Looks like they have the exact same one Harrisonlimited had. The edging on the sole and heel might be a different color but you can't tell from the pics provided on the pelle website.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 8:24 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/19/16 at 12:59pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 4945
Styleforum Top Picks
Here are a few rough pics of my new 4065 boots. The cell phone doesn't do them justice.
I've always been jealous when somebody posts pics of the rare Horween logo stamped on the inside of a shoe or boot tongue. I finally got one, but it certainly wasn't what I was expecting. Has anybody ever seen one of these before? It actually looks like a square-footage marking for the total area of the shell. At least that's my guess. Thoughts?
nice looking boots. I would send them to b.nelson, im sure he could flip that tongue over and expose that awesomeness.
just kidding. no, not really.
all this curved toebox talk reminded me of my natty tankers I got awhile back (different retailer)
these only have one wear, so no significant input (IMO) from my feet themselves
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
obviously not as bad as the LWBs that are in discussion (and in my case, less obvious I think due to the tanker design)
maybe alden just has a thing for curved right shoes
Alden doesn't have a monopoly on curved right shoes. I found that one of my C&J boots has the exact same curve on the right boot. Didn't notice it at all till I saw them on my boot rack the other day. And the wear of the sole on that right boot does reflect the curvature although I never felt it when I was wearing them.
The left shoe on my first pair was dead even, so I'm comparing all of the other shoes to that one. Is that wrong? I'm starting to think that I may be too picky, and that all Alden longwings are uneven/uncentered. (My AE longwings are dead even.)
All opinions are welcome, and thank you again.
Have to disagree... I own seven pairs of Alden LWBs and none have this issue with alignment of the brogue pattern on the toe or any other part of the shoe. Also, the AE MacNeil isn't even in the same league as the Alden LWB. You happened to have gotten a poorly constructed right shoe to the first pair (it shouldn't happen, but it will on occasion). Your second pair looks perfectly fine to me based on the pictures provided.
I hope you are happy with the replacement pair and enjoy them often. All the best...
Haha, awesome Doc!
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
That would be a first! Weird marking, right?!
Just picked my first Aldens with help from this thread, so I thought I'd post for the first time too. I also have a question.
These are the unlined PTB, flex sole in color 8. The Alden DC salesperson said that the shoes were first released for Leather Soul, but Alden did a special run for this shop afterward.
My question is around the crease. I've only worn them in the store and at home on carpet (about 2 hours total), and they developed a crease near the big toe of each foot. There is extra material because this was the best fit I could get. The 8.5D were tight, so I went with 8.5E. The width and length are perfect, but there is quite a bit of space between my toes and the top of the shoe. I believe that's what's causing the creasing.
Should I have gone with the 8.5D expecting it to stretch and not have to deal with the extra material? Is this quick creasing abnormal?
Thanks for your help and for all the great advice and pics in this thread.
Agreed. If you look back at the picture I posted earlier today of my #8 unlined PTB you'll see that they're creased as all hell (including the tip of the shoe). Just the nature of unlined. They only get more comfortable as you wear them!
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
Styleforum Top Picks
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 1 minute ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 3 minutes ago
- › H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 12 minutes ago
- › RM Williams Boots - Everything You Wanted to Know 17 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 18 minutes ago
- › Cheap Pocket Squares 20 minutes ago
- › Yanko - Made In Spain Shoes 24 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 29 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 32 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...