Not that I know of at the moment. Leffot may have some sizes left from the last run... maybe.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 8:38 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/19/16 at 12:59pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: 2/8/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 4768post #71506 of 1224161/22/14 at 3:04pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #71507 of 1224161/22/14 at 3:49pmpost #71508 of 1224161/22/14 at 3:57pmQuote:
I would expect Leffot and Context will both have shell NSTs available sometime over the next year or so. Both do very large size runs. Get on their e-mail lists and you should be able to grab one. Leffot does the color 8 / antique, Context does both black and color 8.
Citishoes did a run of color 8 tankers recently as well, check in with them to see if they have your size or are reordering.post #71509 of 1224161/22/14 at 3:58pmQuote:Originally Posted by tampatravel
Has anyone even been in the Alden factory? I'm just curious. I travel some for work...and when I do, I always try to get some shopping in or visit a factory that makes awesome things. From Louisville Slugger to Jack Daniels to Filson to Allen Edmonds - I usually end up buying something cool and it's made here in America. For Alden, I drove past it, but I didn't even try to stop in. That place is a lot like the Wonka Factory I have a feeling. Pretty nuts considering even Ferrari, if you own one, lets you get inside the factory in Maranello.
No dice. I am about 30 minutes from the plant and no tours are allowed. They say it is due to insurance restrictions. I have dropped off shoes a few times for repair but never further than the front door. I still think they should hire me to run the plant! I have plenty of manufacturing experience...post #71510 of 1224161/22/14 at 3:58pmQuote:Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse
I've been in on (and also gotten out of) lots of pre-orders and this is all true. For me, in the future I'm only going to put down a deposit or full payment on orders that have already been confirmed by Alden. Otherwise, you may wait years for an order to be confirmed. I wouldn't mind adding my name to a list like that, but I won't pay on it until the order is confirmed. Only possible exception is a $100 deposit with Leather Soul, with the reasons being that A) they have nice unique makeups, B) they will get the shoe made by Alden, even if it takes a while, and C) $100 deposit is not a huge amount of money.
Thanks folks! I put myself on the waiting list for the cigar shell cap toe from Alden DC. No deposit, but also little to no chance of fruition. I think I was 6th or so for my size and they're getting 4 pairs for that size.post #71511 of 1224161/22/14 at 3:59pmQuote:
Mine too! I need to post some pics soon. I am really happy with the color. It is a bit more of a dark sand than some of the tan suede I have seen, not a lot of yellow to itpost #71512 of 1224161/22/14 at 4:02pm
I live in Pa and we got a lot of snow yesterday. After reading here how some of you wear your shell on commando in rain and snow, I got up this morning, put on my shell commando color 8 tankers and prepared to eat breakfast and then battle the elements. Well, I just couldn't do it. I chickened out and put on my Swims Mobster Boots. Oh well, maybe another day.post #71513 of 1224161/22/14 at 4:06pmQuote:
Do they have a time frame for when they are getting those shoes? Just curious.post #71514 of 1224161/22/14 at 4:08pmpost #71515 of 1224161/22/14 at 4:09pmpost #71516 of 1224161/22/14 at 4:11pmpost #71517 of 1224161/22/14 at 4:12pmpost #71518 of 1224161/22/14 at 4:13pmpost #71519 of 1224161/22/14 at 4:14pm
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
Styleforum Top Picks
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 1 minute ago
- › *** Official Norwegian Rain Bergen by T Michael Thread ******** -... 5 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 7 minutes ago
- › I think I hate San Francisco. 8 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 11 minutes ago
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 14 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 21 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 22 minutes ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 23 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What products do I use and how to I care for...
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.