or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 5088  

post #76306 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

Maybe I'll start with the 4060's and the CXL Dovers, but I'm not sure if selling the dovers will be [financially] worth it.

I've been eyeing the CXL Dovers for a while now.  I just love how they look and would be an awesome spring/summer shoe.  I feel like it might be overkill though since I already own the #8 Dovers.  They're just so damn comfortable.

post #76307 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by thams View Post

I've been eyeing the CXL Dovers for a while now.  I just love how they look and would be an awesome spring/summer shoe.  I feel like it might be overkill though since I already own the #8 Dovers.  They're just so damn comfortable.
I think paying full retail may be harder than pre-owned............hahaha
post #76308 of 122416
Our Cigar captoe boots on Grant are in production as per Kathy. Could be still a few more months until we get it.
post #76309 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post


I think paying full retail may be harder than pre-owned............hahaha

This, my friend, is very true. :nodding:

post #76310 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel28 View Post

Our Cigar captoe boots on Grant are in production as per Kathy. Could be still a few more months until we get it.

Great news - one of Alden's best available models. This boot is really the one that started my Alden kick.
post #76311 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by thams View Post
 

I've been eyeing the CXL Dovers for a while now.  I just love how they look and would be an awesome spring/summer shoe.  I feel like it might be overkill though since I already own the #8 Dovers.  They're just so damn comfortable.

My CXL Dovers are one of my favorite pairs of Aldens and get worn quite a bit when the weather warms up. But I don't also own a #8 version like you do so . . . 

post #76312 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel28 View Post

Our Cigar captoe boots on Grant are in production as per Kathy. Could be still a few more months until we get it.
I need stay off this forum. In one breath I am trying to reduce my collection....then in another I am cursing the people that got in on this run of cigar boots! Argh!
post #76313 of 122416

Wondering if someone can explain to me the neo-cork sole, and how it differs from a regular leather sole? I wouldn't mind a more technical answer, if at all possible.

post #76314 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post


I need stay off this forum. In one breath I am trying to reduce my collection....then in another I am cursing the people that got in on this run of cigar boots! Argh!

 

Wow, I am still new to Alden and after googling them I would have to agree that they are stunning. I would sell off my cordovan Bayfields in a heartbeat if I could get my hands on a pair of them.

 

The very first pic that came up had me sold

 

post #76315 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burzan View Post
 

 

Wow, I am still new to Alden and after googling them I would have to agree that they are stunning. I would sell off my cordovan Bayfields in a heartbeat if I could get my hands on a pair of them

I hear you.  I'm trying not to get too excited since I'm number 4 in line.  Even though they're supposed to get in 4 pairs in my size, the Alden factory could come up short.  I'll be excited once the boots are in my hands and they look good.

post #76316 of 122416

Whiskey LWB today

 

post #76317 of 122416
Quote:

Originally Posted by Burzan View Post

 

Wow, I am still new to Alden and after googling them I would have to agree that they are stunning. I would sell off my cordovan Bayfields in a heartbeat if I could get my hands on a pair of them.

 

If they're 9.5 Es, I call dibs.  :D

post #76318 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfnhalfnhalf View Post
 

 

If they're 9.5 Es, I call dibs.  :D

 

8.5D, but I think it would be a long while before I can get my hands on those Cigar captoes lol

post #76319 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel28 View Post

Our Cigar captoe boots on Grant are in production as per Kathy. Could be still a few more months until we get it.

Any way to get on the order for a pair of these?
post #76320 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTGuthrie View Post


Any way to get on the order for a pair of these?

 

Call Kathy at the DC store. She'll take your info down and will call you if there's a pair allocated for you.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.