or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 4736  

post #71026 of 122416

Whiskey Wednesday

 

post #71027 of 122416

mdubs found these for me. he is the coolest guy ever.

 

ravello nst boots on aberdeen

maiden voyage

post #71028 of 122416
^ Super super super sweet.
post #71029 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post

Looks great Sazon. Very nice design. Those are a light shade of Cigar.

Agreed, that is a very light shade but it looks fantastic. I think some of the newer Ravello that we've seen has been darker than these.

Sazon - did these lighten up over time or were they a very light shade of Cigar when you got them?
post #71030 of 122416

Yes, they're Alden...yes they're on sale - if you wear a 12 D in a Barrie (THAT RHYMED)

 

$220

 

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Black-Fleece-Long-Wingtip/01AH,default,pd.html?dwvar_01AH_Color=BLCK&contentpos=11&cgid=1601

 

post #71031 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDV View Post

mdubs found these for me. he is the coolest guy ever.

ravello nst boots on aberdeen
maiden voyage Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


ARRRRRGGGGHHHH!!! I need ravello boots!!!
post #71032 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampatravel View Post

Yes, they're Alden...yes they're on sale - if you wear a 12 D in a Barrie (THAT RHYMED)

$220

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Black-Fleece-Long-Wingtip/01AH,default,pd.html?dwvar_01AH_Color=BLCK&contentpos=11&cgid=1601

Actually those are Grant.
post #71033 of 122416

I'm going to ask a silly question, but it's in the interest of saving everyone else's time and couldn't find the answer anywhere:

 

When I reply to a post that contains a large image (or set of images) via the "quote" reply function, how do I created a "spoiler" that hides said image(s) in my post, so others don't have to see them all over again?

 

Thanks

post #71034 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeebs View Post

I'm going to ask a silly question, but it's in the interest of saving everyone else's time and couldn't find the answer anywhere:

When I reply to a post that contains a large image (or set of images) via the "quote" reply function, how do I created a "spoiler" that hides said image(s) in my post, so others don't have to see them all over again?

Thanks

Just type [_spoiler] before and [/_spoiler] after whatever you want to hide. Omit the underscore I typed. I just did that so it wouldn't hide my text. I use that method because I usually access from the mobile view.
post #71035 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Doble View Post

Classy shoes. Love the Plaza.

I've never understood why, at least in the AE thread, some say a black brogued cap toe or wingtip bal doesn't make sense.

What is their rationale? Based on what some of these guys say, the only black shoe that "makes sense" is a black oxford straight tip balmoral. I'm wearing my unlined black PTBs with a suit right now, and it looks 100% appropriate. I have my 9016, which I love, and I would consider adding a black balmoral wingtip.
post #71036 of 122416
Those chocolate suede tankers look awesome. It is worth it to collect NST shoes and boots in a variety of styles and leathers...
post #71037 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post

Those chocolate suede tankers look awesome. It is worth it to collect NST shoes and boots in a variety of styles and leathers...
Yes Yes Yes!!!
post #71038 of 122416

Highlight the text/pics that you want to hide, then click that black caption speech button looking thing shown above.

post #71039 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post


What is their rationale? Based on what some of these guys say, the only black shoe that "makes sense" is a black oxford straight tip balmoral. I'm wearing my unlined black PTBs with a suit right now, and it looks 100% appropriate. I have my 9016, which I love, and I would consider adding a black balmoral wingtip.

Their rationale is probably that brogueing makes black, which is inherently formal, less formal, and therefore contradicts itself.  I also disagree with this assertion.

post #71040 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakes11771 View Post

Their rationale is probably that brogueing makes black, which is inherently formal, less formal, and therefore contradicts itself.  I also disagree with this assertion.
I disagree also. I have a pair of black calf wingtip bals. I dress formal so infrequently that it doesn't make sense for me to own a strictly "formal" shoe. All of my shoes have to be able to be worn business casual. I have worn the wingtip bals in formal setting and did not find them out of place at all.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.