or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 5089  

post #76321 of 122416

Guys, just received my Whiskey LHS from Alden SF.  

 

All I can say is wow.  As Ferris Bueller once said, "It's so choice.  If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up."  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GV2Y2kIUkIs

 

Truly splendid, and one of two models, where Color 8 is (temporarily) uncrowned as King (other being Cigar LWB).

 

I'll post pics once I wipe the drool off my loafers....

post #76322 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeebs View Post
 

Guys, just received my Whiskey LHS from Alden SF.  

 

All I can say is wow.  As Ferris Bueller once said, "It's so choice.  If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up."  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GV2Y2kIUkIs

 

Truly splendid, and one of two models, where Color 8 is (temporarily) uncrowned as King (other being Cigar LWB).

 

I'll post pics once I wipe the drool off my loafers....

 

I am really excited for my pair, I wish shipping to Canada was a bit quicker. I think mine will arrive next week.

post #76323 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

Wow. Sazon has some serious power over you! HAHA!

nod[1].gif

lol8[1].gif
post #76324 of 122416

Just unboxed! Whiskey LHS
post #76325 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeebs View Post


Just unboxed! Whiskey LHS

 

Those look amazing. Congratulations! How long ago did you place the order?

post #76326 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeebs View Post


Just unboxed! Whiskey LHS

 

These look awesome!  Congrats.  Still pissed I waited to long.

 

Does anyone know which Alden retailer may have some of these in the future in whiskey?  Or is there really no way of knowing who and when?

post #76327 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by partyof6 View Post
 

 

Those look amazing. Congratulations! How long ago did you place the order?

Thanks!  Just called and they shipped it out.  No order placed, just happened to call last week and they had my size (9.5D)

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Clemson View Post
 

 

These look awesome!  Congrats.  Still pissed I waited to long.

 

Does anyone know which Alden retailer may have some of these in the future in whiskey?  Or is there really no way of knowing who and when?

Usually Alden SF, DC, NY and TSM tend to stock rare shells most often.  Try calling every once in a while and you'll be surprised.

post #76328 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeebs View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Just unboxed! Whiskey LHS

Great loafers. I wish I didn't need a C width. I'm on Alden SF's list, so hopefully I'll own a pair eventually.
post #76329 of 122416
thought i would share this as there are questions about alden suede periodically. got caught in the rain the other day.

pic of the shoes when i first got home, rain drops are obvious:



pic from the next morning, you can see some spots still there after the water dried


and then after brushing with an allen edmonds suede cleaner thingy


as you can see it all turned out well in the end. you can see up by the speed hooks that there is some dye transfer from my jeans, assumed that isn't going away but haven't really tried to remove it. i did spray these with suede protector when i first got them.
post #76330 of 122416
How broken in were the jeans. Is it safe(er) to wear them with suede after they have been washed?
post #76331 of 122416
Some suede spray with help prevent denim transfer and water spotting
post #76332 of 122416
Indigo stains occurred for me even after a couple of washes (jeans are over a year old).
post #76333 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootSpell View Post

Indigo stains occurred for me even after a couple of washes (jeans are over a year old).

it adds to the character ;) 

 

Were they a denim like Momo known for crazy bleeding or something else?

post #76334 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

it adds to the character wink.gif  

Were they a denim like Momo known for crazy bleeding or something else?

Momo 702s
post #76335 of 122416

early morning whiskey

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.