Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 7:24 am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 4/17/16 at 2:48pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 4751post #71252 of 1224161/18/14 at 8:40pmpost #71253 of 1224161/18/14 at 8:54pmpost #71254 of 1224161/18/14 at 9:30pmQuote:
I have an original Rosen ARG that is over 20 years old that's still going strong. Is that a Solo you're running?post #71255 of 1224161/18/14 at 9:48pmpost #71256 of 1224161/18/14 at 11:22pmpost #71257 of 1224161/19/14 at 6:33am
So a few weeks back I had posted about my decision between 2 pairs of PTBs (Unionmade Officer Shoe vs Epaulet Tyrol)...
I ended up getting the Officer shoe (which I love) but knew right away I had to have the Tyrol as well..
My first pair of Alden's were on the Berrie and at the time, assuming I was a 10 on the braddock I went with a 9.5. I would not say the shoe was too big but just a little roomy in the toe area so when it came time to pick a size in the Leydon last (Officer Shoe) I chanced it on the 9.5 and have had no regrets.
So now I am faced with another Berrie PTB purchase and am struggling between another 9.5 that will be a touch roomy in the toe or sizing down to a 9 which should either be just like my 9.5 Leydon (perfection) or….to small..
any input would be greatly appreciated.
and pic just bc :-)post #71258 of 1224161/19/14 at 6:57ampost #71259 of 1224161/19/14 at 7:42amHello guys,
Been a SF member for ages but have been MIA for a while. Was wondering if anyone could help me figure out what sizing in need in a Barrie Last for Alden.
I presently where McNairy in a size 9us and in a Vans Era in 10.5. I know I really should go get measured but was wondering if anyone knew what sizing I should be shooting for going off these two shoe brands.
I was thinking 9.5us in a Barrie but I am starting to second guess myself and think i need a size 10.
If anyone can please shed some light on this it would be appreciated.post #71260 of 1224161/19/14 at 8:08ampost #71261 of 1224161/19/14 at 9:28ampost #71262 of 1224161/19/14 at 10:02amI had a question about the fit on the alden cap toe boot before I ordered it. I wear a sz 10d pair of alden Indy 403s on the tru balance last. Which I ordered half a size smaller,They fit perfectly. I know the captoe is on a different last. Would you guys recommend ordering a 10.5d in the cap toe?post #71263 of 1224161/19/14 at 10:07ampost #71264 of 1224161/19/14 at 10:19ampost #71265 of 1224161/19/14 at 11:48am
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › The Uniqlo Thread 47 seconds ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 1 minute ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 1 minute ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › The Official Drake's London Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 5 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...