Those are awesome! Never seen that makeup before.......
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 9:13 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/19/16 at 12:59pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: Yesterday
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 4732post #70966 of 1224161/14/14 at 9:31am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #70967 of 1224161/14/14 at 10:15ampost #70968 of 1224161/14/14 at 10:15ampost #70969 of 1224161/14/14 at 10:38am
Alcibiades.......they came this way....I believe that it is a single-leather sole.....not flex
I am also not sure of the last but believe that they may be plaza as they look and fit similar to the plaza monks from Leather Soul I got on ebay not long ago.....definitely not barrie.post #70970 of 1224161/14/14 at 12:02pmpost #70971 of 1224161/14/14 at 12:33pmpost #70972 of 1224161/14/14 at 12:39pmpost #70973 of 1224161/14/14 at 1:17pmpost #70974 of 1224161/14/14 at 1:30pmpost #70975 of 1224161/14/14 at 1:41pmpost #70976 of 1224161/14/14 at 1:46pmPSA:
Just ran accross these Cordovan Chukka's on sale. Only size left is 11. $418
http://unionmadegoods.com/product/alden-stoneman-chukka-in-color-8-cordovan-13394c/post #70977 of 1224161/14/14 at 1:46pmpost #70978 of 1224161/14/14 at 1:47pm
Wondering if anyone could give me some insight on the barrie last? I've read a bunch on here, and I am still somewhat confused, or just need some clarity. Everyone says you should size down a half, but why? Is it because the Barrie is a long last, or a wide last? or is it both? I'm normally 12D/E. 12D is usually pretty good fit, but a touch snug on the sides at time, depending on the last. (12D on the AE 1 last is great with thin socks, 12E with thicker socks). Would someone who is 12E wear a 12D in the barrie?post #70979 of 1224161/14/14 at 1:50pmpost #70980 of 1224161/14/14 at 2:12pmCurious- how many of you simply accept various fit issues with some of your pairs?
I'm a 9D Brannock,but my balmorals are big in the heel. Size down for Indys, but the CXL stretched a bit (but still ok). Yet the same size in Barrie is almost too snug!
Or maybe I should say: how much toe room do you guys usually have in your boots?
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
Styleforum Top Picks
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 47 seconds ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 1 minute ago
- › Shibumi card holder... 4 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 11 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's... 14 minutes ago
- › Rubber soled shoes 15 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 16 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 16 minutes ago
- › The Official Common Projects Thread 18 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 20 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...