or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 4877  

post #73141 of 122416

PSA: someone is selling Ravello LWB on Crepe soles in the marketplace 8.5D. (not me)

Need some TLC, but they could be nice with some elbow grease.

post #73142 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhitelaw View Post

not sure if been posted, but frans has a 'new' snuff dover up. would grab if the cost weren't so prohibitive

http://www.fransboonestore.com/alden-x-frans-boone-dover-pattern-plain-toe-blucher-in-snuff-suede



These would be perfect - with blind eyelets. The brass eyelet craze has gone too far, especially for that retailer. And that makeup is awesome, particularly a structured toe, reverse welt and double sole. Oh well.
post #73143 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post


did anyone here pick up this oakstreet boot from context: http://www.contextclothing.com/item.php?id=4214&utm_source=Context+Interactive+Email&utm_campaign=703806caed-Context_08_25_13&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_12eba29232-703806caed-222267273

natural shell boot? wonder how it looks compared to whiskey

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevent View Post


crackup[1].gif too soon if you are asking the people who bought the boot

It was supposed to be delivered in December I believe, then they said Jan but nobody got it yet

Also not sure if this is new stock or just reposted for Leather Soul reopening tomorrow but tan suede and crepe:
 

 

this ^^   lol

 

lots of rustlage over in their thread about the missed delivery dates on those shoes.. the surprising thing (to me atleast), is the lack of response from OakStreet, who typically seem fairly vocal in the thread.. (they may have responded and I missed it tho, but I imagine I would have seen multiple quote rebuttals from members)

 

very impatient bunch over there.. seems from a manufacturers point of view, not giving an anticipated delivery date AT ALL is the best course of action. just my .02

post #73144 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhitelaw View Post
 

 

very impatient bunch over there.. seems from a manufacturers point of view, not giving an anticipated delivery date AT ALL is the best course of action. just my .02

 

I haven't checked that thread in a while, so I don't know how impatient they are really being, but if you pay 100% on a shoe (which is what I believe Context requires) and it is one month and then two months late, with no explanation, I'd be :brick:

post #73145 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by budapest12 View Post
 

 

I haven't checked that thread in a while, so I don't know how impatient they are really being, but if you pay 100% on a shoe (which is what I believe Context requires) and it is one month and then two months late, with no explanation, I'd be :brick:

 

I agree for the most part. I paid 50% upfront to Moulded over a yr ago and still have no update on a pair of ML kudus.. I guess it comes with the territory of 'MTO' shoes.

 

but, as I said, the lack of updates in the thread from OakStreet is surprising. especially as I could trade PMs with George months back quite easily about some custom options. was trying to get him to knock off a viberg inside out shell and he said he couldnt do it lol

post #73146 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhitelaw View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by budapest12 View Post
 

 

I haven't checked that thread in a while, so I don't know how impatient they are really being, but if you pay 100% on a shoe (which is what I believe Context requires) and it is one month and then two months late, with no explanation, I'd be :brick:

 

I agree for the most part. I paid 50% upfront to Moulded over a yr ago and still have no update on a pair of ML kudus.. I guess it comes with the territory of 'MTO' shoes.

 

but, as I said, the lack of updates in the thread from OakStreet is surprising. especially as I could trade PMs with George months back quite easily about some custom options. was trying to get him to knock off a viberg inside out shell and he said he couldnt do it lol

 

I was in on that ML kudu MTO with Moulded.  I got tired of waiting as that order never got confirmed by Alden (and I don't think it is yet either).  I checked with Rafael and he allowed me to switch my deposit to another order that was confirmed.  I expect delivery within the next month.

post #73147 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootSpell View Post
 

 

I was in on that ML kudu MTO with Moulded.  I got tired of waiting as that order never got confirmed by Alden (and I don't think it is yet either).  I checked with Rafael and he allowed me to switch my deposit to another order that was confirmed.  I expect delivery within the next month.

 I talked with Raphael maybe around November and he gave me the same option (to wait or switch). I decided to just wait, and will revisit it at some point down the road. Would love for them to pop in a ML shell option but we know the odds of that..

 

just curious.. what'd you switch to?

post #73148 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhitelaw View Post
 

 

I agree for the most part. I paid 50% upfront to Moulded over a yr ago and still have no update on a pair of ML kudus.. I guess it comes with the territory of 'MTO' shoes.

 

but, as I said, the lack of updates in the thread from OakStreet is surprising. especially as I could trade PMs with George months back quite easily about some custom options. was trying to get him to knock off a viberg inside out shell and he said he couldnt do it lol

I believe OSB will deliver them within the next two months. They're aiming for the end of February.

post #73149 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by smdbitchh View Post

took these with me on vacation and first time
wearing them out since buying last week. Walked a ton. Commando sole is very comfortable.


Mine is breaking now . Nice together
post #73150 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhitelaw View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootSpell View Post
 

 

I was in on that ML kudu MTO with Moulded.  I got tired of waiting as that order never got confirmed by Alden (and I don't think it is yet either).  I checked with Rafael and he allowed me to switch my deposit to another order that was confirmed.  I expect delivery within the next month.

 I talked with Raphael maybe around November and he gave me the same option (to wait or switch). I decided to just wait, and will revisit it at some point down the road. Would love for them to pop in a ML shell option but we know the odds of that..

 

just curious.. what'd you switch to?

 

I switched to a brown CXL WT boot  (41665) on the ML.  I actually have enough WT boots but I kind of liked how I imagine a WT ML boot would look.  I have quite a few Nat CXL boots but nothing in brown CXL yet, so that was another impetus.  CXL is a big favorite of mine, wrinkles and all.  Just love the patina it develops. 

 

Next time I'm in Paris or in Tokyo, I plan to see if my budget will allow me to splurge on a shell ML boot (if they have anything that is).

post #73151 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by anrobit View Post
 

I believe OSB will deliver them within the next two months. They're aiming for the end of February.

 

respectable, especially considering the rumors of their outsourcing that I *believe* you uncovered over on reddit.

 

not to take things too far offtopic in this thread, but were you one of the guys possibly going to NEOC?

post #73152 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhitelaw View Post
 

 

respectable, especially considering the rumors of their outsourcing that I *believe* you uncovered over on reddit.

 

not to take things too far offtopic in this thread, but were you one of the guys possibly going to NEOC?

I'll send you a PM. No need to get the Alden thread off track too.

post #73153 of 122416

agreed. plenty of OSB discussion already in their thread

post #73154 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootSpell View Post

I switched to a brown CXL WT boot  (41665) on the ML.  I actually have enough WT boots but I kind of liked how I imagine a WT ML boot would look.  I have quite a few Nat CXL boots but nothing in brown CXL yet, so that was another impetus.  CXL is a big favorite of mine, wrinkles and all.  Just love the patina it develops. 

Next time I'm in Paris or in Tokyo, I plan to see if my budget will allow me to splurge on a shell ML boot (if they have anything that is).

Any good sources of Alden shell in Paris? Headed there in a month so I want to poke around. I know about Anatomica, but are there others? Fingers crossed I'll hit up some cigar boots on the modified last...
post #73155 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post
 

agreed. plenty of OSB discussion already in their thread

 

apologies, didnt intend to derail too much. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.