or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 4906  

post #73576 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitchottie View Post

First off I'm not getting bitchy just stating a fact. I will return the boots that is the point. Also I can get bitchy with who ever I want to.

"whomever"  :stirpot: 

post #73577 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious49 View Post
 

I'll get them up next time I try them on. The wife's at home now so that's a no go until I decide I am actually keeping them.

 

And remember that me saying they feel sleeker is in comparison to when I saw the shell chukkas in person. Even then in store, I thought their brown leather ones looked sleeker than the #8 offering when I saw them side by side.

Do we have a closeted pic poster here? :nest:

 

I wonder how many pic-posters here have wives or sig-o's that know of their postings...

My family makes fun of me for it.

post #73578 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post

"whomever"  stirpot.gif  

That sir is very funny.
post #73579 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post

Do we have a closeted pic poster here? nest.gif

I wonder how many pic-posters here have wives or sig-o's that know of their postings...
My family makes fun of me for it.

I don't care about pics. She usually takes my WIWT pics for me. I do care about her knowing how many shoes come through here. I don't tell her about them until I decide to keep them. She doesn't see it as a zero sum gain if I buy a pair and return it. She just sees a package that came in and I get grief for it.
post #73580 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post

Do we have a closeted pic poster here? nest.gif

I wonder how many pic-posters here have wives or sig-o's that know of their postings...
My family makes fun of me for it.

My wife knows. She just rolls her eyes when she sees me taking pictures of my shoes/boots or clothes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 100 yrs View Post

snuff roy boot from context.


One of my favorite boots in recent memory. I was in on the last pre-order but ended up pulling out at the last minute. I'm in again for the current pre-order and will not make the same mistake twice.
post #73581 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious49 View Post

The kudu leather chukkas just got delivered. They're actually much nicer in person than I expected. I was expecting a much rougher type of leather. If Kudu really is pretty indestructible, I think I might be holding on to these. Just have to walk around the house in these for a bit to make sure they're not rubbing against anything.

 

These are on the Barrie last but don't look clunky at all. I think it might just be the shell offerings on the Barrie last that look a bit bulbous to me. I didn't like the #8 chukkas or the black shell PTBs when I saw them at Alden DC.


Kudu is very underrated. I have the kudu Indy boots on the Vibram lug sole and they are one of my favorite pairs of boot, very comfortable and soft, yet rugged as can be. Not to mention unique looking.
post #73582 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post
 

Do we have a closeted pic poster here? :nest:

 

I wonder how many pic-posters here have wives or sig-o's that know of their postings...

My family makes fun of me for it.

+1.  At dinner with other couples, my wife always cynically boasts, "you know, my husband is a Senior Member of the shoe forum."

post #73583 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitchottie View Post

First off I'm not getting bitchy just stating a fact. I will return the boots that is the point. Also I can get bitchy with who ever I want to.

As you wish.
post #73584 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan Planner View Post


My wife knows. She just rolls her eyes when she sees me taking pictures of my shoes/boots or clothes.
One of my favorite boots in recent memory. I was in on the last pre-order but ended up pulling out at the last minute. I'm in again for the current pre-order and will not make the same mistake twice.

The worst is when dear wife catches me in the middle of a shoe snapshot. Happened at a kiddie birthday party once. I was charged with watching 6-year-olds play beyblades, decided to take a shot of some wingtip boots that had just come in, lined up my iphone just as she walked by. Head shake + eye roll = burning sensation of shame in my ears.

 

That said, her friends respect my "aesthetic sensibility" and have asked me to take their hubbies shoe shopping :nodding:

post #73585 of 122416

Re the recent posts about suede boots: don't forget, J Gilbert has snuff suede wingtip boots on barrie arriving in March. Yenni will likely ask for payment in full at this time, as this happened to me 3 weeks ago...

 

Final PSA of the day, those of us waiting for cigar boots from DC, save your money. Kathy tells me the order should be here in about 12 weeks.

post #73586 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shouldaville View Post
 

Grant last is nice, but I could do without the brass hooks & eyelets on snuff (and yes, the cost). Also Plaza and Barrie wingtip options out there. I was going to sell one of mine, but decided against it...two months of snow must have made me crazy.

 


Those are lovely.  Leathersoul makes those?

post #73587 of 122416
i have nothing to add to the thread today, but gotta say it was entertaining.

100yrs - those snuff Roys are fresh!
post #73588 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by sazon View Post

i have nothing to add to the thread today, but gotta say it was entertaining.

100yrs - those snuff Roys are fresh!

+1

I'm with ya, Saz.

Stuck on the other side of the country without any Aldens to wear.

post #73589 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeebs View Post
 

+1.  At dinner with other couples, my wife always cynically boasts, "you know, my husband is a Senior Member of the shoe forum."

 

 

That's fantastic!! Gotta love her sense of humor. I'll always remember the look I got from my wife as I was walking out the door one day saying, "I'm heading out to meet some guy I met on the internet."

 

I think it was a local watch collector meet up.

post #73590 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shouldaville View Post
 

Grant last is nice, but I could do without the brass hooks & eyelets on snuff (and yes, the cost). Also Plaza and Barrie wingtip options out there. I was going to sell one of mine, but decided against it...two months of snow must have made me crazy.

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjmitch View Post
 


Those are lovely.  Leathersoul makes those?

 


I'm wondering the same thing myself. I had to re-read the posts above it to see if I missed the retailer. Snuff boot on commando is damn near perfect.

 

I wear my barrie snuff chukka on crepe year round and it's a great travel shoe. My leydon tan chukka on flexwelt was the go-to travel shoe for several years until I picked up the snuff/crepe version.

 

I posted these comparison images for reference:

 

 

 

 

 

The snuff are a much more substantial shoe with the lining, wider last and crepe sole. The leydon unlined chukka is slipper-like but the barrie/crepe version is more boot-like. There's a place for both.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.