Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on 1/1/17 at 9:11am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 4926post #73876 of 1224162/18/14 at 7:26ampost #73877 of 1224162/18/14 at 7:30amQuote:Originally Posted by blue collar
Quote:I LOVE how they are in front of (what looks like) the television. I'd likely be looking at the shoes more that whats on the tube.Originally Posted by kwhitelaw
it was totally impulse. I hadnt been in any non work related internet stuff for a couple days, and finally got a night to 'catch up' and saw that PSA. props to @Shouldaville
I definitely need a black single monk shoe like the least ever in the world, but I'll wear it just to get at least one use out of it. not a big black shoe fan (still haven't worn my jcrew cadets from the original discount they offered lol)
my buddy from out of town asked for a quick family pic today and laughed at how someone could need/acquire so much lol.. some will just never know hehehhe
(most of have seen)
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Lol... I didn't even notice the TV. Do you really store them like that?? Awesome...post #73878 of 1224162/18/14 at 8:09amQuote:Originally Posted by kwhitelaw
thank you gents, and as I've mentioned a couple times recently in this thread.. if folks are 11.5barrie/12TTS... I might be purging.. not at this point now, but life changes have put my mind in a place where I grab some 405 indys 6 days out of the week, the rest can gather dust for all I care. I have some immediate family health issues that I might be able to prepay off ravello alone for awhile, and am now weighing the options.
dont feel inappropriate to message me directly if you are 11.5 barrie/TRU/12TTS and I'll set your info aside. cannot guarantee I'll put anything for sell, but if I do, my SF family gets first dibs before ebay vultures. No disrespect intended if I do not respond immed, my mind is just in another place right now.
I'll be MIA from the thread for the bit while I work through some stuff, but will gather PMs and respond accordingly if I deem necessary.
take care you guys. everyone be safe please :) shoes mean little in the gran scheme of things, trust me.
I think it's fair to say you have the unwavering support of all of us at this forum towards the betterment of your family's health issues. Material goods are indeed meaningless.
Beebspost #73879 of 1224162/18/14 at 8:27amQuote:
Sorry to hear about your family, but glad to hear that you are prioritizing properly. Best of luck and hope to hear from you soon.
-Mikepost #73880 of 1224162/18/14 at 8:27amQuote:
Thanks! I do enjoy them very much. Definitely my favorite of my 3 black shell shoes.
-Mikepost #73881 of 1224162/18/14 at 8:28amQuote:
Amin, you have done yourself well with your collection to date. All are looking well.
-Mikepost #73882 of 1224162/18/14 at 8:29ampost #73883 of 1224162/18/14 at 8:39ampost #73884 of 1224162/18/14 at 8:49ampost #73885 of 1224162/18/14 at 9:01ampost #73886 of 1224162/18/14 at 9:08ampost #73887 of 1224162/18/14 at 9:17ampost #73888 of 1224162/18/14 at 9:28amQuote:
They DO take forever and they're about to raise their prices for a re-craft FYI. They do offer up the new box and shoe trees and shipping both ways. I'm waiting on a pair that arrived at their place on Jan 23rd.
One new thing is that they send out a nice fancy color postcard instead of the old school DOS printed card - my address was printed on that postcard and it looked more like a ransom note than an address.
I just noticed the 20th is this week - they've been in town for a month now.
I'm interested in seeing what my PTB Brooks Brothers in #8 look like. They needed a re-dye & resole for sure and will hopefully be back on my feet by the start of March Madness.post #73889 of 1224162/18/14 at 9:30ampost #73890 of 1224162/18/14 at 9:32am
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Khaki's of Carmel - Official Affiliate Thread - Carmel-by-the-Sea,... 53 seconds ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 1 minute ago
- › Viberg unglazed natural shell cordovan size 9 derby boot 2 minutes ago
- › Brilla per il Gusto Sport Coat 46 EU 36 US 3 minutes ago
- › Exquisite Trimmings - Based in London, UK - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › What color socks with taupe-ish slacks? 4 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 7 minutes ago
- › NWOT Ring Jacket Double Breasted Sport Coat 44 EU 34 US 8 minutes ago
- › Antonio Meccariello Shoes 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › The Current Popular Menswear Pieces
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway