You as well, Tom! You and your team are all class acts and I look forward to seeing what makeups you have in store for 2014. The real question will be if any of them will be available or already sold??? :)
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 11:32 am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 11/4/16 at 11:41am in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 4674post #70096 of 1224161/1/14 at 7:51pmpost #70097 of 1224161/1/14 at 9:55pmpost #70098 of 1224161/1/14 at 11:32pmpost #70099 of 1224161/1/14 at 11:42pmpost #70100 of 1224161/2/14 at 2:31ampost #70101 of 1224161/2/14 at 3:02ampost #70102 of 1224161/2/14 at 4:26amQuote:Originally Posted by magicspot
Just picked up a pair of BB color #8 wingtips on ebay. Looked pretty good when I got them. Before and after (deer bone, reno, light wax and buff) attached. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Few quick questions....
1) one of the shoes looks sunfaded. I tried to darken it up with a little black paste wax but its still clearly a different.
2) i usually reno my shoes till nothing more comes off on the cloth (grime, polish etc). this shoes i worked on for half an hour with multiple coats of reno all over and still couldnt get all the cloth to come off clean. should i try something else?
im loving the pantina on these shoes.
These two statements seem contradictory.
Wouldn't stripping the shoes till nothing comes off invariably affect the "patina?"post #70103 of 1224161/2/14 at 4:30ampost #70104 of 1224161/2/14 at 4:40ampost #70105 of 1224161/2/14 at 4:50amQuote:Quote:post #70106 of 1224161/2/14 at 4:58ampost #70107 of 1224161/2/14 at 5:01ampost #70108 of 1224161/2/14 at 5:10amQuote:
I think so. I found that LD works great at reducing/eliminating water spots on shell and does so for a long while. I'm pretty good about brushing and wiping shell with a damp cloth to,remove salt. With that kind of care and regular Mac method brushing, LD continued to do its job. However, I noticed the effect diminished somewhat after a session with Reno so I'd end the Reno session with another LD application.post #70109 of 1224161/2/14 at 5:12amQuote:Great pick-up tifosi. #8 with an antique edge is a fantastic combination. Slide your feet when you walk and your new LWB's will stay looking just like their photo, or you can "roll those babies". Congrats and wear them in good health.Originally Posted by tifosi
Maiden voyage! Alden x Leffot #8 LWB. Going to start breaking them in on the office carpet today.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Edited by BeSpiffington - 1/2/14 at 5:27ampost #70110 of 1224161/2/14 at 5:13amQuote:Originally Posted by patrick_b
I think so. I found that LD works great at reducing/eliminating water spots on shell and does so for a long while. I'm pretty good about brushing and wiping shell with a damp cloth to,remove salt. With that kind of care and regular Mac method brushing, LD continued to do its job. However, I noticed the effect diminished somewhat after a session with Reno so I'd end the Reno session with another LD application.
Thanks for the insight, Patrick. I appreciate it.
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
Currently, there are 1611 Active Users (276 Members and 1335 Guests)
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 18 seconds ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 1 minute ago
- › Riccardo Bestetti Bespoke projects. 1 minute ago
- › The official John Elliott B&S&T thread 4 minutes ago
- › patrickBOOTH's Third-of-Life Crisis and (Mostly) Self-Imposed... 5 minutes ago
- › Briefcase porn thread 7 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 7 minutes ago
- › The Official Wine Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Vintage Dress shoe appreciation, tips, maintenance and advice 9 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 9 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...