Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 4802  

post #72016 of 122416

Absolutely beautiful. I find that the Grant cap toe boots in #8 get the most compliments from those that do not know of (and most likely do not care about) rare cordovan. Great boot for dressing up and down.

Enjoy them!
post #72017 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by lagsun View Post

I picked these up too during the holidays when I saw the Need Supply deal as posted here. Really like them and I'm using it as my around the town beater shoe that I leave at the front door without trees. I work from home most days so it's a real effort to take my Aldens out of the closet just to drive down to the grocery store.

Since I got them for a really good price I don't care if I wear down the crepe sole too fast. I'm thinking of sending them to B. Nelson at some point to put a Dainite sole on them.

I will be very curious how this turns out. I know the crepe sole doesn't get much love in this forum but my jcrew LWB's are my most worn shoe (granted, that's means maybe two times in a week). I thought the Alden commando shoe was the most comfortable on the planet until I wore plantation crepe. I keep hearing that they will look really bad once they wear down, but I'll worry about that when it happens. I wonder if you'll feel the same when the time comes.
post #72018 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post
  Damn, I love those boots! Wore mine yesterday. Enjoy!

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYDRH View Post
 

Congrats they look great........they're on my short list

 

 

 

Thanks to all for the good wishes.  They're my first Color 8s so I'm really looking forward to seeing how they develop.


Edited by halfnhalfnhalf - 1/28/14 at 11:09am
post #72019 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfnhalfnhalf View Post

Thanks to all for the good wishes.  They're my first Color 8s so I'm really looking forward to how they develop.
It's all uphill from here, 1/8th.
post #72020 of 122416

Wearing my Alden of DC #8 captoe boots with commando sole today in San Francisco too.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnc View Post

I will be very curious how this turns out. I know the crepe sole doesn't get much love in this forum but my jcrew LWB's are my most worn shoe (granted, that's means maybe two times in a week). I thought the Alden commando shoe was the most comfortable on the planet until I wore plantation crepe. I keep hearing that they will look really bad once they wear down, but I'll worry about that when it happens. I wonder if you'll feel the same when the time comes.

I do find the crepe soles very comfortable and have a ways to go before they need resoling so we'll see what I do when the time comes. In the meantime I will give the Ranger Mocs a lot of wear and will probably use them as my main walking shoe when I travel to Paris next month.
post #72021 of 122416

Any recommendations on where to get soles redone on Indy boots in NYC? What material do you suggest? Never have resoled shoes before.

post #72022 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by alldma View Post
 

Any recommendations on where to get soles redone on Indy boots in NYC? What material do you suggest? Never have resoled shoes before.

Use the search function as it you will gain a ton of info. I would suggest either B Nelson or sending back to Alden

post #72023 of 122416

Congrats, ((1/2)/2)/2

Great boot.

post #72024 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfnhalfnhalf View Post

Thanks to all for the good wishes.  They're my first Color 8s so I'm really looking forward to seeing how they develop.

How did you size for the Grant?
post #72025 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevent View Post

Yeah regarding Adam he is spot on always. He might be a bit off putting but I would prefer him to sell me a carefully inspected shoe vs a retailer that just tosses box into shipment box. And with him preventing people from buying the wrong size I'm not sure how they phrased email since he has always been quite open and clear with his emails. Once you confirm you are comfortable with size and model it's a quick and easy transaction

and edit: quite a few sale models at AoC including some black shell
http://www.alden-of-carmel.com/overstocks.htm

adam is great in hindsight, like the adult in the room. I once really wanted a pair of boots and he told me they wouldnt fit. i told them id make them fit. He say nu-uh, and sure enough he was right

indy shoe today. tobacco chamois has aged nicely in the past couple of months and ive yet to brush them

AppleMark
post #72026 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post


adam is great in hindsight, like the adult in the room. I once really wanted a pair of boots and he told me they wouldnt fit. i told them id make them fit. He say nu-uh, and sure enough he was right

indy shoe today. tobacco chamois has aged nicely in the past couple of months and ive yet to brush them

 

Namor they look awesome. It wasnt until you first posted these that I was convinced I wanted a pair and put myself on the pre-order.  Your pics convinced me, the ones on the website just didnt do it for me.  Do you find the fit to be the same as the  Shell Indy boot(if you have one) or any other true balance lasted footwear?

 

Keep the pics coming

post #72027 of 122416
I haven't worn these in quite a while for some reason.

post #72028 of 122416
Good point tifosi,

I have a pair of forgotten Alden's myself. Perhaps we should have a dust of the shelf day similar to whiskey Wednesdays only for the forgotten shoe/booys in our rotations.
post #72029 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by bespoken pa View Post

Good point tifosi,

I have a pair of forgotten Alden's myself. Perhaps we should have a dust of the shelf day similar to whiskey Wednesdays only for the forgotten shoe/booys in our rotations.
That's a great idea! I can wear my black shell boots that I haven't worn in over a month!
post #72030 of 122416
we can call it...the "$700 shoes I forgot about in the back of my closet" day
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.