or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 4702  

post #70516 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue collar View Post

Gents, maybe a bit BDSM...

Up on the Bay

Alden police boots!



http://www.ebay.com/itm/OFFICIAL-ALDEN-POLICE-MOTORCYCLE-BOOTS-/121248546059?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item1c3af9fd0b

I'd like to think i'd avoid buying these if they were my size....shog[1].gif

Assuming those are the same pair, the owner has been trying to sell them on eBay off-and-on for the better part of a year.  I'm sort of surprised that some newb hasn't bought them during their initial spending frenzy simply for the fact that they say "Alden" on the insole.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by coinopcollector View Post
 

These are the same boots that Mac shows from time to time and everyone drools over, myself included.  Mac says they were a special make up.  If you don't mind can you please tell us where and how you found a pair.  I really would like to own this boot!

StyleForum group MTO if i'm not mistaken.  I think it may even be called "The StyleForum Boot".  That might be a tough one to acquire, unless used.  Almost certainly impossible to acquire new, that is, if it is what I think it is.

post #70517 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by sazon View Post

mdubs - stunners! Man can live on #8 and Ravello LWB alone.
You could....but why would you????
post #70518 of 122416
I believe Mac's boots are all eyelets while sazon's boots have speedhooks

EDIT - Looks like I am wrong. Mac's boots have speedhooks too. They do appear to be the same boots.
post #70519 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post

Good morning all, today I am going with the Ravello NST. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)



Have a great Tuesday.

-Mike
Those are some seriously beautiful NSTs, dubs.
post #70520 of 122416
Must have been gunboat day on BART this morning. Stood next to someone wearing a brown CXL LWB while I was in my snuff suede LWB. I think I can count on a single hand Alden sightings on BART over the past year.
post #70521 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakes11771 View Post

StyleForum group MTO if i'm not mistaken.  I think it may even be called "The StyleForum Boot".  That might be a tough one to acquire, unless used.  Almost certainly impossible to acquire new, that is, if it is what I think it is.

I thought the StyleForum boot was through Leather Soul and was a Color 8 medallion tip boot. Could be wrong though, unless there was more than one "StyleForum Boot"
post #70522 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakes11771 View Post
 

 

StyleForum group MTO if i'm not mistaken.  I think it may even be called "The StyleForum Boot".  That might be a tough one to acquire, unless used.  Almost certainly impossible to acquire new, that is, if it is what I think it is.

SF group MTO from which retailer?  I know others have expressed an interest in that boot.  Maybe we can commission another run.

post #70523 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse View Post

I thought the StyleForum boot was through Leather Soul and was a Color 8 medallion tip boot. Could be wrong though, unless there was more than one "StyleForum Boot"

Alden of DC also did a makeup for the Forum - a Whiskey Indy.
post #70524 of 122416
I could be wrong but I think SF boot has the medallion only no captoe like Sazon's boot.
post #70525 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by lagsun View Post

Must have been gunboat day on BART this morning. Stood next to someone wearing a brown CXL LWB while I was in my snuff suede LWB. I think I can count on a single hand Alden sightings on BART over the past year.


I have never ever seen another Alden shoe in the wild. I thought I did once in Sacramento, but I was afraid the guy who was wearing them didn't speak English, so I didn't approach him. *whew* that could've been awkward.

post #70526 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse View Post


I thought the StyleForum boot was through Leather Soul and was a Color 8 medallion tip boot. Could be wrong though, unless there was more than one "StyleForum Boot"

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by epc2 View Post

I could be wrong but I think SF boot has the medallion only no captoe like Sazon's boot.

 

You gents may be right.  All I remember is that it was a medallion toe boot, and didn't really commit any other details to memory.

post #70527 of 122416
epc2 - i think you're correct on that one.

Thanks for the comments on the black boots guys.

I wish I knew where these came from. These were a gift to me from a friend who knows how much I’m shell addict.
post #70528 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by coinopcollector View Post
 

SF group MTO from which retailer?  I know others have expressed an interest in that boot.  Maybe we can commission another run.

Lack of interest has never really been the unsurmountable obstacle in this sort of endeavor.  However, I wish you the best of luck if you decide to follow through with this undertaking.

post #70529 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampatravel View Post
 


I have never ever seen another Alden shoe in the wild. I thought I did once in Sacramento, but I was afraid the guy who was wearing them didn't speak English, so I didn't approach him. *whew* that could've been awkward.

 

when I look at the #alden tag on Instagram, I would say a large % of the pictures are from Asia.  maybe up to 40%.  

post #70530 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by epc2 View Post

I could be wrong but I think SF boot has the medallion only no captoe like Sazon's boot.

Right, this is the one I was thinking of:

http://leathersoulhawaii.com/2008/06/26/alden-shoes-the-sf-boot/

In the past there have been SF members that worked with certain retailers on group MTOs (Alden DC, Epaulet, Leffot, Leather Soul), but I think this was the only one that was actually advertised as the "SF Boot" and I think it's been a long time since anyone actually had a successful group MTO actually completed with a third party retailer. There's a bunch in the works but none have been confirmed by Alden.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.