Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 10/25/15 at 6:54pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- One Shoe Wardrobe: Why Not? Last post on 4/4/14 at 1:25am in Classic Menswear
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 4787
Styleforum Top Picks
Someone on here mentioned that J. Gilbert has a order of 990's on commando sole arriving in March. I emailed them and said they have my size arriving and the price was $695.
My past purchase of a Alden Cordovan shoe was $645 and seems to be the going rate at the moment on most other websites. I guess when youre spending this much money a extra $50 isnt a huge deal to most people. Id prefer to not pay $695 if a better deal is available.
FYI. just got a shirt I ordered from NeedSupplyco and they sent a %15percent off coupon code that works on Alden shoes but Im not interested in any of the makeups they have available. Guess I will order something else but could be a good deal for anyone out there on the fence about ordering something off that site.
aaaand at that point, I start (started) looking at other companies.. no disrespect to alden, as I own a handful currently, but >$800 I start questioning my purchases
Suck it up young Spiffster!
Alden 101 is in fact a prerequisite for American Pedal History. The good thing though, is that AP History will fulfill your core writing requirement!
agreed. I have maybe 3-4 purchases left (shell) and I think I can tap myself out. most of these would be difficult as they'd be older variations (jcrew ravello lwb, olive'd cigar lwb)
I've been really impressed with epaulets carmina offerings of late, both in shell and other variations.
Glad to hear it. Otherwise, I would have petitioned to be added to the class roster on the basis of having accrued the minimum number of Alden basics: an Indy boot, several lwb's, PTBs and an lhs. Hoping I get to tassels during the second semester.
Yes it's Alden's fault but both companies should check the product before it leaves. UnionMade response to me was.. That is how Alden's are. The can send them to Alden and see what they say but UnionMade does not see any issue here.
for as much flak as the calif alden dealer gets for his return policy (adam?) atleast I think I've read he's fairly thorough with his quality control.
at the end of the day, we're talking about shoes that very well will get scuffed/scraped/beat 5 minutes out the house.. but these are $500+ shoes.. not $50 DSWs..
Best part is I specifically asked Ellen to check the shoes and in 15 seconds she responds there perfect! So I hope you can understand my frustration since I know of the qc issues so I always make sure to ask for an inspection.
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 27 seconds ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) -... 4 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Black Captoe Oxford GMTO 5 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing,... 6 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 6 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 7 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 11 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 13 minutes ago
- › Bow Ties 15 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 17 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories