or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 510  

post #7636 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by PorterInjax View Post
That would be me! Seriously, put them on one morning, went to JAX, long layover in ATL, then DTW with a missed connection, then on to LSE. Probably a 10 hour wear. They haven't been on feet since then.

Can anyone tell me how to post pics? I read one of the "how to's" yet still ended up with hyperlinks instead of the pics
Those are the same photos from this eBay listing that ended a week ago. What's the deal?
post #7637 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by cimabue View Post
Nothing at Sherman for cigaristas.

Chukka boot, Full Strap Penny and the LHS (Ravello 2) all come in Cigar @ Sherman.
post #7638 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterParker View Post
Those are the same photos from this eBay listing that ended a week ago. What's the deal?

This could be more interesting than Patriots-Lions!
post #7639 of 122416
^fishy.....
post #7640 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterParker View Post
Those are the same photos from this eBay listing that ended a week ago. What's the deal?
I listed them as selling to US only. A person from Denmark asked if I would ship overseas and I said no (plus they had zero feedback). You can pull up the listing and see the email exchange. They decided to still bid and win even though I said no. Anyway, they wouldn't pay the extra shipping and I wouldn't ship n
post #7641 of 122416
that sucks ... feel your pain

you could always offer to the next highest bidder. i assume you got your final value fee back
post #7642 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude View Post
that sucks ... feel your pain

you could always offer to the next highest bidder. i assume you got your final value fee back

I did get the final value fee from eBay but it took over an hour on the phone.
post #7643 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by PorterInjax View Post
I listed them as selling to US only. A person from Denmark asked if I would ship overseas and I said no (plus they had zero feedback). You can pull up the listing and see the email exchange. They decided to still bid and win even though I said no. Anyway, they wouldn't pay the extra shipping and I wouldn't ship n

I guess I'm watching football.
post #7644 of 122416
Fellas, how does the Modified last run compare to the TruBalance and Barrie? I know all 3 are suppose to be 1/2 bigger, but as far as nit picking goes...ie the TruBalance is a bit wider than Barrie. Thanks!
post #7645 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4 View Post
Fellas, how does the Modified last run compare to the TruBalance and Barrie? I know all 3 are suppose to be 1/2 bigger, but as far as nit picking goes...ie the TruBalance is a bit wider than Barrie.

Thanks!


courtesy of jason's blog "Barrie, Trubalance, and Modified"...... http://theagatineeyelet.wordpress.co...-and-modified/



post #7646 of 122416
Two new early Christmas gifts to myself. The Red Wing Beckman GT from J Crew. And Leathersoul Kudu Ultimate Indy. They both serve a different purpose and I couldn't be happier. I especially can't get over the unbelievable quality and craftsmanship of the Ultimate Kudu Indy. The leather is spectacular. They look so much better in person. I emailed Horween to ask about the Kudu leather and they said the Kudu is a version of their Chromexcel leather.
LL
post #7647 of 122416
^Nice!
post #7648 of 122416
So, who picked up the Cigar Plaza Wingtip boots on the 'bay? Those are gorgeous. And who's going to pick up the Cigar Barrie Wingtip boot?
post #7649 of 122416
Finally got a chance to wear a couple pairs. Wore the J. Crew Longwings yesterday to lunch for about 2 hours and got 3 compliments in that duration. Today, I'm rocking the 405 Indy's. The Indy's definitely feel a bit looser than the Longwings, but nothing to write home about. Both are size 8 (Barrie, TruBalance, respectively). How often do you guys clean your shoes? After each wear? Even if there is no stains/scratches/etc? I'm addicted to Alden now. I have 2 more pairs on my radar.
post #7650 of 122416
Got back from vacation and these were waiting for me, direct from Honolulu. Thanks Tom.

#4



In what passes for sunlight in Seattle in November.
Cigar, whiskey, Ravello, #4, #8.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.