^^^ Oh he buys quite a bit!
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 6:01 am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/19/16 at 12:59pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: 2/8/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 4991post #74851 of 1224162/27/14 at 1:10pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #74852 of 1224162/27/14 at 1:14pmpost #74853 of 1224162/27/14 at 1:37pmafter sitting on the fence for almost two years about buying a pair of shell LW, i finally picked up a pair.
they arrived today, and on closer inspection (i tried them on at the shop, then had them sent to save on taxes) i noticed a small roll/bulb/on the toe, where the upper meets the welt.
it's really nothing, and i realize that these are handmade shoes, but they're not exactly cheap. am i being OCD and overreacting?
i also noticed some minor asymmetry with the broguing.
Edited by gastarbeider - 2/27/14 at 1:47pmpost #74854 of 1224162/27/14 at 1:39pmpost #74855 of 1224162/27/14 at 1:44pmpost #74856 of 1224162/27/14 at 1:46pmpost #74857 of 1224162/27/14 at 2:03pmQuote:Originally Posted by docalden2013
.I've recently made a foray into other brands and interests and, accordingly, have begun perusing other sf threads. While I've also appreciated the information and pictures I've encountered in those other threads, it's been my experience that there is much more flaming and trolling if not overt snippiness, passive aggression and hostility there. We here in the Alden department seem to be able to share our enthusiasm and even our conceptual disagreements without getting catty or losing civility (even when it comes to the calf vs. shell debate). Thank you for the camaraderie and for supporting my ongoing habit. Good day, good sirs!
I agree. That is the reason I hated SF for so long and might have come across a bit blunt myself initially - because I was expecting the snippiness that is prevalent in the majority of SF. If I did, I apologize since everyone here has been helpful and not holier than thou at all.post #74858 of 1224162/27/14 at 2:04pmpost #74859 of 1224162/27/14 at 2:14pmpost #74860 of 1224162/27/14 at 2:20pmpost #74861 of 1224162/27/14 at 2:23pmpost #74862 of 1224162/27/14 at 2:31pmpost #74863 of 1224162/27/14 at 2:37pm
4060s 10.5E. Grant last is a tough one to fit. Originally bought the 11D from shoemart but realized after an hour on carpet that there was too much height in the toe box. Since I had to have the 4060 I bought the 10.5 D & E from Citishoes. Couldn't make the D work. The E is works great but I would say has a bit less sleekness than the D. I noticed yesterday that the tongue is unlined (both with horween stamp), where my brixtons have a lined tongue.
Once I sell the 11Ds from shoemart I'll know how much it costed me to get my Grant last sizing right!post #74864 of 1224162/27/14 at 2:44pmQuote:
You are joking, right? Do you really think that is something to have any concern over. First it is hardly noticeable and second, have you seen a boot tongue after being laced a few times. I am very particular and have been accused of being OCD more than once and can appreciate real issues, but some of the recent "is this OK" postings are bordering on the ridiculous.post #74865 of 1224162/27/14 at 2:48pm
+1 on this thread being particularly helpful and civil compared to many of the other SF threads. It is especially nice that when you ask a question on this thread, people actually answer it and give input, instead of telling you to try and piece together an answer from hundreds (in this case almost 5000) previous pages.
Thank you to the gentlemen here who actively participate in our collective bloodlust for Alden.
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 10 seconds ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 31 seconds ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 2 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 2 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 3 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 4 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 4 minutes ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 5 minutes ago
- › Fit check for first pair of loafers 5 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?