Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 10/25/15 at 6:54pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- One Shoe Wardrobe: Why Not? Last post on 4/4/14 at 1:25am in Classic Menswear
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 4985
Styleforum Top Picks
That's it! I'm getting me some LHS.
I'm on a few lists for Whiskey but the itch is too strong. I'm going to pick up the 986. I'm a regular 11.5/12d and read that the Van last is a bit big, do most people size down 1/2 size? If i'm a 12d in aberdeen/grant would a 12b/c work?
LoL, what tossed you over the fence?
I hate giving Van last advice, as it is a 3 dimensional problem, and the Van last is a lower vamp last and can be difficult for many to size. I personally go with my Barrie size on them (1/2 down).
I'm scared going down to the 11's I guess!
What set me over the edge? I have missed out on Whiskey LHS a couple of times over the years. Every time I see a Ravello or Whiskey LHS photo I drool like an imbecile. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I'm scared going down to the 11's I guess!
I completely understand.
Also, for me, I seem to take the same size in van and barrie (11 C). Note that I don't own the LHS and have only tried it on. But that's just because I'm waiting for it in whiskey like you (ravello would also be great).
Can anyone else say Whiskey Wednesday?
Whiskey LWB + Alden Whiskey Belt (no crotch shots for ya'll)!
Sorry, not as creative on the location as say Tampa Travel... Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Thank You Fellas! @mdubs those are ridiculous kicks! Wow.
I'll try to get a Tampa man hole cover next time....
I haven't been able to try on any LHS's in shell but like the comment above, think I may pull the trigger. A few questions that I would be grateful on getting replies: I'm a 9D Plaze, 9D Grant and about a 8.75 on Barrie. Can anyone give sizing rev's? Also, what retailers typically carry them? Would love to get a pair in Ravello but can see getting use out of cigar or #8 also. Is the Brooks Bros model also on the Van last? Thanks in advance
Sounds like you are in between an 8.5 and 9. The 986 (colour 8) are a standard Alden offering and can be found everywhere (shoemart).
I saw a picture of the LHS in colour 8 with an antique edge a while back, I would be all over those if I could find them.
I haven't seen a Ravello release of the LHS in a long time (to be honest I am not on a list for them, so they might have been confirmed at some point). Whiskey was available last year briefly from some retailers.
Almost glad that I don't have a card, otherwise my wallet will hate me. cannot believe size 10 is still available after so many hours.
10 sold out when I went to check out. I went ahead and bought the shell LWB in 10.5. I figure if they restock in the next 60 days I'll swap out for my normal size. If they don't, then I can just return them.
from previous experience, you should be able to extend that discounted price beyond the 60days if they dont restock by then. I got the wrong size in my first ever pair of aldens ordered (403s), and needed 3 months IIRC for them to restock in my correct size. they honored the discounted price that I received..
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
Styleforum Top Picks
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 53 seconds ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 2 minutes ago
- › E.G. Cappelli Store now LIVE! 7 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 10 minutes ago
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 16 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 16 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 16 minutes ago
- › MA-1 Jackets Thread 19 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 21 minutes ago
- › Site Topics - Part II 21 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories