or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 509  

post #7621 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salad View Post
Just a heads up. 15% off Alden (or any other brand. they sell AE, Redwing, etc.) at Sherman Bros. Code: Turkey.
If I didn't just shoot my entire holiday budget on some boots, I would have used this code to get some #8 longwings and maybe some shoe accessories.
They have both the 405 and the 403 Indy, Chukkas is various colors, #8 PTBs, etc.

Thanks! Just what I was looking for. I ordered a pair of #8 shortwings. I figure almost everything goes on sale sooner or later.
post #7622 of 122416
Nothing at Sherman for cigaristas.
post #7623 of 122416
just to make everyone's life more hell. I was at J crew the other day and tried on some of the Alden models they carry. I tried on the snuff suede boot with crepe sole and the captoe shell cordovan jumpers, both in the same size and width. Now they are both supposed to be on the Barrie Last correct? Well the snuff suede ones almost felt a 1/2 size larger in width and length, it was a significant difference IMO. I know that Tom already mentioned that some shoes in the same size and last can vary a bit in fit depending on the style, I just want to reiterate that this is indeed true.

Again I would say that the best places to buy Aldens are 1) places that you can try them on in person, 2) online sites with good return policies.

Hope this helps.
post #7624 of 122416
I think the snuff suede boot is on the Trubalance last.
post #7625 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by skolatchi View Post
I think the snuff suede boot is on the Trubalance last.

I can confirm this statement.
post #7626 of 122416
ahh I see. Still the suede ones were huge. oh well
post #7627 of 122416
Seems like a lot of people have been going down a full size with Roys since they went back to the Trubalance last.
post #7628 of 122416
Quote:
Nothing at Sherman for cigaristas.



There is a chukka but in limited sizes
http://www.shermanbrothers.com/produ...roductId=15322

And the LHS, also in limited sizes.
http://www.shermanbrothers.com/produ...roductId=14804
post #7629 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salad View Post
Just a heads up. 15% off Alden (or any other brand. they sell AE, Redwing, etc.) at Sherman Bros. Code: Turkey.
If I didn't just shoot my entire holiday budget on some boots, I would have used this code to get some #8 longwings and maybe some shoe accessories.
They have both the 405 and the 403 Indy, Chukkas is various colors, #8 PTBs, etc.

Another thanks! I got a pair and added them to the online retailers list:
http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...postcount=7465
post #7630 of 122416
In case anyone is interested, someone is selling some chukka ravellos size 9D, with supposedly only one wear for $560 in the FS section.
post #7631 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrich7 View Post
In case anyone is interested, someone is selling some chukka ravellos size 9D, with supposedly only one wear for $560 in the FS section.

That would be me! Seriously, put them on one morning, went to JAX, long layover in ATL, then DTW with a missed connection, then on to LSE. Probably a 10 hour wear. They haven't been on feet since then.

Can anyone tell me how to post pics? I read one of the "how to's" yet still ended up with hyperlinks instead of the pics
post #7632 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by PorterInjax View Post
That would be me! Seriously, put them on one morning, went to JAX, long layover in ATL, then DTW with a missed connection, then on to LSE. Probably a 10 hour wear. They haven't been on feet since then.

Can anyone tell me how to post pics? I read one of the "how to's" yet still ended up with hyperlinks instead of the pics

upload the pictures to imgur, copy the url for image links on forums (the one that has [IMG][/IMG] tags around it), and paste it into your thread.

pretty simple
post #7633 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by hastur View Post
upload the pictures to imgur, copy the url for image links on forums (the one that has [IMG][/IMG] tags around it), and paste it into your thread.

pretty simple

Thanks, you are right. Pretty simple except I messed up the img vs url bracketing. Fixed now.
post #7634 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick View Post
alden almost never go on sale, i have seen some stores do 10% off but again very very seldom. your best bet is to save the money and buy a pair you will not regret it. they are worth every penny imho. P.S check the sales forum alden do come up from time to time.

Many of my Aldens have come from buying them here in the sales forum, brand new. Many folks buy them remotely, only to get them and find out that the sizing isn't perfect.
post #7635 of 122416
How do you guys feel about the Norgewian front? More of a casual fit? I'm still on the hunt for a pair of black and dark brown dress shoes. Aside from the J Crew Longwings, all of my Aldens are boots. Suggestions are welcomed. Thanks, fellas. Happy Turkey Day to those in the U.S.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.