or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 5095  

post #76411 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post
 

typically Grant runs TTS. You would likely be an 8D on it but there is an outside chance that 7.5E would work better for you depending on the shape of your foot. I seem to be right between 8 and 8.5 and D and E so sizing is always a PITA for me...

 

Same here, brannock is around an 8.25 and my heel is narrow compared to my toe area, not to mention I kind of have a low vamp. I honestly don't know if any of my shoes fit 100% correctly or if I should be in different sizes.

 

AE 5 last - 8E is probably best (I do own McAllisters in 8.5D and they still ok)

AE 1 last 8E or 8.5D (My Leeds in 8.5D fit better than my Dundees, might need tongue pad as you suggested once they break in)

Alden Barrie - 7.5D (seems pretty good, could be slightly more snug in the heel. toe length and width are good)

Alden Van - Have a 7.5D LHS on the way (Optimistic as it should fit more snug than the Barrie, plus the LHS is lower vamp I have heard)

OSB beefroll - I own a 7.5D but it has a lot of width in the heel and a higher vamp, tongue pad pretty much solved that

RL Lindrick - 8D (this is likely .25 too big, plus has a lot of vamp room, an unlined tongue doesn't help. Small insole and tongue pad are in this one and it fits well now. A 7.5E could possibly be the right size)

 

 

I have learned a ton about my own feet in the past year getting into shoes and I think tongue pads are a savior in some shoes. I think my debate would be to sell the cordovan Bayfields as they are kind of a duplicate to the DC captoe or to sell the Lindrick as currently it is my worst fitting shoe. Maybe I will call DC today and see where I might fall on the wait list and decide from there.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Edit: Maybe sell the Bayfield for the Alden DC Cigar Captoe and sell the RL Lindrick and try and get a Plaza wingtip from J Gilbert. I think my Alden obsession is in full effect hahaha


Edited by Burzan - 3/19/14 at 6:24am
post #76412 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shouldaville View Post
 

Thanks. And yes Tommy, J Gilbert. I don't think it's mentioned often, but if you go to the bottom of the main J Gilbert page and sign up for its email, you get $50 off your first purchase (or pre-order). I think some just see the inventory on the AOC site and/or call Yenni directly and may miss it.

 

Yes, that $50 discount is easy to miss! I think it only applies to shoes/boots that are in stock? I have one of those vouchers but it needs to be used before early April. Your boots look great, might call Yenni and see if they have any in my size, then I'll most probably use that voucher.

post #76413 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyB View Post
 

 

Yes, that $50 discount is easy to miss! I think it only applies to shoes/boots that are in stock? I have one of those vouchers but it needs to be used before early April. Your boots look great, might call Yenni and see if they have any in my size, then I'll most probably use that voucher.

All of the last run was sold, but maybe check and see if someone backed out. She seemed very lenient on applying the $50 to a pre-order more than a month out.

post #76414 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burzan View Post

Same here, brannock is around an 8.25 and my heel is narrow compared to my toe area, not to mention I kind of have a low vamp. I honestly don't know if any of my shoes fit 100% correctly or if I should be in different sizes.

AE 5 last - 8E is probably best (I do own McAllisters in 8.5D and they still ok)
AE 1 last 8E or 8.5D (My Leeds in 8.5D fit better than my Dundees, might need tongue pad as you suggested once they break in)
Alden Barrie - 7.5D (seems pretty good, could be slightly more snug in the heel. toe length and width are good)
Alden Van - Have a 7.5D LHS on the way (Optimistic as it should fit more snug than the Barrie, plus the LHS is lower vamp I have heard)
OSB beefroll - I own a 7.5D but it has a lot of width in the heel and a higher vamp, tongue pad pretty much solved that
RL Lindrick - 8D (this is likely .25 too big, plus has a lot of vamp room, an unlined tongue doesn't help. Small insole and tongue pad are in this one and it fits well now. A 7.5E could possibly be the right size)


I have learned a ton about my own feet in the past year getting into shoes and I think tongue pads are a savior in some shoes. I think my debate would be to sell the cordovan Bayfields as they are kind of a duplicate to the DC captoe or to sell the Lindrick as currently it is my worst fitting shoe. Maybe I will call DC today and see where I might fall on the wait list and decide from there.

Yeah, chalk me up in the weird sizing department. According to a Brannock device, I'm a 9D but of course it's been a crapshoot over the last while. However, the more I think about it, the quirkier Alden lasts seem to be:


Alden Trubalance- 8.5D, but because the CXL stretched so much I should have went with 8D.

Alden Barrie- 8.5D, the forefoot is pretty spot on but the heel feels huge. If my longwings cupped my heel better they'd be my best fitting shoe

Alden Hampton- 9D, but it's too big on me in a balmoral. I should have actually went with my Barrie size. Again, this shoe would fit a bit better with a snugger heel.

AE 1, 5 Lasts- 8.5D

Rancourt Beefrolls/Blake boots- 9D, but again...in the beefrolls I should have went with 8.5D for CXL stretching.

Carmina Rain- 7.5UK (I think I need to size down for balmorals)

Viberg 2030- 8.5

Red Wing 210- 9D
post #76415 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by GooseG View Post

Yeah, chalk me up in the weird sizing department. According to a Brannock device, I'm a 9D but of course it's been a crapshoot over the last while. However, the more I think about it, the quirkier Alden lasts seem to be:


Alden Trubalance- 8.5D, but because the CXL stretched so much I should have went with 8D.

Alden Barrie- 8.5D, the forefoot is pretty spot on but the heel feels huge. If my longwings cupped my heel better they'd be my best fitting shoe

Alden Hampton- 9D, but it's too big on me in a balmoral. I should have actually went with my Barrie size. Again, this shoe would fit a bit better with a snugger heel.

AE 1, 5 Lasts- 8.5D

Rancourt Beefrolls/Blake boots- 9D, but again...in the beefrolls I should have went with 8.5D for CXL stretching.

Carmina Rain- 7.5UK (I think I need to size down for balmorals)

Viberg 2030- 8.5

Red Wing 210- 9D


We are very close in sizing:

I'm 9D on Brannock

Alden Barrie 8.5D - perfect

Alden Plaza - 9D (good for a few hours and after my my pinky starts to rub against the side

Alden TruBalance - 8.5D - perfect fit (CXL Indy)

Alden Tremont - 9D

Alden Grant - 9D - almost perfect but I figured out that 8.5D will be too tight

Carmina Rain 7.5UK

Carmina Inca - 8UK

Carmina Uetam - 7.5UK

Carmina Simpson - 8UK

Viberg 2040 - 8

Viberg 2030 - 8.5

Wolverine 1000 miles - 9D
post #76416 of 122416

sounds like you're a 8 and 8.5 but went with 8.5 and 9s

 

for goose

post #76417 of 122416

Headsup guys: New jcrew coupon working on some Alden's today

post #76418 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by circleslife View Post
 

Headsup guys: New jcrew coupon working on some Alden's today

 

Which ones?

post #76419 of 122416

Worked on 975 LWB for me.  I guess just try the ones you want and see what works

post #76420 of 122416

Q: is the Indy Shell Cordovan boot meant to be a little loose or should they fit like a dress shoe.

 

The reason I’m asking is because I bought a pair in my normal Alden size and they fit a little loose with dress socks but feels great in a pair of boot or tube socks.  Not accustom to work boots and how they should fit, just want to make sure I have the correct size.

post #76421 of 122416

Are you planning on wearing your Indy boot with dress socks? If so, then it looks like you have the wrong size.

post #76422 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel28 View Post


We are very close in sizing:

I'm 9D on Brannock

Alden Barrie 8.5D - perfect

Alden Plaza - 9D (good for a few hours and after my my pinky starts to rub against the side

Alden TruBalance - 8.5D - perfect fit (CXL Indy)

Alden Tremont - 9D

Alden Grant - 9D - almost perfect but I figured out that 8.5D will be too tight

Carmina Rain 7.5UK

Carmina Inca - 8UK

Carmina Uetam - 7.5UK

Carmina Simpson - 8UK

Viberg 2040 - 8

Viberg 2030 - 8.5

Wolverine 1000 miles - 9D

 

You are making me feel real good about looking into an 8D size in the Grant for my 8.25 feet haha

post #76423 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techdaddy View Post

Q: is the Indy Shell Cordovan boot meant to be a little loose or should they fit like a dress shoe.

The reason I’m asking is because I bought a pair in my normal Alden size and they fit a little loose with dress socks but feels great in a pair of boot or tube socks.  Not accustom to work boots and how they should fit, just want to make sure I have the correct size.
The Indy should not fit like a dress shoe with dress socks. (if you order the right size). If they feel great with thick socks then you got the correct size.
post #76424 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by circleslife View Post

Worked on 975 LWB for me.  I guess just try the ones you want and see what works

Worked on the 975 for me as well. $493 shipped including tax icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #76425 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mogili222 View Post
 

Can anybody here who own a pair of Alden Barrie lasted shoe and also the AE Leeds in Shell Cordovan comment on how the sizing is between these two lasts? I know this is not how I should size, however it will put me in the ballpark. 


Barrie last - 10D

AE Dalton Shell - 10E (I believe the Dalton/wingtip boot has the same last as the Leeds; sorry I couldn't give you the perfect match)... good luck!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.