or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 4889  

post #73321 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post
 

Love the purple with #8!! Grape Walts?

Thanks. Yes sir.  Grape Flannel Walt's

post #73322 of 122416
Don L - awesome combo. Those boots are so classic.
post #73323 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikW View Post
 

New purchase - Alden for JCrew Snuff Suede LWB. I think they're my most comfortable pair of shoes already.

 

 

 

Nice shoes.  What pants are those though?  Selvedge?

post #73324 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don L View Post

#8  WT Boots today
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Very nice Don L. Love the slacks. Which brand are they?
post #73325 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeSpiffington View Post


Very nice Don L. Love the slacks. Which brand are they?

Epaulet Walts (grape color which no longer exists I believe)

post #73326 of 122416
post #73327 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpina View Post

I'm on the Leffot preorder for the #8 Dovers, but I haven't seen anything other than retailer photos (google image search) of them, however.  It seems the standard PTB is way more popular, but they have never done it for me.  Have shell Dovers been done much in the past?  Anyone have pics? 

I believe many retailers regularly stock this model, also simply known as an unlined plain toe blutcher(a google search of this will probably show more pics).

In terms of comfort straight out of the box, these cannot be beat because they have the single flex leather sole. Mine haven't been worn much, but they also tend to "crease" or roll more than the standard PTB due to the unlined natural of the vamp.

To me, the Dover pattern also looks better than the standard PTB as it looks slightly more dressy. I think you will enjoy these.

A pic next to my #8 LWBs
post #73328 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shouldaville View Post

Hmm...now the Union Hill is back up at NS. Who's going to be the brave one to order first?

Good catch! I will be the guinea pig; DC is close to Richmond so I should be able to post a review in a few short days. For anyone interested in a pair, StyleForum members get 10% off with the code febstyle10.
post #73329 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusttruffle View Post

A question on the subject of (what I will call) "insole impression drop" - the significant room that is created within the first wears from you foot on the cork....

Is the drop / "room" created with the single flex sole the same volume as the double leather? I guess what I am asking (which perhaps no one will know is if the layer of liquid cork used is the same thickness on the double leather and the single leathe soles?

I ask because I just picked up a pair if jcrew single flex bluchers and the only Minor niggle is (if I was being rediculously fussy) is I would like to be able pull the lacing a little tighter. : /

I will definitely be keeping then so the answer to the question is that I will find out soon enough.
 
From what I understand, cork beds are 1/4" regardless of sole.
post #73330 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikW View Post
 

Question for you folks - for those of you who live in the US, where do you source your Saphir? It seems like most stores have insane $12 shipping charges.

 

maxtonmen

post #73331 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusttruffle View Post

A question on the subject of (what I will call) "insole impression drop" - the significant room that is created within the first wears from you foot on the cork....

Is the drop / "room" created with the single flex sole the same volume as the double leather? I guess what I am asking (which perhaps no one will know is if the layer of liquid cork used is the same thickness on the double leather and the single leathe soles?

I ask because I just picked up a pair if jcrew single flex bluchers and the only Minor niggle is (if I was being rediculously fussy) is I would like to be able pull the lacing a little tighter. : /

I will definitely be keeping then so the answer to the question is that I will find out soon enough.

 

There should be the same amount of cork present no matter what type of sole used.  The reason for this is because the depth of the void that the cork fills is dictated by the depth of the upstanding canvas gemming rib that serves as the foundation for the inseam.  Generally this is somewhere around 5mm deep.  The rib is the same, regardless of the sole.  There will be some variation between pairs, simply due to the fact that the cork is placed in the shoe and spread by hand.  However, it would take a substantial overfilling or underfilling to make any significant difference in the wear characteristics.  Just FYI, the cork isn't "liquid", it is simply granulated (ground-up) cork that's been mixed with a binder (glue) to make it somewhat spreadable. 

post #73332 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakes11771 View Post

From what I understand, cork beds are 1/4" regardless of sole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyWellSpent View Post

There should be the same amount of cork present no matter what type of sole used.  The reason for this is because the depth of the void that the cork fills is dictated by the depth of the upstanding canvas gemming rib that serves as the foundation for the inseam.  Generally this is somewhere around 5mm deep.  The rib is the same, regardless of the sole.  There will be some variation between pairs, simply due to the fact that the cork is placed in the shoe and spread by hand.  However, it would take a substantial overfilling or underfilling to make any significant difference in the wear characteristics.  Just FYI, the cork isn't "liquid", it is simply granulated (ground-up) cork that's been mixed with a binder (glue) to make it somewhat spreadable. 

Thanks to both of you for the response.

Much appreciated.
post #73333 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAUGRANA View Post
 

 

Nice shoes.  What pants are those though?  Selvedge?

Thank you! I'm wearing Momotaro BOM006T (http://www.blueowl.us/product/momotaro-x-blue-owl-stealth-warrior-tapered-147oz-raw-selvedge/).

post #73334 of 122416
black shell today gentlemen
Be careful out there.

post #73335 of 122416

True @sazon you can't be too careful!

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.