also hopped on the Cigar Cap toe list, but my spot is likely a year out...

Yeah, we'll see. Understandably I can't get anyone there on the phone now. Also, it's probably for the best if I don't spend my money on another set of shoes.
post #76450 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by brp2 View Post

Yeah, we'll see. Understandably I can't get anyone there on the phone now. Also, it's probably for the best if I don't spend my money on another set of shoes.

Funny, my wife said something similar....

The first time I called around 10, there was no answer either - second call I got through
post #76451 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burzan View Post
 

 

Yeah I see what you mean now about possibly considering a 7.5E if I am a 7.5D Barrie. I don't really need anymore length it would just be the width as the main concern as well.

 

Do they not do E widths in the run you got in on or did you just not want to risk another one fitting wrong? Obviously slightly big can be worked with.

Correct, that I didn't want to wait a year and have it not work. I figured it ifs a bit long then I can use an insole to take up a bit of slack. Grant is a tough last to get the correct size on and not tons of options for trying it on

post #76452 of 122416

I am considering another pair of tassels if the corprate discount works for Aldens during the upcoming Brooks Brothers sale.....should I size the shell and or suede the same as CXL version that I currently have? Thanks!

post #76453 of 122416

Hmm...no 8D on JCrew for the 975. Do I order a size 11 and see if they'll exchange it for an 8D later? :smarmy:

post #76454 of 122416
the deal is only 30% for card members right? Thanks.
post #76455 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by JezeC View Post

the deal is only 30% for card members right? Thanks.

Corporate Card members (you have the card to receive the corporate discount)

 

Instructions on how to sign up were posted last year, if you need to find them.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.