or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 4909  

post #73621 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhitelaw View Post

a joking pic from another forum about the resiliency of cxl..

started as a scrap whilst holding the door for a pretty woman





which then escalated into an inscription 




which then expanded




and then finally, after less than a minute with a cheap horsehair





as much as I LOATHE CXL for its creasing, I cannot underappreciate the ability to work out scuffs etc since it is so oily..

This is awesome. CXL has always been on equal ground with shell, in my opinion. You cant ignore how easily it shrugs off scuffs and the elements!
post #73622 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue collar View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhitelaw View Post

as much as I LOATHE CXL for its creasing, I cannot underappreciate the ability to work out scuffs etc since it is so oily..

This is awesome. CXL has always been on equal ground with shell, in my opinion. You cant ignore how easily it shrugs off scuffs and the elements!

 

Speaking of CXL, I am currently crushing on this, from Frans Boone:

 

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 90

 

Does anyone know of any other PTB or similar offerings in navy CXL, preferably stateside?  $600+ is too much for me to justify.

post #73623 of 122416
^^Check Haberdash they have that makeup.
post #73624 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfnhalfnhalf View Post

Speaking of CXL, I am currently crushing on this, from Frans Boone:

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 90


Does anyone know of any other PTB or similar offerings in navy CXL, preferably stateside?  $600+ is too much for me to justify.

Good luck pursuing this. One caveat springs to mind: as an owner of the blue cxl Greenwich wingtip boot, I have experienced a decent amount of wrinkling. I haven't minded it on the vamp, as one is distracted from it by the wingtip and perforations. However, I could imagine that the cxl wrinkling oils be a bit more pronounced on the plain toe.

That said, do I recall correctly that Alden Madison had some blue cxl makeups? Maybe it was leffot with a blue cxl longwing...Sorry, got very little sleep on Valentines night wink.gif
post #73625 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post

Which two of these would you sell

Color 8 tanker (Barrie, commando)
Color 8 wingtip boot (Barrie, commando)
Color 8 captoe boot (plaza, commando)
Black captoe boot (Grant, leather)
Black tanker (Barrie, commando)
Cigar captoe boot (Grant, commando)
Cigar chukka (Barrie, leather )

Maybe the #8 wingtip boot and black tanker.
post #73626 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeebs View Post

Which two of these would you kick out of bed:

Jessica Alba
Kate Upton
Alessandra Ambrosio
Adrianne Palicki
Scarlett Johansson
Lily Aldridge
Adriana Lima

I can't answer yours either...

Not sure, but I do know Scarlett Johansson would be the last to go.
post #73627 of 122416
Quote:

Originally Posted by thebeebs View Post

 

Which two of these would you kick out of bed:

 

Jessica Alba

Kate Upton

Alessandra Ambrosio

Adrianne Palicki

Scarlett Johansson

Lily Aldridge

Adriana Lima

 

I can't answer yours either...

 

I'd kick them all out to make room for Jennifer Lawrence and her clone.  :blush:

post #73628 of 122416
I've seen blue cxl ptbs at the J.Crew Broadway and Soho stores.
post #73629 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeebs View Post

Which two of these would you kick out of bed:

Jessica Alba
Kate Upton
Alessandra Ambrosio
Adrianne Palicki
Scarlett Johansson
Lily Aldridge
Adriana Lima

I can't answer yours either...

Alden shoes are awesome but I'd much rather have this dilemma

Thanks for the responses guys... The question was brought up as I have the color 8 captoes coming next week and I figured I'd try to trim the cordovan boot collection. The issue is that I wear all of the boots described on a regular basis - each has a purpose. The two that overlap the most are the color 8 tankers / cigar captoes (brownish casual boots) and the color 8 wingtips / color 8 captoes (color 8 dress casuals on commando). Of those four the color 8 wingtips would seem the most expendable a but I wear those a ton. The color 8 tankers and cigar captoes are also both untouchable. I'll probably end up selling a couple of shoes instead.
post #73630 of 122416

^ in all seriousness, the only pair i'd ditch is the cigar chukka, though even that's a pretty sweet boot.

post #73631 of 122416
FYI, guys, didn't see this posted in the last 10 pages, but it's a deal site for what seems like Woodlore epic twin tube trees with pretty cheap shipping (non referral link):

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/curated-basics-cedar-shoetree
post #73632 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhitelaw View Post

a joking pic from another forum about the resiliency of cxl..
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
started as a scrap whilst holding the door for a pretty woman





which then escalated into an inscription 




which then expanded




and then finally, after less than a minute with a cheap horsehair





as much as I LOATHE CXL for its creasing, I cannot underappreciate the ability to work out scuffs etc since it is so oily..
It looks like these cxl Indy's have a double leather sole. Is it possible to have Alden boots with commandos changed to double leather?
post #73633 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by PartagasIV View Post

FYI, guys, didn't see this posted in the last 10 pages, but it's a deal site for what seems like Woodlore epic twin tube trees with pretty cheap shipping (non referral link):

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/curated-basics-cedar-shoetree

 

It's cheaper straight from the woodlore site if you purchase 2 or more once you factor in the shipping.

post #73634 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakes11771 View Post

Well then, Alden must be run by lunatics and will go out of business.  This practice is absurd, self-defeating and un-enforcable.



 



If the resellers were successful at reselling the shoes abroad, then the mark-ups were by definition not "significant".  If people paid the prices the that resellers were asking, they did so happily and not begrudgingly.



 



stirpot.gif



bakes, if the account of Alden's purported unannounced and informal efforts to stop unauthorized overseas selling are true - and that caveat really tells the story - what alden is doing is far different than rand - spouting yoga pants maker. That ought to be very clear.
post #73635 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious49 View Post

It's cheaper straight from the woodlore site if you purchase 2 or more once you factor in the shipping.

:dunno: 3 pairs from massdrop shipped to MA, $81.69 vs 3 from woodlore, $95.47
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.