or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 4700  

post #70486 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeharo View Post

  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)




Sorry for the picture quality, they are from a galaxy s4. Some are with flash, some are without flash to try to give you comprehensive idea

They are definitely great shoes. I like them a lot and enjoy wearing them. I wish they wore more evenly but considering the nature of this leather, its not totally unexpected.

 

No worries! Thanks for the pics! They are a nice mix stylistically and look reasonably rugged.

 

-Mike

post #70487 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhitelaw View Post
 

 

definitely been there

 

:fonz:

post #70488 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeharo View Post






Sorry for the picture quality, they are from a galaxy s4. Some are with flash, some are without flash to try to give you comprehensive idea

They are definitely great shoes. I like them a lot and enjoy wearing them. I wish they wore more evenly but considering the nature of this leather, its not totally unexpected.

You know how tobacco chamois has that oily nappiness that is so desirable--does it disappear with vigorous brushing, or does that finish pretty much stay that way?

post #70489 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post



ravello full strap
argyles otc


amazing Ravellos uncle.

love the combo

post #70490 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by sqroot3 View Post

You know how tobacco chamois has that oily nappiness that is so desirable--does it disappear with vigorous brushing, or does that finish pretty much stay that way?

I have not brushed them vigorously. Are they a candidate for brushing with a horsehair brush? I have used a suede brush on discreet parts of the shoe to test how that would work. This leather does not have nap like a suede. It is more of a smooth leather; think 24 grit versus 220 grit. In my opinion, vigorously brushing would pull oils out of the leather and cause the darkening. Therefore, I have avoided it. The darkening I can understand, the creasing is what upsets me.
post #70491 of 122416
LS Snuff suede plain toe flex boots today. Trousers by Epaulet.
post #70492 of 122416

I certainly have walked around in my PJ's wearing some Alden's. I did it last night in fact.

 

"Hey! I'm just trying to break some shoes in here lady...quit looking at my like I'm some kind of WERIDO!"

 

I wore some unlined snuff today too @hooker4186   I stole these off eBay for $69.99 Buy It Now. BOOM! :bounce2:

 

 

It's 34 frickin' degrees here in Tampa today....you kidding me? Real Feel of 23.

I know it's not Canada, but this is a lil cold for down here...seriously

post #70493 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampatravel View Post

I certainly have walked around in my PJ's wearing some Alden's. I did it last night in fact.

"Hey! I'm just trying to break some shoes in here lady...quit looking at my like I'm some kind of WERIDO!"

I wore some snuff today too @hooker4186
   I stole these off eBay for $69.99 Buy It Now. BOOM! bounce2.gif



icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #70494 of 122416

Came across both this links from Rancourt.

 

It says the split toe shoe trees are NOT recommended for unline shell shoes.

 

I have a pair of unlined color8 PTB.

 

What do you guys make of this statement?

 

http://www.rancourtandcompany.com/shoe-care/shoe-trees-split-toe.html

 

http://www.rancourtandcompany.com/shoe-care/shoe-trees-solid-toe.html

post #70495 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by takashi78 View Post
 

Came across both this links from Rancourt.

 

It says the split toe shoe trees are NOT recommended for unline shell shoes.

 

I have a pair of unlined color8 PTB.

 

What do you guys make of this statement?

 

http://www.rancourtandcompany.com/shoe-care/shoe-trees-split-toe.html

 

http://www.rancourtandcompany.com/shoe-care/shoe-trees-solid-toe.html

Interesting... My unlined shell 1000 mile Wolverines (744 LTD by AE) came with split toe trees...

That being said I have to agree with Rancourt.

The split toe can cause some slight deformation of the shell if pressure is applied when brushing, resulting in some strange looking creases.

post #70496 of 122416
Good morning all, today I am going with the Ravello NST.





Have a great Tuesday.

-Mike
post #70497 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post

Good morning all, today I am going with the Ravello NST.

  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)




Have a great Tuesday.

-Mike

Looking good, Mike

post #70498 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post

Good morning all, today I am going with the Ravello NST.


Have a great Tuesday.

-Mike

Nice shade of Ravello - keep'em coming

post #70499 of 122416
[IMG]
Just received these boots from a site but they weren't too sure about the last.
Can anyone help? The model number on the box is M 3807 C.
post #70500 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by prez View Post

[IMG]
Just received these boots from a site but they weren't too sure about the last.
Can anyone help? The model number on the box is M 3807 C.

hard to say from just that one picture but my guess would be trubalance or modified last

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.