or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 4742  

post #71116 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguy View Post

Yes - feet specific.

For me:
9.5D Grant (9D, which I have tried, is too small).
9.5D Plaza boots
9D Plaza shoes

Hey Seven, do the Plaza boots run smaller? narrower? ...similar to the way barrie boots are perceived here??

post #71117 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguy View Post

Yes - feet specific.


For me:

9.5D Grant (9D, which I have tried, is too small).

9.5D Plaza boots

9D Plaza shoes
Hey Seven, do the Plaza boots run smaller? narrower? ...similar to the way barrie boots are perceived here??

I wouldn't necessarily say that, and, quite frankly, I could make plaza shoes in 9.5D work. My size differential is due, in part, to the fact that my Plaza boots are worn with medium weight socks and my Plaza shoes are worn with thin dress socks. Further, snug fitting shoes is a good thing and most times preferred; however, snug fitting boots, at least for me, is not preferred.

NOTE: For those on the fence about Plaza boots, I would encourage you to try them. It is for me - easily - the best boot last that Alden uses.
post #71118 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by francoamerican View Post

Unionmade shipped these to me http://unionmadegoods.com/product/alden-stoneman-chukka-in-color-8-cordovan-13394c/ in size 11. They will be beautiful but I think they are going to be a bit too rustic for wear with a jacket and trousers (which is what I wear mostly) Any thoughts are welcomed.

I think i'm going to sell them.

(up in marketplace if anybody is interested actually

http://www.styleforum.net/t/376659/alden-stoneman-chukka-cordovan-number-8

Is it the heel? Think a cobbler could change it out?
post #71119 of 122416

I just receive the  975 replacement. I measure the width of the shoes and found that left shoe is 1mm wider than the right shoe.Also, the medallion looks a bit off. Is this a big problem? Any other problem on the shoes that should be a deal breaker? Thanks in advance

 

 

 

 

 


Edited by PeterL - 1/16/14 at 12:54pm
post #71120 of 122416
^^ 1mm? It is probably just the way the sole was trimmed. I wouldn't worry.
post #71121 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillardiv View Post

Is it the heel? Think a cobbler could change it out?

That's a great idea.
post #71122 of 122416
Oh boy...
post #71123 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by budapest12 View Post

Oh boy...
You gotta start quoting, man!!! haha
post #71124 of 122416
^ Better I didn't! Not this time around.
post #71125 of 122416
^^ Pretty sure I know what you were responding to...
post #71126 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

^^ 1mm? It is probably just the way the sole was trimmed. I wouldn't worry.

Thanks for the reply. What do you think about the medallion?

post #71127 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterL View Post
 

I just receive the  975 replacement. I measure the width of the shoes and found that left shoe is 1mm wider than the right shoe.Also, the medallion looks a bit off. Is this a big problem? Any other problem on the shoes that should be a deal breaker? Thanks in advance

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

I will confess:  I cannot see anything remotely off about the shoes.  I do see the tiny gap near the sole in the last picture, but do not think it should be of any concern.  Beauty is in the feet of the wearer, but I think they look great and you should enjoy them for years to come.

post #71128 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by aldenwear View Post
 

I will confess:  I cannot see anything remotely off about the shoes.  I do see the tiny gap near the sole in the last picture, but do not think it should be of any concern.  Beauty is in the feet of the wearer, but I think they look great and you should enjoy them for years to come.

Thanks for the opinion sir

post #71129 of 122416

Im looking to get a pair of plain toe color 8 aldens similar to the stock 990's but I think I prefer the natural or antique color edging over the stock model. I know Leffot had something similar but I think they are sold out in my size.

 

Really like this model

https://www.thebureaubelfast.com/assets/generated/products/extralarge/a13397f65728f22ca6fbd227d56636ba.jpg

 

Question is I have ordered from Leather Soul and Leffot gets mentioned on this forum a lot but I never see anyone order from this particular website. Any reason for this? Just want to make sure they have a reliable reputation in case I need to exchange them for any reason.

 

Price comes out to about $655 so that seems on par with other cordovan models

 

thanks

post #71130 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterL View Post

Thanks for the reply. What do you think about the medallion?
If they were mine, I would see nothing wrong with them. Enjoy!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.