^^^ Oh he buys quite a bit!
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 10/25/15 at 6:54pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- One Shoe Wardrobe: Why Not? Last post on 4/4/14 at 1:25am in Classic Menswear
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 4991
Styleforum Top Picks
they arrived today, and on closer inspection (i tried them on at the shop, then had them sent to save on taxes) i noticed a small roll/bulb/on the toe, where the upper meets the welt.
it's really nothing, and i realize that these are handmade shoes, but they're not exactly cheap. am i being OCD and overreacting?
i also noticed some minor asymmetry with the broguing.
Edited by gastarbeider - 2/27/14 at 1:47pm
.I've recently made a foray into other brands and interests and, accordingly, have begun perusing other sf threads. While I've also appreciated the information and pictures I've encountered in those other threads, it's been my experience that there is much more flaming and trolling if not overt snippiness, passive aggression and hostility there. We here in the Alden department seem to be able to share our enthusiasm and even our conceptual disagreements without getting catty or losing civility (even when it comes to the calf vs. shell debate). Thank you for the camaraderie and for supporting my ongoing habit. Good day, good sirs!
I agree. That is the reason I hated SF for so long and might have come across a bit blunt myself initially - because I was expecting the snippiness that is prevalent in the majority of SF. If I did, I apologize since everyone here has been helpful and not holier than thou at all.
4060s 10.5E. Grant last is a tough one to fit. Originally bought the 11D from shoemart but realized after an hour on carpet that there was too much height in the toe box. Since I had to have the 4060 I bought the 10.5 D & E from Citishoes. Couldn't make the D work. The E is works great but I would say has a bit less sleekness than the D. I noticed yesterday that the tongue is unlined (both with horween stamp), where my brixtons have a lined tongue.
Once I sell the 11Ds from shoemart I'll know how much it costed me to get my Grant last sizing right!
You are joking, right? Do you really think that is something to have any concern over. First it is hardly noticeable and second, have you seen a boot tongue after being laced a few times. I am very particular and have been accused of being OCD more than once and can appreciate real issues, but some of the recent "is this OK" postings are bordering on the ridiculous.
+1 on this thread being particularly helpful and civil compared to many of the other SF threads. It is especially nice that when you ask a question on this thread, people actually answer it and give input, instead of telling you to try and piece together an answer from hundreds (in this case almost 5000) previous pages.
Thank you to the gentlemen here who actively participate in our collective bloodlust for Alden.
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 53 seconds ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 3 minutes ago
- › Styleforum Gives 2015 - Our annual holiday charity auctions for the... 3 minutes ago
- › Official: STAR WARS THREAD. These are the droids you're looking for. 3 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 6 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 6 minutes ago
- › ***Story Et Fall Thread*** 8 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 9 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Knitwear
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Denim and Trousers