or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 4696  

post #70426 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post


Could you post picks when you get a chance? I have considered Leffot's tobacco shoes and boots for a while, but there are very few picks of broken in or worn shoes in this leather on the internet.

Alcibiades,

I am sure you have seen my Indys from LS.

They feel pretty indestructible.

 

post #70427 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reveille View Post
 

Hi guys,

 

I had a question for you.  I'm in the market for a PTB and have come across these 2 options:

 

Navy PTB Alden x J.Crew

 

#8 Shell Cordovan PTB

 

Which one would you choose and why?  I have never owned any shell cordovan items and am unfamiliar with their care.  I plan on wearing these both in a business casual environment, as well as on the weekend with jeans.  I fear that with the shell, they'd be more suited for the work environment than with jeans?

 

Thanks for all your help!

 

the #8 shell ones wins hands down on this one.

 

do you really want to wear navy shoes with blue jeans?

post #70428 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reveille View Post

Hi guys,

I had a question for you.  I'm in the market for a PTB and have come across these 2 options: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


Navy PTB Alden x J.Crew



#8 Shell Cordovan PTB

Which one would you choose and why?  I have never owned any shell cordovan items and am unfamiliar with their care.  I plan on wearing these both in a business casual environment, as well as on the weekend with jeans.  I fear that with the shell, they'd be more suited for the work environment than with jeans?

Thanks for all your help!

Color 8 PTB should be one of the first Alden shoes you should buy. They go great both in the office and with denim; don't be concerned about them being too formal. You will get years of wear out of them. The navy PTB are cool but go with the classics first. There is tons of information on cordovan care in the thread, but for these all you will need is shoe trees, a horsehair brush, and maybe tins of Saphir Reno / Alden's color 8 paste wax, both use very sparingly.
post #70429 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkotsko View Post

Alcibiades,
I am sure you have seen my Indys from LS.
They feel pretty indestructible.



Thanks. Those look great.

I wish I lived near LeatherSoul so I could tell what is in stock. There seem to be dozens of LS makeups that have been done over the years that are great, but I simply assume none are in stock and that they won't be restocked anytime soon (or if they have been reordered, most sizes are already spoken for).
post #70430 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

of course wink.gif
I know...imagine that... biggrin.gif
post #70431 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post


Thanks. Those look great.

I wish I lived near LeatherSoul so I could tell what is in stock. There seem to be dozens of LS makeups that have been done over the years that are great, but I simply assume none are in stock and that they won't be restocked anytime soon (or if they have been reordered, most sizes are already spoken for).

I live nowhere near them. (East coast)

I look at their website and follow them on IG, and called when I saw something I liked.

There was a rumor of an NYC store... (only a rumor at this point)

post #70432 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reveille View Post
 

Hi guys,

 

I had a question for you.  I'm in the market for a PTB and have come across these 2 options:

 

Navy PTB Alden x J.Crew

 

#8 Shell Cordovan PTB

 

Which one would you choose and why?  I have never owned any shell cordovan items and am unfamiliar with their care.  I plan on wearing these both in a business casual environment, as well as on the weekend with jeans.  I fear that with the shell, they'd be more suited for the work environment than with jeans?

 

Thanks for all your help!

 

I'm not sure how to put this.... "GO TO SHELL!"   You will find that the Shell is more versatile and this is from a guy who has pined after those Navy PTBs for a year or so. I bought the #8 PTBs from The Shoe Mart (TSM) for $399 from their irregular selection (in person). You play your cards right and you could get both of those from them as irregulars for the price of one 1st quality #8 PTB.

post #70433 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampatravel View Post
 

 

I'm not sure how to put this.... "GO TO SHELL!"   You will find that the Shell is more versatile and this is from a guy who has pined after those Navy PTBs for a year or so. I bought the #8 PTBs from The Shoe Mart (TSM) for $399 from their irregular selection (in person). You play your cards right and you could get both of those from them as irregulars for the price of one 1st quality #8 PTB.


as if the OP needed another vote for the shell--the shell wins hands down!!

post #70434 of 122416

they are stunners

i really do like the indy, would love a pair

post #70435 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbear View Post
 

 

the #8 shell ones wins hands down on this one.

 

do you really want to wear navy shoes with blue jeans?

I see your point, definitely not a great look haha!

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post


Color 8 PTB should be one of the first Alden shoes you should buy. They go great both in the office and with denim; don't be concerned about them being too formal. You will get years of wear out of them. The navy PTB are cool but go with the classics first. There is tons of information on cordovan care in the thread, but for these all you will need is shoe trees, a horsehair brush, and maybe tins of Saphir Reno / Alden's color 8 paste wax, both use very sparingly.

Thanks for the care tips! I've researched more on Google and am comfortable with caring for Shell now.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tampatravel View Post
 

 

I'm not sure how to put this.... "GO TO SHELL!"   You will find that the Shell is more versatile and this is from a guy who has pined after those Navy PTBs for a year or so. I bought the #8 PTBs from The Shoe Mart (TSM) for $399 from their irregular selection (in person). You play your cards right and you could get both of those from them as irregulars for the price of one 1st quality #8 PTB.

Haha! Thanks! I'll definitely go the Shell route!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqroot3 View Post
 


as if the OP needed another vote for the shell--the shell wins hands down!!

Yes, for sure! Shell it is!  Thanks for all the great feedback guys!

post #70436 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don L View Post

Ravello NST's

Excellent looking ravello donl.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sazon View Post

happy Monday!

Alden x J Gilbert
Corgi

Sweet looking boots sazon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post


ravello full strap
argyles otc
Excellent shine uncle Mac.
post #70437 of 122416
To celebrate my new Ravello PTBs, I am going to do Ravello week. Also thought that it would be a great way to start off the new year at work.

First off, Ravello LWB from Alden DC.





Happy Monday!

-Mike
post #70438 of 122416

^^^Oh my Mike. Those are beautiful. They look like Hershey's Chocolate!

post #70439 of 122416

Other then Alden of Carmel, are there any other places that carry the AF43?

post #70440 of 122416

-20 C !!!

 

My sympathy for the  North American friends

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.