Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Yesterday at 8:01 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 4/17/16 at 2:48pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 4786post #71776 of 1224161/25/14 at 8:48ampost #71777 of 1224161/25/14 at 8:49amQuote:
Thanks Be. Buying a scotch grain calfskin boot was a bit of a divergence for me. However, I absolutely love them. It is my first UK made shoe/boot and C&J does a fantastic job. I'm very tempted to get the Harlech boot in shell one of these days.
RE: the shine on the PCT boots, I'm still a bit surprised at how well they shined up. I didn't keep them that shiny for long but they sure looked pretty in the sun.post #71778 of 1224161/25/14 at 8:51ampost #71779 of 1224161/25/14 at 9:29ampost #71780 of 1224161/25/14 at 9:34ampost #71781 of 1224161/25/14 at 9:46amQuote:
In my class, we go beyond mere rote memorization/recall and seek the analysis and synthesis in Bloom's Taxonomy of Learning. Be prepared to write responses to prompts such as...
-To what extent are the price differences between Alden, AE, Carmina, and C&J Shell Cordovan shoes and boots warranted?
-Assess the validity of the following statement... Bluchers are inherently casual shoes that should not be worn with suits.
-Evaluate the relative importance of factors contributing to the decline in the American shoe industry over the last 60 years.
Be sure to develop strong thesis statements that directly respond to the prompt. Lastly, be prepared to orally defend your papers to the class!
(I'm ready to propose my curriculum to the Board of Regents!)post #71782 of 1224161/25/14 at 10:45ampost #71783 of 1224161/25/14 at 10:46ampost #71784 of 1224161/25/14 at 10:56ampost #71785 of 1224161/25/14 at 11:10am
I too like both. Although admittedly nearly all of my calf is non-Alden (but I have some Alden calf and have nothing against it).
An argument can be made that a well rounded shoe/boot wardrobe contains shell, calf, scotch grain/country calf, and suede.post #71786 of 1224161/25/14 at 2:13pmpost #71787 of 1224161/25/14 at 3:36pmQuote:
Here's a side by side of a Barrie (left) and the Wolvernine Model 744 (right):
Judge for yourself which one you think looks better.
The 744 is 11D and the Barrie is a 10D.
The 744 feels narrower in the heel area than the Barrie, and has a roomier toebox. I personally find the 744's relatively narrower heel/wider toe box combo very comfortable. In order for me to get a proper fit in Barrie, primarily in the heel and arch areas, I've had to move to 10.5C, which appears visually longer than a size 11 744 boot (C width addresses most issues that I had with the Barrie last fit).post #71788 of 1224161/25/14 at 4:37pmpost #71789 of 1224161/25/14 at 5:49pmpost #71790 of 1224161/25/14 at 5:52pmQuote:
before your ninja edit , I was going to just say that from the posts here about this, I took it as Unionmade threw their hands up at the condition of the shoe.. I'd be irritated if I received that pair posted personally, but luckily I've yet to experience such a poor item (from any retailer, other than my C&J McCallums )
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 2 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 2 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 6 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 9 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 9 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 11 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 16 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 16 minutes ago
- › EDWARD GREEN Berkeley Dark Oak 7,5 UK 16 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...