Looks like they have the exact same one Harrisonlimited had. The edging on the sole and heel might be a different color but you can't tell from the pics provided on the pelle website.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on 1/1/17 at 9:11am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 4945post #74161 of 1224162/20/14 at 5:10pmpost #74162 of 1224162/20/14 at 5:11pmpost #74163 of 1224162/20/14 at 5:15pmQuote:Originally Posted by ironclad
Here are a few rough pics of my new 4065 boots. The cell phone doesn't do them justice.
I've always been jealous when somebody posts pics of the rare Horween logo stamped on the inside of a shoe or boot tongue. I finally got one, but it certainly wasn't what I was expecting. Has anybody ever seen one of these before? It actually looks like a square-footage marking for the total area of the shell. At least that's my guess. Thoughts?
nice looking boots. I would send them to b.nelson, im sure he could flip that tongue over and expose that awesomeness.
just kidding. no, not really.post #74164 of 1224162/20/14 at 5:15pmpost #74165 of 1224162/20/14 at 5:21pmpost #74166 of 1224162/20/14 at 5:23pmQuote:Originally Posted by kwhitelaw
all this curved toebox talk reminded me of my natty tankers I got awhile back (different retailer)
these only have one wear, so no significant input (IMO) from my feet themselves
obviously not as bad as the LWBs that are in discussion (and in my case, less obvious I think due to the tanker design)
maybe alden just has a thing for curved right shoes
Alden doesn't have a monopoly on curved right shoes. I found that one of my C&J boots has the exact same curve on the right boot. Didn't notice it at all till I saw them on my boot rack the other day. And the wear of the sole on that right boot does reflect the curvature although I never felt it when I was wearing them.post #74167 of 1224162/20/14 at 5:34pmQuote:Originally Posted by CJBianco
The left shoe on my first pair was dead even, so I'm comparing all of the other shoes to that one. Is that wrong? I'm starting to think that I may be too picky, and that all Alden longwings are uneven/uncentered. (My AE longwings are dead even.)
All opinions are welcome, and thank you again.
Have to disagree... I own seven pairs of Alden LWBs and none have this issue with alignment of the brogue pattern on the toe or any other part of the shoe. Also, the AE MacNeil isn't even in the same league as the Alden LWB. You happened to have gotten a poorly constructed right shoe to the first pair (it shouldn't happen, but it will on occasion). Your second pair looks perfectly fine to me based on the pictures provided.
I hope you are happy with the replacement pair and enjoy them often. All the best...post #74168 of 1224162/20/14 at 5:37pmpost #74169 of 1224162/20/14 at 5:39pmQuote:Quote:
Haha, awesome Doc!post #74170 of 1224162/20/14 at 5:41pmQuote:Quote:Originally Posted by PorterInjax
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
That would be a first! Weird marking, right?!post #74171 of 1224162/20/14 at 5:44pmpost #74172 of 1224162/20/14 at 6:07pm
Just picked my first Aldens with help from this thread, so I thought I'd post for the first time too. I also have a question.
These are the unlined PTB, flex sole in color 8. The Alden DC salesperson said that the shoes were first released for Leather Soul, but Alden did a special run for this shop afterward.
My question is around the crease. I've only worn them in the store and at home on carpet (about 2 hours total), and they developed a crease near the big toe of each foot. There is extra material because this was the best fit I could get. The 8.5D were tight, so I went with 8.5E. The width and length are perfect, but there is quite a bit of space between my toes and the top of the shoe. I believe that's what's causing the creasing.
Should I have gone with the 8.5D expecting it to stretch and not have to deal with the extra material? Is this quick creasing abnormal?
Thanks for your help and for all the great advice and pics in this thread.post #74173 of 1224162/20/14 at 6:09pmpost #74174 of 1224162/20/14 at 6:12pm^ Those look fine to me. It is normal for these to "crease" quickly as they are unlined. Sounds like you picked the right size if they fit right in the width and length. If the ball of your foot is where it's supposed to be then you sized correctly. Enjoy!post #74175 of 1224162/20/14 at 6:23pmQuote:
Agreed. If you look back at the picture I posted earlier today of my #8 unlined PTB you'll see that they're creased as all hell (including the tip of the shoe). Just the nature of unlined. They only get more comfortable as you wear them!
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › The Ultimate "HARDCORE" Shoe Porn Thread (Bespoke only) 18 seconds ago
- › Any One for a Scotch? 34 seconds ago
- › Eidos Napoli 1 minute ago
- › Michael Andrews Bespoke? Thoughts? 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 4 minutes ago
- › Sartoria Partenopea brown SC EU52 fits like EU50 6 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 7 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 12 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...