Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Yesterday at 11:20 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/19/16 at 12:59pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: 2/8/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 5068post #76006 of 1224163/13/14 at 6:10am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #76007 of 1224163/13/14 at 6:11ampost #76008 of 1224163/13/14 at 6:14ampost #76009 of 1224163/13/14 at 6:30amQuote:
MickCollins Already posted pics of them either last week or the week before. I considered them, since I have a thing for suede tassels, but I could not justify the $535 price for suede. I paid $300 for my Mocha Kid Suede tassels, which I find more reasonable. I would rock them with charcoal slacks or khakis. I already have enough Tassels and loafers in general that It would be tough for me to wear them all enough, even without buying additional pairs. There is also a bunch of blue Tassels with contrast stitching for sale on ebay in a range of sizes, some of you have probably already noticed.post #76010 of 1224163/13/14 at 6:40amQuote:Originally Posted by GooseGQuote:
Several retailers have natural shortwing boots available. Epaulet, TSM, and I believe Alden SF.
There's also a fresh stock of these available (I know, not Alden...sorry):
I saw those carmina but I don't really like the wing design tho. Alden does it better IMHO.
Sent from my HTC Butterfly s using Tapatalkpost #76011 of 1224163/13/14 at 7:01amQuote:
Isn't there a chrmxl wingtip boot out there? Sounds like that's what you need...
[Edit: sorry for posting and not reading ahead.]
@Unipair - Nice make-up, but I doubt I would spend the dinero for it. If it were shell, I would give either one serious consideration.post #76012 of 1224163/13/14 at 7:04ampost #76013 of 1224163/13/14 at 7:12ampost #76014 of 1224163/13/14 at 7:15ampost #76015 of 1224163/13/14 at 7:34ampost #76016 of 1224163/13/14 at 7:59amQuote:Originally Posted by docalden2013
Apropos of the talk on beater boots, thought I'd share some images of my nicely aging tobacco chamois wt boots from Leffot.
I have the Indy from Leather Soul in that smooth Tobacco Chamois. (Not reverse)
It is pretty indestructible.
They look good, Doc.post #76017 of 1224163/13/14 at 8:03ampost #76018 of 1224163/13/14 at 8:08amQuote:
Did you check with SanFran?
http://www.aldenshop.com/Store/DrawProducts.aspx?CategoryID=177&ParentID=4&PageID=&Action=post #76019 of 1224163/13/14 at 8:15am
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 37 seconds ago
- › Articles of Style shop? 2 minutes ago
- › How do I obtain this fit? 2 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 3 minutes ago
- › Naked and famous denim 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 5 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 6 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?