Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 12:32 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/19/16 at 12:59pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: 2/8/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 4838post #72556 of 1224162/3/14 at 6:15am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #72557 of 1224162/3/14 at 7:10ampost #72558 of 1224162/3/14 at 8:36ampost #72559 of 1224162/3/14 at 8:41amQuote:
As far as I can tell, no. I own both, but haven't used the balm yet. Viberg ships it with all of their boots.post #72560 of 1224162/3/14 at 9:06ampost #72561 of 1224162/3/14 at 9:11ampost #72562 of 1224162/3/14 at 9:25ampost #72563 of 1224162/3/14 at 9:45ampost #72564 of 1224162/3/14 at 9:50amQuote:
I wouldn't put more products on shell than necessary. Venetian shoe cream and the (very) occasional waxing should be sufficient. Are you planning on taking these out in the rain a lot?post #72565 of 1224162/3/14 at 10:09ampost #72566 of 1224162/3/14 at 10:13amWe should be updating the shoe care consensus / conventional wisdom for Alden Leather Defender, which is an awesome product and probably should be applied regularly to cordovan boots and shoes that get exposed to rain. I have applied it regularly this winter to several boots (color 8 wingtips, black tankers, etc), and I have worn these boots out in the rain, ice and snow. I haven't noticed any water spotting, and the shine continues to look great.post #72567 of 1224162/3/14 at 10:15amQuote:Originally Posted by Don L
Black Calf NST's today
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #72568 of 1224162/3/14 at 10:18amhttp://www.ebay.com/itm/181311549393?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
Do anyone happen to have a pair of these, and can comment on fit. Should these fit the same as Chukka on the same last. I originally thought I was a 11.5d as I have many pairs in that size. By chance I ordered the 11 chukka, from Jcrew and they fit awesome, with thin sock. Now it has me wondering if I should be an 11. . I thought the price was pretty good on these too. Do you think a plain chukka, and these PTB are too similar to have both?post #72569 of 1224162/3/14 at 10:18am
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
Styleforum Top Picks
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
Currently, there are 1714 Active Users (421 Members and 1293 Guests)
- › Andres Sendra apprecitation thread 43 seconds ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 44 seconds ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 1 minute ago
- › things that are making you happy 1 minute ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 3 minutes ago
- › Loafers with a suit? 4 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 4 minutes ago
- › WTB: Shell Cordovan Boots - 10 / 10E / 10.5D - Crockett & Jones (RL... 4 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 5 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...