or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 4682  

post #70216 of 122416
Anyone care to comment on how the Grant last fits compared to the Hampton?
post #70217 of 122416

^^^ +100 Good question; I think I can guess based on different pieces of information gathered on this thread, but I would like to hear first hand experience.  Can I assume my hampton size would be the same as my grant size?  Has anyone found their own case to be different?  Thanks for asking this question...

post #70218 of 122416
Hampton is TTS.
Grant, for most, is TTS. For some it is a Tweener. For some, it is the same size as Barrie.

I take Grant TTS.
post #70219 of 122416
^^ Even though my foot is a tweener at about an 8.25...I still take Grant at my TTS 8.5 and it works well for me.

I don't yet have any experience with the Hampton. Which I guess means that I added nothing to this discussion... biggrin.gif
post #70220 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post
 

^^^ +100 Good question; I think I can guess based on different pieces of information gathered on this thread, but I would like to hear first hand experience.  Can I assume my hampton size would be the same as my grant size?  Has anyone found their own case to be different?  Thanks for asking this question...

I only have experience with the Hampton, unfortunately, and it's not one I can really say for sure at that. Your question is one I've thought about because a pair of black shell Grant boots would be a really nice addition for me.

 

I'd say my Brannock size is about a 9D (maybe 8.75D?), 8.5 Trubalance Indys feet generously, while 8.5D Barrie is a tough break-in for me although a decent fit (jury's still out on the heel).

 

My Hampton balmorals fit perfectly everywhere except the heel counter, which frustrates the ever living crap out of me, but...all other brands I seem to be spot on 9D, especially in boots.  I've of the opinion that boots are a little more forgiving for heel fit. I could see a Hampton boot being perfect in my Brannock size, since balmorals are finnicky anyway and in a boot I'd find a little room to be acceptable.

 

Judging by the chart of their lasts, it looks like the Grant has similar proportions to the Barrie, but less volume.  I'd size up from Barrie and go my Brannock/Hampton size.

post #70221 of 122416

^^^ Thank you gents...

ps  Tifosi, you always contribute nicely to any of our discussions! :D

post #70222 of 122416
I wear 10E in both Grant and Hampton (up 1/2 size from my 9.5E Barrie shoes and boots).
post #70223 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

^^ Even though my foot is a tweener at about an 8.25...I still take Grant at my TTS 8.5 and it works well for me.

I don't yet have any experience with the Hampton. Which I guess means that I added nothing to this discussion... biggrin.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post

I wear 10E in both Grant and Hampton (up 1/2 size from my 9.5E Barrie shoes and boots).

I am TTS on both. I am a tweener in size as well.

-Mike
post #70224 of 122416

It's a cold day here in Tampa...I had to reach for the OTC wool socks this morning!

 

45 degrees!?!?!

 

post #70225 of 122416
^^ Better get that cold weather out of your system! I'll be in Orlando all next week.
post #70226 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampatravel View Post
 

It's a cold day here in Tampa...I had to reach for the OTC wool socks this morning!

 

45 degrees!?!?

 

Meh.

post #70227 of 122416

Was -8 here this morning.  45 is no socks weather Tampa :D

post #70228 of 122416

That's good news in Baltimore...that should curb the murder total to start the 2014.

 

235 murders in 2013 is a lot :( 

 

Baltimore is a sweet town and home to the company I work for but I'm not sure what's up with all the killing.

post #70229 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampatravel View Post
 

That's good news in Baltimore...that should curb the murder total to start the 2014.

 

235 murders in 2013 is a lot :(

 

Baltimore is a sweet town and home to the company I work for but I'm not sure what's up with all the killing.

 

 

Some things never change...I doubt it will help.

post #70230 of 122416

You guys make me laugh with this talk of "cold weather." The last two weeks, its been -40F everyday here (with the next two week forecast looking the same), with Dec.30th reaching -60F, colder than the surface of Mars for that day.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.