Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on 1/1/17 at 9:11am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 4682post #70216 of 1224161/3/14 at 3:11ampost #70217 of 1224161/3/14 at 4:28am
^^^ +100 Good question; I think I can guess based on different pieces of information gathered on this thread, but I would like to hear first hand experience. Can I assume my hampton size would be the same as my grant size? Has anyone found their own case to be different? Thanks for asking this question...post #70218 of 1224161/3/14 at 7:19ampost #70219 of 1224161/3/14 at 7:23am^^ Even though my foot is a tweener at about an 8.25...I still take Grant at my TTS 8.5 and it works well for me.
I don't yet have any experience with the Hampton. Which I guess means that I added nothing to this discussion...post #70220 of 1224161/3/14 at 7:25amQuote:Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster
^^^ +100 Good question; I think I can guess based on different pieces of information gathered on this thread, but I would like to hear first hand experience. Can I assume my hampton size would be the same as my grant size? Has anyone found their own case to be different? Thanks for asking this question...
I only have experience with the Hampton, unfortunately, and it's not one I can really say for sure at that. Your question is one I've thought about because a pair of black shell Grant boots would be a really nice addition for me.
I'd say my Brannock size is about a 9D (maybe 8.75D?), 8.5 Trubalance Indys feet generously, while 8.5D Barrie is a tough break-in for me although a decent fit (jury's still out on the heel).
My Hampton balmorals fit perfectly everywhere except the heel counter, which frustrates the ever living crap out of me, but...all other brands I seem to be spot on 9D, especially in boots. I've of the opinion that boots are a little more forgiving for heel fit. I could see a Hampton boot being perfect in my Brannock size, since balmorals are finnicky anyway and in a boot I'd find a little room to be acceptable.
Judging by the chart of their lasts, it looks like the Grant has similar proportions to the Barrie, but less volume. I'd size up from Barrie and go my Brannock/Hampton size.post #70221 of 1224161/3/14 at 7:36ampost #70222 of 1224161/3/14 at 7:38ampost #70223 of 1224161/3/14 at 7:52amQuote:Quote:
I am TTS on both. I am a tweener in size as well.
-Mikepost #70224 of 1224161/3/14 at 8:13ampost #70225 of 1224161/3/14 at 8:16ampost #70226 of 1224161/3/14 at 8:23ampost #70227 of 1224161/3/14 at 8:24ampost #70228 of 1224161/3/14 at 8:34am
That's good news in Baltimore...that should curb the murder total to start the 2014.
235 murders in 2013 is a lot
Baltimore is a sweet town and home to the company I work for but I'm not sure what's up with all the killing.post #70229 of 1224161/3/14 at 8:41amQuote:
Some things never change...I doubt it will help.post #70230 of 1224161/3/14 at 8:43am
You guys make me laugh with this talk of "cold weather." The last two weeks, its been -40F everyday here (with the next two week forecast looking the same), with Dec.30th reaching -60F, colder than the surface of Mars for that day.
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Allen Edmonds x Massdrop Unlined Chukka Boot Review/Info 57 seconds ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 1 minute ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 2 minutes ago
- › Cigars 2 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › NWT 2016 Isaia Napoli Exclusive Fabric Blue Tan Plaid Saxony... 5 minutes ago
- › What trousers w/ grey suede loafers? 14 minutes ago
- › Henry Blake Watches - official affiliate thread 16 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...