Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 9:35 am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 4/17/16 at 2:48pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 5070post #76036 of 1224163/13/14 at 10:45ampost #76037 of 1224163/13/14 at 10:47amQuote:Originally Posted by tylernim
2 weeks ago during the CARDSONLY promotion at JCrew I was one of the lucky people to grab the a pair of LWB at the 20% discount price. It was an impulse purchase because I thought the price was too good to pass up. I have been searching for boots...not shoes. Unfortunately as you all know the cap toe boots at JCrew never qualify for promotions.
I decided to return them. Today I contacted customer service through chat to see if my returned had been received...it got there yesterday. The service rep asked if I would like to try a different size and I simply said no thank you they were not the styling I was looking for in the end. She asked what exactly I was looking for. I told her that I have been interested in the cap toe boots for some time but wasn't interested in paying full price, and they did not qualify for the promotion that the LWBs did. She asked me to hold a minute and came back to let me know she could send me a pair of the cap toe boots at the 20% off price.
So now I have a pair of cap toe boots on there way to me for $570...
Someone talked numerous times about how it pays to be very polite to the JCrew stylists and service reps. I firmly believe I got this discount because I always do little things like ask how their day is going when they offer me their obligatory "This is (Name) I hope your day is going well how may I be of service".
The only problem is that I have Viberg service boots being delivered this afternoon. I may have to make a choice...
I agree with sazon. My vibergs came Tuesday and I lucked into the tankers, and still think they're pretty different. These are going to get less and less pampering:post #76038 of 1224163/13/14 at 10:55am
Thank you, b! Let's see the LS Indy on tobacco. I bet they're rugged.post #76039 of 1224163/13/14 at 11:10ampost #76040 of 1224163/13/14 at 11:15ampost #76041 of 1224163/13/14 at 11:22amQuote:Originally Posted by Burzan
Damnit guys i'm weak lol, I emailed Alden SF after seeing the Whiskey LSH posted yesterday and they have a pair in my size. It's not on my list of shoes I originally wanted but damn they are sweet.
I am trying to justify it because I got a $3k tax return but I also jumped on the Leffot Tanker preorder yesterday, I suppose I have time to put money aside for that one though.
Stay the course and get your must have besides nice to haves. Besides you live in Canada, you can wear Whiskey LHS for like three weeks out of the yearpost #76042 of 1224163/13/14 at 11:28amQuote:
I agree with Ryden, if it's something you not sure, forget about it.
I'm staying away as well from jumping on any new Alden purchases after yesterday's Tanker frenzy. Well except for two new Inis Meain linen MTO sweaters lolpost #76043 of 1224163/13/14 at 11:52amQuote:Quote:Originally Posted by Vicious49
I agree. I've sent a pair of Ravello back because the shoes just didn't do it for me. I might end up doing the same with my #8 LWBs since I already have a pair of Tobacco Chamois with a commando sole on preorder from Leffot. I think those would see more time on my feet due to the commando sole than the #8s would with their leather sole.Quote:Quote:Originally Posted by Vicious49
I agree. I've sent a pair of Ravello back because the shoes just didn't do it for me. I might end up doing the same with my #8 LWBs since I already have a pair of Tobacco Chamois with a commando sole on preorder from Leffot. I think those would see more time on my feet due to the commando sole than the #8s would with their leather sole.
What kind of enablers are you guys! jk, this is all pretty solid advice. Rydens point about the weather is the reason my collection is quite boot heavy haha, that and why I change into most shoes when I get to work.
Don't get me wrong I love loafers but really never looked at how nice the LHS was so they never made the immediate cut so to speak haha. I have a pair of brown CXL loafers from OSB and they are one of my fav shoes, this could possibly be a great contrast in the collection as far as color goes.
I have one other pair of Kenwood brown grain loafers from AE that would probably get the axe if I decided on the LHS. Tough call as I would only get like $100 for them and the LHS is $755 shipped to Canada (duties excluded) lolpost #76044 of 1224163/13/14 at 11:56ampost #76045 of 1224163/13/14 at 12:29pmpost #76046 of 1224163/13/14 at 1:07pmpost #76047 of 1224163/13/14 at 1:12pmDebating moving on a pair of Alden Cigar Shell LWBs (Bootmaker edition) - Barrie, 11.5 D. Last is just too blobby on my foot and not getting as much wear as I envisioned. Don't want to go all the way and create a classified b/c not even sure I want to part with them, but figured I'd put some feelers out there.post #76048 of 1224163/13/14 at 1:17pmpost #76049 of 1224163/13/14 at 1:19pmpost #76050 of 1224163/13/14 at 1:34pm
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 25 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › What music are you listening to lately? 7 minutes ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 7 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 9 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 9 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 10 minutes ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 10 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 12 minutes ago
- › Chester Mox Appreciation Thread -- Bespoke, Ready-Made, and MTO... 12 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding