Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 12:24 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 4/17/16 at 2:48pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 4959post #74372 of 1224162/23/14 at 5:05ampost #74373 of 1224162/23/14 at 5:10ampost #74374 of 1224162/23/14 at 5:38ampost #74375 of 1224162/23/14 at 5:43am
Has anyone recently changed blind eyelets to something like brass eyelets? If so, would you care to share pics?
Similarly, has anyone recently changed eyelets on boots to speed hooks? Would appreciate those pics as well.post #74376 of 1224162/23/14 at 6:24ampost #74377 of 1224162/23/14 at 6:36amQuote:Originally Posted by mdubs
Quote:Originally Posted by ironclad
Took this photo of my Aldens. Not the greatest indoor lighting, but gives a decent representation of the colors.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
You have the antithesis of my collection though, as I am essentially all shoes!
I couldn't agree more. The black shell wingtip boot seems to be calling my name, but not sure if color 8 would be more useful/versatile for me.
Any thoughts anyone??post #74378 of 1224162/23/14 at 7:06ampost #74379 of 1224162/23/14 at 8:35amBoot collection is almost complete. All in either 10E or 9.5E (it's not that difficult to get E widths if you have patience). Not sure if I can really sell any of these...
Top (L-R): Color 8 Captoe (Plaza, J Gilbert), Color 8 Tanker (Barrie, Leffot), Black Tanker (Barrie, Context), Tan Calfskin Wingtip (Barrie, J Gilbert)
Middle: Cigar Chukkas (Barrie, Alden NYC), Cigar Captoe (Grant, Alden DC), Black Captoe (Grant, Alden NYC), Color 8 Wingtip (Barrie, Alden of Carmel)
Front: Viberg Olive CXL Captoe Boots (2030, 3sixteen), Snuff Chukkas (Grant, Alden NYC)
May add a CXL boot eventually. If the Leather Soul Ultimate Indy is made again, I would like getting that. I've bought and sold many CXL boots, need to find one that I like.
Detail shot of my latest acquisitions. Middle pair are CXL LHS from Leather Soul.
Edited by Alcibiades - 2/23/14 at 10:29ampost #74380 of 1224162/23/14 at 8:41ampost #74381 of 1224162/23/14 at 8:47ampost #74382 of 1224162/23/14 at 8:51amQuote:
If you already have a lot of color 8 shoes, why not go for black this time. Alden NYC recently got some black wingtip boots in.post #74383 of 1224162/23/14 at 9:04amMay add a CXL boot eventually. If the Leather Soul Ultimate Indy is made again, I would like getting that. I've bought and sold many CXL boots, need to find one that I like.
I have the Ultimates and find them useful, but I don't crave wearing them like other boots in my lineup. What about Adam at AofC's brown cxl wingtip boot preorder? Or the perf captoe brown cxl boot at Madison? I'd also keep the Viberg cxl service boot in mind: comes in black, color 8 and dark brown. Heard on the Viberg thread that if they don't have your size, you can request that they make your size as long as it's one of the makeups on their site.
Nice recent acquisitions. Those cxl lhs should be super comfy once the snow fully melts.post #74384 of 1224162/23/14 at 9:06am
Thanks. I know this may amount to treason on this forum, but I'm not a huge fan of the long wings...Quote:
You can never have enough boots!
As for envy, it's guys like DV, Bakes, Alci, Sazon, and others that inspired my Alden boot love.Quote:
Mike, I definitely love the Color 8 Brixtons. I wear them quite often as I have a very casual work environment. Keep posting pics of your great shoes -- you seem to have an enviable stockpile of Ravello, Cigar, and other great shell.Quote:
Kwhitelaw, the black shell cap toe with all eyelets was the most recent addition to my collection. The fact that it had all eyelets was a big determining factor for me because I love my Cigar Indy and Brixtons with all eyelets.post #74385 of 1224162/23/14 at 9:11amQuote:
I love my black shell wingtip boot and I wear it regularly.
But I think Color 8 on black edge trim rather than antique edge may be even more versatile. But that's probably debatable.
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 57 seconds ago
- › The Contentedness thread 1 minute ago
- › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II 1 minute ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL Trump v. Clinton Debate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 7 minutes ago
- › Any One for a Scotch? 7 minutes ago
- › Red Wing Iron Ranger Boots - what's the dilly yo? 9 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...