Setting the bar high, RTP!
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 10:52 am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 11/4/16 at 11:41am in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 4686post #70276 of 1224161/3/14 at 5:33pmpost #70277 of 1224161/3/14 at 5:49pmQuote:Originally Posted by coinopcollector
Second, and many of you will consider this herasy, but I'm a color 8 or black shell guy. I thought I would love Ravello, but honestly, not so much. I think 8 is King for a reason and it is the most stunning. As for Ravello and whiskhey, I think historically they are less common because untiL recently and maybe in part due to this thread, they were less desirable.
Agreed. It's like this with a lot of "rare" things.
Obscurity leads to rarity and hyping, but the classics are still the top.
Double chuckles for first-time posters asking where they can score some whisky (bro)!post #70278 of 1224161/3/14 at 6:11pmpost #70279 of 1224161/3/14 at 6:13pmQuote:
I agree, that is an awesome picture! Congrats on your new boot. I hope that you enjoy them for many years to come.
-Mikepost #70280 of 1224161/3/14 at 6:15pmA lot of recent posts tie into my question. I too undervalued color#8 until i owned a pair. My girlfriend prefers them far above all else. For those of you who own the #8 nst on the aberdeen last, does it fit different than the plaza. Like tifosi I am bit of a tweener at 8.25 as well. Thanks in advance.post #70281 of 1224161/3/14 at 6:20pmQuote:Originally Posted by bespoken pa
A lot of recent posts tie into my question. I too undervalued color#8 until i owned a pair. My girlfriend prefers them far above all else. For those of you who own the #8 nst on the aberdeen last, does it fit different than the plaza. Like tifosi I am bit of a tweener at 8.25 as well. Thanks in advance.
Yes, the Aberdeen is a very different last. It is the most narrow at the toe box. It is supposed to be TTS, but I am a 10.5C TTS and a 10.5D or 11B on the Aberdeen.post #70282 of 1224161/3/14 at 6:24pmpost #70283 of 1224161/3/14 at 6:56pmQuote:
7.5D on both shoes. I am measured 8D on the brannock scale.
The Indy's are slightly tighter, maybe due to the heavier and harder leather.post #70284 of 1224161/3/14 at 7:00pmQuote:Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster
Someone needs to jump on these asap. I would but they are too big...
Someone will be extremely happy!
Beautiful pair, so very many coins from this modelpost #70285 of 1224161/3/14 at 7:16pmpost #70286 of 1224161/3/14 at 7:20pmQuote:
Much thanks gentlemen! Lots of sources for inspiration here!post #70287 of 1224161/3/14 at 7:55pmQuote:I have the same question. I think Aberdeen will be my next shoe. NST of course!!!Originally Posted by bespoken pa
A lot of recent posts tie into my question. I too undervalued color#8 until i owned a pair. My girlfriend prefers them far above all else. For those of you who own the #8 nst on the aberdeen last, does it fit different than the plaza. Like tifosi I am bit of a tweener at 8.25 as well. Thanks in advance.post #70288 of 1224161/3/14 at 8:37pmpost #70289 of 1224161/3/14 at 8:40pmpost #70290 of 1224161/3/14 at 8:47pm
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 31 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 1 minute ago
- › Norse Projects Sigfred Roll Linen Cotton Breton Sweater. Size S/M. 2 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › Lost Worlds A-1. Size 38. 7 minutes ago
- › "What I'm Selling on eBay" - member auctions 7 minutes ago
- › Vintage Baracuta (Four Climes). Made in England. Size 38. 9 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 9 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway