or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 4919  

post #73771 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckOB View Post
 

Vicious

 

It did suck, I had some very comfortable J&M Signature's that I wore.  My tastes have now gotten more expensive. I started with A&E and couldnt really dial in the right size/last and now have a growing collection of Aldens and trying to justify Vibergs and Trickers:rotflmao:

 

If they grow again.....yikes

 

I've been justifying Tricker's quite a bit lately, way more than my meager finances will allow...

post #73772 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious49 View Post
 

 

What is the reason for that? I've been wondering that for a while since I've seen it on every site. Is it because our pricing is different than other countries so they'd rather have them buy from their own retailers there rather than save money by buying from the US?

I don't know the official answer to your question.  I suspect it does relate to pricing.  In addition some overseas retailers seem to have models we don't have in the USA, and some USA retailers have models not seen overseas.  From a 10,000 foot view....I see it as a way for Alden to control the retailers both in inside and outside the USA.  I'm sure there's more SF members that might share insight on this topic.

 

See Ya,

Steve

post #73773 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don L View Post

#8 Medallion Cap's today



Absolutely beautiful Don! No spoilers on purpose! If only I could get my hands on a pair of these! They are my ultimate Alden GRAIL.
post #73774 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subutai View Post

Absolutely beautiful Don! No spoilers on purpose! If only I could get my hands on a pair of these! They are my ultimate Alden GRAIL.
I thought these were pretty regularly available? No?
post #73775 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

I thought these were pretty regularly available? No?

Really?!? Where??
post #73776 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carson View Post
 

 

I've been justifying Tricker's quite a bit lately, way more than my meager finances will allow...

 

I've only tried 1 pair of Trickers so far but didn't find them all that appealing and I love British footwear. It could have been the particular shoe/last that I tried. I like Crockett & Jones but their lasts are too sleek for what I normally wear. If I wore a suit everyday though I'd be all over C&J. I loved my Alfred Sargents but Aldens Barrie and TruBalance lasts seem a much better fit for my feet so I'd rather have Aldens for my semi-casual needs. I have kept 4 pairs of dress shoes that aren't Alden - brown Churchs, black C&J, walnut/tan AS and a black captoe AS. Come to think of it, I can't remember seeing an Alden Balmoral, at least not posted in here anyways. Hmmm . . . 

post #73777 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious49 View Post
 

 

I didn't realize your feet can grow at that age. Once I passed my mid-twenties I assumed my feet were done growing. Maybe it has something to do with your arch as you suggested. That has to suck if you have to replace all the shoes you collected over the years.

I think feet growing is a combination of age plus weight.  My foot grew several sizes between the ages of 16-30.  They stayed the same size until I turned 40 and have been about the same size since then.  I don't think the foot grows much after your mid 20's, but I do think as you age the arch does collapse some.  I think if you look some weight your foot gets smaller, or the arch does not collapse as much much.  My weight fluctuated a lot over the last few years and as I lost weight my shoes were looser, and as I gained they were tighter.  Fortunately I'm staying on the lighter side these days.  I have a few pairs of my Alden's that are too big, but since they lace they are tight enough to wear.  They make good shoes to wear when Im on my feet for long periods of time.

 

See Ya,

Steve

post #73778 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious49 View Post

What is the reason for that? I've been wondering that for a while since I've seen it on every site. Is it because our pricing is different than other countries so they'd rather have them buy from their own retailers there rather than save money by buying from the US?

I imagine they have some sort of contract with foreign retailers that guarantees them exclusive rights in their perspective markets and will not allow U.S. retailers, who are not subject to any import tariff, to compete.
post #73779 of 122416

Any idea what the pre-orders from J Gilbert are for 2014? I emailed Yenni a few days ago, but no reply yet.

post #73780 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by totalair1 View Post
 

I think feet growing is a combination of age plus weight.  My foot grew several sizes between the ages of 16-30.  They stayed the same size until I turned 40 and have been about the same size since then.  I don't think the foot grows much after your mid 20's, but I do think as you age the arch does collapse some.  I think if you look some weight your foot gets smaller, or the arch does not collapse as much much.  My weight fluctuated a lot over the last few years and as I lost weight my shoes were looser, and as I gained they were tighter.  Fortunately I'm staying on the lighter side these days.  I have a few pairs of my Alden's that are too big, but since they lace they are tight enough to wear.  They make good shoes to wear when Im on my feet for long periods of time.

 

See Ya,

Steve

 

Interesting. I'm 37 at the moment and my weight has been pretty consistent over the last 7 years. Guess I better keep doing some cardio so I don't gain weight once I pass 40. I was expecting to gain some as I passed 30 but luckily that didn't happen.

post #73781 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subutai View Post

Really?!? Where??
Are they Style #2145? TheShoeMart says they can be shipped from the Alden warehouse. I thought JGilbert had them, too.
post #73782 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post


I thought these were pretty regularly available? No?

These are the Epaulet variant they call the Alt Wein.  Sold out but they are supposed to be a restock at some point.

post #73783 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don L View Post

These are the Epaulet variant they call the Alt Wein.  Sold out but they are supposed to be a restock at some point.
Oh, OK. What is the diff from the stock model? Last?
post #73784 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by sazon View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post

More ravello form me...  (NSTs but not the boots) Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

The color on these is so awesome. Great variation and just so perfect. You have a masterpiece on your feet !

Much thanks Saz!

post #73785 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious49 View Post
 

 

Interesting. I'm 37 at the moment and my weight has been pretty consistent over the last 7 years. Guess I better keep doing some cardio so I don't gain weight once I pass 40. I was expecting to gain some as I passed 30 but luckily that didn't happen.

Certainly not a hard and fast rule.  However...even if we stay the same weight I think some collapsing of the arch happens as we age.  It may not be enough to cause your shoe size to change, they will be a little tighter...specially when new.  As I grow older my feet seem to be a little more sensitive to tightness, specially on the Cubold which is the curved bone that sticks out on the side of your foot.

 

See Ya,

Steve

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.