or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 4827  

post #72391 of 122416

One sale 10.5 CXL saddle in stock at Need Supply. Keep an eye on it if sale items go additional 50% off. 

post #72392 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeSpiffington View Post

Gorgeous #8 LWB's! Please tell us how you did it.

Before pic's would be great as well.
post #72393 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeSpiffington View Post


Gorgeous #8 LWB's! Please tell us how you did it.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burzan View Post
 

 

Looks great, I love the look of the lighter edge with No 8. All the Leffot make ups are on my future want list, starting with that new Dover that they have for preorder right now. 

 

Care to share what the process was like to do it?

 

I sanded it with 150 grit sandpaper. After i get all the black paint off, i sand it again with 220 grit sandpaper to smooth the surface. Then apply brown and cordovan color cream on the sole a couple times. After that i use Allen Edmonds natural edge dressing on the sole. REAL CAREFUL when you sand it. I managed to get a few minor scuffs on the process. Overall, I am very happy with the result.

post #72394 of 122416
So happy to get AF 53 from irregular stock last month [IMG]
post #72395 of 122416
To chukka fans - is there too much overlap between the color 8 and cigar chukkas? I have one cordovan boot slot left and thinking about filling it with a chukka
post #72396 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post

1) J Gilbert has some solid restocks arriving within the next month or so, including the plaza color 8 captoe boots, plaza snuff suede wingtip blucher and the tan wingtip barrie boot.

2) Alden needs to stop shafting these smaller retailers with shipments of defective shoes. I feel like sometimes they may be taking advantage of these retailers.
+1
post #72397 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post

Leffot color 8 / alpine grain saddles




Ohhhh man the more I see these, the more I want them. How is that flex sole? I really like the idea of a single sole on those saddles. They look so sharp @Alcibiades
post #72398 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackboard_knowledge View Post

As one more update on the Need Supply x Alden Union Hill Indy, it looks as though there is a chance that they may not make it to production at all. Per Need Supply, "Unfortunately we are not sure if we will ever be releasing this boot. Alden shipped them to us with major defects and all of the product was sent back."

So, yes, it is a bummer, as it looked to be a great boot. With that said, Need Supply wins my Shop of the Year award for making Alden culpable for its lapse in quality, even if it would have been a good selling boot. I don't want to be a Moses leading a campaign against Alden, but there does need to be this sort of push back (from both shops and customers) for Alden to acknowledge that they have had a quality problem lately, and that they need to take real steps to correct it.

TL;DR: Need Supply is awesome, and TSM may have a boat load of tan Indys hitting their 2nds list the next time around.

I wonder what the hell Alden did to made all of these boots defective?! Sounds pretty crazy.
post #72399 of 122416
Cigar PTB's

Might be looking to move these. I've fallen out of a love a bit.



post #72400 of 122416
It's an oiled heavy single flex sole. The same sole they put on suede longwings. It's not the lightweight super flexible sole you find on suede and unlined cordovan dovers, or suede chukkas.
post #72401 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackboard_knowledge View Post


As one more update on the Need Supply x Alden Union Hill Indy, it looks as though there is a chance that they may not make it to production at all. Per Need Supply, "Unfortunately we are not sure if we will ever be releasing this boot. Alden shipped them to us with major defects and all of the product was sent back."

So, yes, it is a bummer, as it looked to be a great boot. With that said, Need Supply wins my Shop of the Year award for making Alden culpable for its lapse in quality, even if it would have been a good selling boot. I don't want to be a Moses leading a campaign against Alden, but there does need to be this sort of push back (from both shops and customers) for Alden to acknowledge that they have had a quality problem lately, and that they need to take real steps to correct it.

TL;DR: Need Supply is awesome, and TSM may have a boat load of tan Indys hitting their 2nds list the next time around.

That's absolutely disgusting. I'd love to know what the major defects were, and why they occurred. If I were an Alden stockist, I'd probably start looking to other brands now. 

post #72402 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post

It's an oiled heavy single flex sole. The same sole they put on suede longwings. It's not the lightweight super flexible sole you find on suede and unlined cordovan dovers, or suede chukkas.

Good to know. I have the LHS in Suede with the super flexible sole. That would admittedly be odd on a saddle oxford now that you mention it. I really think I should pick up those saddles dang it...ughh...they're so expensive dang it
post #72403 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by chihoperry View Post

So happy to get AF 53 from irregular stock last month [IMG]
Great boot. Mine just arrived on Wednesday and I'm breaking them in right now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post

To chukka fans - is there too much overlap between the color 8 and cigar chukkas? I have one cordovan boot slot left and thinking about filling it with a chukka
I think it probably depends on the shade of cigar ("new" vs. "old") and shade/patina of your #8 chukkas. Also, edge trim/color and leather vs. commando (if you have that option) could provide enough visual difference. Go for it!
post #72404 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkiu View Post

Breaking out a new pair of Aldens for the Chinese New Year
Whiskey PTB from DC



Quote:
Originally Posted by sazon View Post

Happy Chinese New Year !

Whiskey Friday.

Well played. Whether or not whiskey is as versatile as other shades, I'm a huge fan of the whiskey ptb. Can't wait to get a pair. Okay, actually I can and will wait...I have no other choice!
baldy[1].gif
post #72405 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironclad View Post


Well played. Whether or not whiskey is as versatile as other shades, I'm a huge fan of the whiskey ptb. Can't wait to get a pair. Okay, actually I can and will wait...I have no other choice!
baldy[1].gif

Same here! The PTB is the one whiskey shoe I reall want. Let's see how long it takes Alden DC to get their next run put into production.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.