or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 5019  

post #75271 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeebs View Post

apparently there was a dispute between Bryan and Tom and they parted ways.  what a shame, he's a great guy.

That is a real shame - I worked hard to establish a relationship with Bryan and he seemed to be the only one at LS willing to shoot me straight.
post #75272 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRK33 View Post


That is a real shame - I worked hard to establish a relationship with Bryan and he seemed to be the only one at LS willing to shoot me straight.

 

I feel that.  Bryan was very helpful both by phone and in person.  But to be fair, I no longer really bother trying to source Aldens through LS; they have a fanatical customer base that manages to snatch up everything in a jiffy. Good for those who deal with them regularly and successfully. 

post #75273 of 122416
With the seemingly endless shell love-fest of late, figured I'd toss in something else for variety - and as a suggestion in answer to a recent post asking for something a bit more dressy than the standard Indy. NST, barrie last, leather waterlock sole does make for a sleeker profile.

Unionmade CXL Tanker, about $600 including tax. Yes, insanity due to shell-thirst.


post #75274 of 122416

Anybody aware if the Alden for J. Crew straight tip blucher's are on the aberdeen last as the 2160's are? J crew has them about 43 dollars cheaper so if they are the same, I'd prefer to get a small discount (TSM recently increased Alden prices)

post #75275 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post

I thought they were much nicer looking than people were giving them credit for (you sport them well,  DV)...  but than again, I think MrDV could throw on a pair of square-toed Kenneth-Coles and look great!
 eek.gif  
Its mostly the grass in his yard.
post #75276 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

Its mostly the grass in his yard.

DV needs to start an "Official Lawn Appreciation" thread!  :slayer:

post #75277 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicotino15 View Post

Anybody aware if the Alden for J. Crew straight tip blucher's are on the aberdeen last as the 2160's are? J crew has them about 43 dollars cheaper so if they are the same, I'd prefer to get a small discount (TSM recently increased Alden prices)

It is really strange that they do not stipulate the last. As all other J. Crew x Alden shoes are on either the Barrie or Trubalance last, my gut tells me that they would be on the Barrie. However, I could be mistaken.
post #75278 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post


If you are looking for a pair of beaters to replace the Clarks DB, why not do it with the 403 (Indy).  There are some here that use the shell boot for rugged use, but probably not many.  To me, the Indy seems like the more likely candidate for such a function.

on second thoughts I think it's better to get the shell and keep the clarks for nasty use smile.gif
post #75279 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan138zig View Post

on second thoughts I think it's better to get the shell and keep the clarks for nasty use smile.gif

Agreed, but after you try the Indy for the first time, I think you will proceed differently. Get the shell for nice days and the Indies for inclement weather! :nodding:

post #75280 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackboard_knowledge View Post


It is really strange that they do not stipulate the last. As all other J. Crew x Alden shoes are on either the Barrie or Trubalance last, my gut tells me that they would be on the Barrie. However, I could be mistaken.

I just checked now, and that annoys me that all the others show the last, but the straight tip blucher's do not.  On the other hand, the Barrier lasted shoes all have a size down warning, so maybe these are on the aberdeen last.  However, I am hesitant because the wording is chopped off in the description, so maybe it's there but the website is screwed up and you just can't see it... It's like this for the shell longwings also 

post #75281 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemo View Post

With the seemingly endless shell love-fest of late, figured I'd toss in something else for variety - and as a suggestion in answer to a recent post asking for something a bit more dressy than the standard Indy. NST, barrie last, leather waterlock sole does make for a sleeker profile.

Unionmade CXL Tanker, about $600 including tax. Yes, insanity due to shell-thirst.
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)   Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Insane price or not, those boots are badass.

post #75282 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by TO Tie Guy View Post

PSA I know we have a fair amount of folks in a 10.5/11. Just noticed a New pair of Whiskey NST's on E-Bay BIN is $800, bidding starts at 600. (Not my auction!)

I own a pair and they are the cat's meow!

 

I'm wondering if this is another turn-around from TSM's blowout of larger sized pairs of rare shell (I'm also wondering if those are the same pair I debated about buying over that entire weekend).

post #75283 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicotino15 View Post
 

I just checked now, and that annoys me that all the others show the last, but the straight tip blucher's do not.  On the other hand, the Barrier lasted shoes all have a size down warning, so maybe these are on the aberdeen last.  However, I am hesitant because the wording is chopped off in the description, so maybe it's there but the website is screwed up and you just can't see it... It's like this for the shell longwings also 

I'm almost positive that these are the standard, aberdeen-lasted 2160... but I guess we can not really say with much certainty.

post #75284 of 122416


Alden X Leffot Natural Chromexcel Indy boot (commando soles) on their maiden voyage!
post #75285 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by altmana View Post



Alden X Leffot Natural Chromexcel Indy boot (commando soles) on their maiden voyage!

wear in good health.  be mindful of borderline crotch shot.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.